Party Panache, Sweet & Savory Fig Canapes

This is going to be my go to party bite this fall

Wonderfully sweet fig jam paired with savory Manchego cheese

All tucked in between 2 layers of flaky puff pastry

Not only do they taste divine

The prep is simple

You can have them in the oven just 5 minutes

Manchego is a wonderful Spanish cheese made from the milk of Manchega sheep

It has a pleasant distinctive flavor, and is a wonderful compliment to the fig spread

Roll out one sheet of puff pastry dough to seal the seams

Cut dough in half creating 2 equal pieces*

and spread one half with fig jam, leaving a small border

*or use 2 full sheets of dough to make a double batch

Top with cheese

Top cheese and jam with remaining dough sheet

Pinch edges all around to seal

Next carefully cut filled dough into sticks with a fluted pastry wheel

A fluted pastry wheel seals the edges as it cuts

You can see a selection of pastry wheels here

Place dough on a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet

Bake at 400 degrees until dough is golden, 12-15 minutes

Cut each stick into thirds and serve with additional fig jam for dipping

Note: Bleu cheese would be excellent inside these canapes also

Sweet & Savory Fig Canapes

• Servings: makes 10 fingers or 30 squares

1 sheet puff pastry, thawed

1/2 cup fig jam {I recommend Dalmatia Fig Spread} plus extra for dipping

1/2 cup grated Manchego cheese

Roll out pastry sheet a little to seal seams.  Cut dough in half horizontally.  Spread 1/2 of dough with fig spread and top with cheese.  Top cheese with remaining dough sheet and pinch edges together to seal.  Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut filled dough into 10 even sticks.  Place sticks on a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.

Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, checking often near the end of baking time, until dough has cooked through and is golden.  Let sticks rest for a couple minutes then cut each stick into 3 smaller pieces.  Serve with extra jam for dipping.

Perfect for your Fall and Holiday gatherings!

You might also like this

Fig and Grape Focaccia

Or pumpkins and figs from my Society 6 Shop

See the Autumn Collection here

Fall is finally just around the corner!

for another printable version of Sweet & Savory Fig Canapes click here

🍁🌻🍁

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

All About Home hosted by Common Ground & Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
34 Responses to “Party Panache, Sweet & Savory Fig Canapes”
  1. Rita C. says:

Yum! I love fig jam and cheeses together. Pinned!

OH YEAH! Pinning this for sure! MUST MAKE! Oh how I want right nowwwwww!!!!!!

3. Jenna, I must make these. I love figs and a friend gave me several bags of fresh figs from his trees in early August. I made fig preserves and they are delicious, I think they will work instead of jam, I made them extra thick. Happy Wednesday!

4. These fig jam strips look fabulous. The thought brought back memories of my Grandmother’s huge stuffed figs–we only had at Christmas time, with some sort of sharp/creamy cheese stuffed inside. You could only eat one—but they were so delicious—I can see how these canapés would be NUMMY!

5. Michelle says:

I’ve never tried anything like this, but it looks delicious! Pinning this so I can remember to make some. 😃

6. pattyanneart says:

Yum! Pinning as well.
    Looks delicious 😋
    and I love your beautiful art!! 💚💜

Well, this would be a first for me , but it does sound tasty. Is this cheese sharp? My sister Loves bleu chese, (I don’t), so I’ll also share this recipe with her. Thanks Jenna. Happy Labor Day!

8. Oh my! And the blue option might be mine! They look fabulous. I see these at book club next time! Thank you!

9. Benita says:

This looks so yummy! Figs and cheese are a great combo! Hugs!

10. Wish I had some to nosh on right now Jenna! I still haven’t tried fig jam… Gotta get on that:@)

Can’t beat figs for fall and I love this easy recipe. Love your pretty figs……..Have a wonderful time with family and friends this weekend…………

12. Deb says:

I have all the ingredients for the Sweet & Savory Fig Canapes, and my DIL loves figs. Her birthday is coming up in September and we always cook together. This will be on the menu! I just need a pastry wheel. 😁

I have some homemade fig preserves in the fridge right now, Jenna! Thanks for the yummy inspiration, as always!

Hi Jenna,
    I love the colors you used in the fig, it is beautiful! You Canapes will be lovely for any party, they look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday,447 this week. Hope you stay safe from the storm, have a great Labor Day Weekend, come back to see us real soon!

Dalmatia fig spread is a pantry staple at our house Jenna and there’s an open jar in the fridge as we speak. Love your sweet puff pastry medley with the Manchego cheese!

16. Shelia says:

Looks delicious–our family loves figs. This is a keeper recipe.

17. marilyn1998 says:

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too!

18. chef mimi says:

Oh my, these look and sound fabulous! Fig jam is wonderful, and Manchego is a perfect pairing. I can’t wait to make these!

1. […] version, Sweet and Savory Fig Canapes are delightful bites of cheese, fig spread and […]