Party Panache, Tropical Summer Fruit Spears

One of the best parts of summer is all the luscious fresh fruit and vegetables

Fruit Pastries with Almond Cream

Today’s Tropical Summer Fruit Spears are more of an idea than a recipe

These mini fruit skewers are not only party pretty,

they are perfect to have in your fridge for a quick, healthy,

a great grab and go snack

If fruit is already cut up, you’re much more likely to reach for it

Keep a plate of skewers ready in the fridge

I made these for my hungry boys

So refreshing on hot summer days, and more nutritious than a popsicle

Now if you want to get a little fancier

Give them a drizzle of a fruit vinaigrette or poppy seed dressing

Top with chopped macadamia nuts or coconut

Wonderful for a ladies luncheon, tea, shower or outdoor gathering

Treat yourself!

Grapes

Fruit vinaigrette or Poppy Seed Dressing

Macadamia nuts, chopped

coconut shreds, optional

fresh mint, optional

mini skewers

Cut fruit into bite sized pieces.  Alternate colors and flavors on skewers, finishing with a grape or raspberry to cover the sharp tip.  Keep in the refrigerator for snacks or a side dish.

For party presentation, drizzle each skewer with a little dressing of choice and garnish with macadamia nuts and/or coconut.  Garnish plate or platter with fresh mint.

I also recommend these easy to make fruit dressings:

Orange Marmalade Vinaigrette

Fresh Strawberry Dressing

So Simple, So Pretty, So Good!

for another printable version of Tropical Summer Fruit Skewers click here

🍓🍉🍍🍇🍑

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
31 Responses to “Party Panache, Tropical Summer Fruit Spears”

What a wonderful way to start my day!

2. Ann Woleben says:

I make a fruit pizza in the summer. A cream cheese and powdered sugar mixture cover the baked crust. Then add sliced fruit – grapes, peaches, pineapple, kiwi, mandarin oranges slices, thinly sliced apples, strawberries, and blueberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Yum!

3. Jenna, you had me at tropical fruit. Could you please send over a couple of those spears this morning? I have a watermelon chilling in the refrigerator, I can’t wait to slice it. Happy Thursday!

Love your idea for summer lunches and for a healthy snack during these hot humid days. So refreshing. You always have such great ideas for entertaining Jeanna!

Sorry about your name above, my typing is a little fast today Jenna 🙂

I like how colorful they are!! Great idea to have them prepared to grab and go! 🍉🍑🍇🍊

7. Nancy says:

What a delight for a summer soirée! Just pinned this so I just remember to do it!

8. pattyanneart says:

What a great idea! ❤️
    So pretty and delicious, love this! 😀

Oh YUM! And so pretty too! Thanks Jenna, another great and tasty treat. 😋

10. Jessica says:

Yum!! Reminded me I need to buy some fruit. It’s suddenly hot here and that would be so refreshing. Thank you.

11. Love all of the great colors:@)

I bet the boys (and girl 🙂 love all the tasty treats you cook up at your house Jenna!

13. marilyn1998 says:

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared.

14. marilyn1998 says:

Congratulations! Your post was my feature pick at #ThursdayFavoriteThings this week. Visit me at https://www.marilynstreats.com on thursday morning to see your feature! All hosts choose their own features from the comments left on their blog so be sure to return to my blog to see your feature. I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon. Please don’t forget to add your link numbers or post title so we can be sure to visit!

15. Such a delicious and refreshing inspiration!
    Love those fruit spears!
    Pinned it!
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Greets, Ela

Wishing you a great 4th of July Celebration and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday! The links will be open early tomorrow, see you then.

1. […] Tropical Summer Fruit Spears were inspired by Waldorf Salad on a Stick from Hidden Valley Ranch […]