Party Panache, Southern Sausage & Cornbread Balls

Pop the champagne, college football kicks off this Saturday!!Β  πŸŽ‰ 🏈 🍾

We aren’t shy around here about our Tide Pride

HHjr saw this when he was working in Tuscaloosa this week, now that’s creative!

When it’s football watching time, you’ve got to start thinking game day food!

How does a maple sausage, cornbread ball with corn kernels, green onions & cheddar sound?

πŸ˜‹

And guess what, they are super simple to make!

“They come together in a “Jiffy”Β  🀣

Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl with your hands

Roll into balls

I used a small scooper* then smoothed them out by rolling in my palms

*if you don’t have a small scooper, they are so handy for cookies and other bite sized recipes and come in different sizes, you can get them from Amazon here

Make them early in the day, refrigerate and bake when you’re ready

Time to bake

Time to enjoy!

These would make a great Thanksgiving appetizer too

make ahead and freeze!

Southern Sausage & Cornbread Balls

• Servings: makes about 30
  • Difficulty: very easy

double the recipe as needed, can make ahead and freeze

1/2 lb maple sausage

1 cup cornbread mix

1 cup cheddar cheese

1/2 cup corn or 1 ear cooked corn, kernels cut off

1 green onion chopped

Dash of salt

Preheat oven to 350, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper

Combine sausage with cornbread mix and other ingredients in a mixing bowl. Shape into 1 inch balls, rolling dough in your palm. Place balls on baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes.Β  Serve warm or at room temperature.

for another printable version of Southern Sausage & Cornbread Balls click here

🏈 🐘 Roll Tide! 🐘 🏈

Dishing it & Digging it,Β Β  Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday Β  Make it Pretty MondayΒ Β Β Β Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe PartyΒ Β Β Oh My Heartsie GirlΒ Β Full Plate Thursday

Thursday Favorite ThingsΒ  Creatively CraftyΒ Β Β Home MattersΒ

Weekend Potluck Β  Sweet InspirationsΒ Β Β Happiness is Homemade

Comments
23 Responses to “Party Panache, Southern Sausage & Cornbread Balls”
  1. Jenna, since I love cornbread, these cornbread balls will be the perfect party or game-day food. I like the super easy recipe. Roll Tide Roll!πŸ˜πŸ…°οΈπŸˆ

2. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

Ooh this looks so good. I could eat one of those with my cup of coffee this morning. Yes I am ready for football to kick off! Excited. Go GEORGIA Bulldogs. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

3. This sounds like a great appetizer. I wonder if they would be good with hotter spicy Italian bulk sausage…

Yum, perfect and easy appetizer for a crowd. We are getting ready the game already!!!!! RT

5. Robin says:

I don’t follow football, but I know about the Tide Pride! πŸ˜€
    Sausage Balls look amazing and definitely on the “make soon list”. Shared on Pinterest.

I think these would be yummy, but would try with Italian sausage as I don’t care for the maple sausage. (Great minds think alike, marmaladegypsy and I were thinking the same thing, ha) I would like one right now! Lol thanks Jenna, pinning!

Yum! Sound delish Jenna! Go team!! πŸˆπŸΊπŸŽ‰

8. anne says:

Roll Tide, Roll! I am about to run to Piggly Wiggly and put sausage and Jiffy mix on my list. Thanks so much for sharing this. We are having company for the holiday weekend at the lake place and I am definitely serving this during one or maybe both games. (Yeah, we have some fans of that other school coming too.)

Oh yea, I’d nosh on these with a nice cold one! Bring on FOOTBALL:@)

Sounds like a great tailgate bite Jenna! I’m ready for some football!

11. ANNIE SCOTT says:

I am going to make these tomorrow. Do you serve a dipping sauce with them, like remoulade, mustard, or ranch?

12. Karen says:

Perfect for a party…I’ve pinned this tasty appetizer.

What a great recipe and just in time for the big games! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday, we sure enjoyed your post!

1. […] Southern Sausage and Cornbread Balls were inspired by Chorizo Cornbread Balls from Host the Toast […]