Take-out Tuesday, Sausage & Corn Stuffing Casserole

What is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving?

Mine is stuffing…

BUT

You don’t have to wait until the holidays to have stuffing

You can enjoy it all year long!

I have been recreating retro recipes this month

This is a new version of my Mom’s Stuffing

She was a avid Pepperidge Farm lover

Herb Seasoned Classic Stuffing was always part of our Thanksgiving meal

This version is loaded with sausage, vegetables, onion, celery, and fresh corn

You can also use canned or frozen corn

Begin by browning the sausage, then remove to paper towels to drain

Add the onions to the same skillet used for the sausage and add a little butter

Once the onions start to brown add celery and cook until softened

Add sausage and corn back to the pan and season

Place the dry stuffing mix into a greased casserole and add broth

Then stir in Cream of Corn Soup

Add sausage and vegetables

Stir to mix

It should be very moist so add a dash more broth if it seems dry

Cover and bake

An easy meal with meat, bread, and vegetables all in one!

Serve and enjoy!

Sausage & Corn Stuffing Casserole

• Servings: 3-4 main dish, 6-8 as a side

1/2 14 oz bag of Pepperidge Farm herb seasoned stuffing mix

1/2 stick, 4 T unsalted butter, melted

1-2 T unsalted butter, if needed for sauteing onion

1 1/2 cups chicken stock, divided

1 can cream of corn soup

8 oz. breakfast or Italian sausage

1/2 large sweet onion, diced

1 cup chopped celery

2 ears corn, cooked and kernels removed from cob

Salt and pepper

Cook sausage in a skillet until browned, over medium low heat, stirring often and breaking it down into crumbles. Remove to paper towels to drain. Add onions and 1-2 T butter to skillet and cook in sausage drippings about 10-15 minutes until they start to turn golden. Add celery and continue to cook until celery softens. Add corn kernels and sausage to skillet, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.

Grease a deep casserole dish and add dry stuffing mix. Stir in 1 cup of broth and melted butter. Stir. If stuffing seems dry add a little more chicken broth. Stir in cream soup and combine well. Add sausage and vegetables, stir to combine. Can be refrigerated at this point.

Bake at 350, covered for 20 minutes.  Uncover and continue baking for 10-25 minutes until heated through. Baking time will depend on temperature of dish when placing in the oven.

If you would like a similar recipe that does not use prepared stuffing mix and Creamed soup try this

Holiday Dressing made with focaccia bread and cornbread

And if you want to turn your stuffing into delicious appetizers try these

Southern Sausage & Cornbread Balls

Orange Glazed Bacon Wrapped Stuffing Balls

for another printable version of Sausage & Corn Stuffing Casserole click here

Enjoy stuffing all year long!

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

All About Home hosted by Common Ground & Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
26 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Sausage & Corn Stuffing Casserole”

Yum! and what a great idea as little appetizer balls!

2. Jenna, the stuffing looks wonderful! My mom made her famous dressing at least once a month for her Sunday lunches, I make it three or four times a year. This recipe can fill in the gaps for those times I am really craving this comfort food.

The rain has been wonderful❤️

3. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, this looks delicious! My grandmothers and Mom have always made cornbread dressing, but I will have to give your stuffing recipe a try. It would be perfect for Sunday dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Your new version for stuffing sounds delicious Jenna. Our family always serves traditional dressing which I love but I would love to try this recipe. Loving all the other ideas to enjoy, the sausage cornbread balls would be a big hit here too! Uhmmm, game day spread idea!

Oh, this sounds divine! Kind of a rainy day here and this comfort food fits the mood. I really like that it can be a meal in one with, bread, meat and veggies. I have some celery to use up, just need to purchase some sausage. Yum! Pinning! 😋

6. This looks really tasty — and perfect as the days begin to chill and you want warmish food! Comfort food, stuffing is to me.

7. Michelle says:

The foods I look forward to the most at Thanksgiving are my mom’s stuffing and my husband’s pumpkin pie. 😀 I love stuffing!! I’ll have to try your recipe so I don’t have to wait because this sounds delicious!

8. lulu says:

What a different take on dressing. I like most anything with corn added so I’ll have to remember it as an ingredient.

We have Stove Top stuffing with pork chops a lot!! Hubby’s favorite comfort food! Your recipe sounds delish with the added corn! 🌽👍

Your stuffing recipe does sound like a complete meal, Jenna! I’d be happy to eat that anytime. Thank you for sharing.

What a great way to kick off fall with your delicious Sausage Corn Stuffing Casserole! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday,447 this week. Hope you have a great Labor Day Weekend and come back to see us real soon!