Tablescapes, MacPumpkin Octoberfest

I have been enjoying  Fanciful Pumpkins so much in my Fall decor

I call them MacPumpkins because they were inspired by MacKenzie-Childs

Time to bring them to the table!

I displayed them “bakery” style, perched on cake stands of different heights

The tiered stand in the center was getting lost so

I elevated it by placing it on a stack of black chargers

Pumpkins of all shapes, sizes and textures are tucked around the MacPumpkins

Checks, dots, patterns all happily mix together

The side place settings feature a plaid charger, white dinner plate, and polka dot salad plate, with a printed flatware napkin and a leopard patterned goblet

The head place settings are a mock candy corn plate stack with an orange charger, yellow dinner plate, black and white salad plate with a black napkin in a pumpkin ring, and a witch goblet

It’s quite a pumpkin palooza!

Last week we went to a restaurant that only served small plates

The server recommended ordering 2-3 plates per person

as each plate featured more of an appetizer portion than a main meal

I set this table with the small plate concept in mind,

when it’s time to eat, the pumpkins can be moved

and plates of food can be placed atop the pedestals for everyone to share

At Ovenbird the 4 of us ordered 10 plates, from appetizers, sides, main and dessert

The food was creative in flavor combinations and beautifully plated

We had such fun sharing and trying a variety of different things

I think this would be great for a dinner party or a Friendsgiving

The pumpkins on the tiered stand could be moved too

You could fill it with nibbles or a variety of bite sized desserts

Below is a photo of Ovenbird,

the Birmingham AL restaurant where we enjoyed a lovely dinner

you can see the menu here

It has such an amazing indoor/outdoor atmosphere,

The weather was mild and the large french doors were open

bringing the outside in

Juicy Details

chargers and some of the faux pumpkins/Hobby Lobby

Courtly Check cake stand and tiered stand/MacKenzie-Childs

wine goblets, candy corn & pumpkin plates/painted by me

Fanciful Pumpkins/tutorial here  MacKenzie-Childs inspired crafts/here

flatware napkins/made by a friend {thank you Michelle!}

Thank you for joining me today!

🌻  👻 🎃  🍁  🌻

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday

Turn About Tuesday  Celebrate Your Story,

All About Home/ Common Ground Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Sunday’s Best Linkup

Comments
44 Responses to “Tablescapes, MacPumpkin Octoberfest”
  1. Lovely table. I like doing the tapas style meal too, with lots of little bites of different things.

2. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, this is such a pretty, fun, and festive table! I love the variety of pumpkins placed about creating such a beautiful autumn centerpiece. The restaurant you had dinner at has some interesting entrees. It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

3. Your table is so darned cute, I can’t help smiling! Just loads of fun. I love the small plate concept. In the summer I go to a happy hour at an up north restaurant for dinner — if there are several of us we will order three or (heaven help us!) four of the small plates — and leave stuffed. That would be a fun home entertaining idea!

4. Michelle says:

I love your table! Those MacPumpkins are so cute. 😀

5. Love the “pumpkin patch work”!

Jenna, your fanciful pumpkins all gathered on the table look so festive. Great idea to elevate some and the tiered stand so nothing gets lost. I love little plates and need to pull some of mine, great for nibbles for the holidays. We haven’t tried the restaurant, yet! Have a fun day

Love your idea of placing the pumpkins on tiered stands for better viewing. The small plate idea is new to me, but sounds interesting and beneficial in trying a variety of foods. Glad you had a good time. 😄

8. pattyanneart says:

Love your beautiful table and MacPumpkins!! 🧡🎃

Love your pumpkins palooza Jenna!! 🎃 And I like your idea of serving and sharing a meal with small plates! I got bought a cookbook several years ago with appetizer type recipes and wine pairings… need to find it and try some of the recipes! 😊

10. Liz says:

What a fun table! I love the MacPumpkins! You did a really great job on them. Great details!

11. Nancy says:

Jenna those pumpkins are just tooooo cute! I love the idea of using cake plates!

The restaurant is my kind of place!

12. Anonymous says:

I love it, such a neat setting. Love you my friend.

13. Jenna, your pumpkin palooza is a winner, I adore you macpumkins! Using the idea of a table for small bites for all of your pumpkins makes for a beautiful presentation. Any guest would be happy to nibble from this fun and delightful table, lots of eye candy! The hubby and I must visit Chef Hastings “Ovenbird”, happy weekend!

14. Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too!

Love your MacPumpkin Octoberfest table Jenna! Ovenbird looks like a fun spot to graze and is our favorite way to dine, sampling small bites.♥

16. Your macpumpkins look so pretty. Love them on tiered stand and plates. They make quite the statement. I have always admired your artistic talents. Thank you Jenna for sharing at “Love Your Creativity.”

17. What a beautiful plethora of pumpkins! The MacKenzie pumpkins seem quite popular, and you did a very nice knock-off! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About!

18. Veronica Lee says:

Those pumpkins are super cute!

Happy Tuesday!

19. amberlyonferguson2017 says:

Your pumpkin-palooza is a super colorful and festive fall display of fun! You have so many interesting pumpkins. I can never get enough! Thanks for sharing at All About Home and TFT!

20. Lafayne says:

Love your pumpkin decorating ideas!

21. Karen says:

Your macpumpkins are so cute and you are so talented…I love all your ideas. Your meal at the restaurant must have been great as the menu sounds good.

22. like Sara...but with a d says:

Those pumpkins look great, but I really appreciate your nibbles 🙂