Gifts from the Kitchen, Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bread

August 8 is National Sneak Zucchini on your Neighbor’s Porch Day,

so if you love your neighbor,

gift them with a loaf of this moist and cheesy zucchini bread instead!

Or

If you are the lucky neighbor recipient you can make this for yourself!

It’s so moist and cheesy

Tell picky eaters that the green things are sort of like sprinkles,

added just to make it pretty!

It’s great toasted for breakfast too~

Let me show you how easy it is to whip up

Grate the zucchini first and spread it out on paper towels

so they can soak up the moisture

The batter is a standard mix of dry and wet ingredients mixed separately

and then combined

adding cheese and zucchini to the final mix

Place the batter into a well greased 9″ x 5″ loaf pan

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, testing near the end

Ovens and pans vary widely,

so check baked goods often with a skewer near the end of baking times

Cool in pan on wire rack and then turn out onto a cutting board

Slice and serve

It’s so moist it doesn’t even need butter

This recipe is adapted from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs

Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bread

• Servings: 10-12 slices

1 medium zucchini, grated

2 cups flour

2 Tablespoons sugar

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup buttermilk

1 egg

1/4 cup melted butter

1 cup, 4 oz. extra sharp cheddar, grated

2 green onion tops, sliced

Grate zucchini with a cheese grater. Place grated zucchini on paper towels to drain while you prepare the batter.

Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.  In another bowl whisk egg and then add buttermilk and melted butter.  Add wet mixture to dry, stirring to just combine.

Squeeze zucchini with paper towels to remove excess moisture and add it to batter along with grated cheese.  Stir batter until just combined.  Do not overmix or bread will be rubbery.

Place batter into a well greased 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when tested.  Cool on rack in pan.  Turn out onto a cutting board and slice into 1/2 inch slices.  Serve bread warm

Leftover bread is great for toasting for breakfast

for another printable version click here

Now you’re ready for

National Sneak Zucchini onto your Neighbor’s Porch Day!

🍞🥒🧀🥒

Meal Plan Monday   Love Your Creativity  Over the Moon

Between Naps on the PorchCelebrate Your Story,

All About Home/ Common Ground Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Make it Pretty Monday Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl

Turn About Tuesday  Full Plate Thursday  Centerpiece Wednesday

Thursday Favorite Things  Creatively Crafty   Creative Cumpulsions

Comments
23 Responses to “Gifts from the Kitchen, Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bread”

Another delicious recipe from you just in time to use up all the zucchini. This recipe looks really moist and yummy. We love our bread warm and right out of the oven.

2. Jenna, I have never tried a savory zucchini bread recipe. I have to say this looks delicious, especially toasted for breakfast. Happy Wednesday!

3. Nancy says:

Good Morning Jenna! You told me you were baking Zucchini Bread with cheese. And here it is! Well this will have to be the next one I bake!
    Enjoy your Wednesday my friend!

4. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

YUM! Just printed and pinned this! I made a ton of batches of zucchini bread last summer and have made none this summer! I am slipping! But, this looks so good. Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

• We enjoyed this cheesy version, I hope you do too Cindy!

********************************************************
      Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Please stay safe and healthy. Come party with us at Over The Moon! Catapult your content Over The Moon! @marilyn_lesniak @EclecticRedBarn
      ********************************************************

5. Zucchini will be coming in soon — I’m holding on to this one!

6. I love this recipe Jenna! Brilliant to add cheese to this! Will definitely give it a try.

Sounds yummy Jenna! I don’t think of adding zuke to a savory bread, love your cheesy combo!

8. Sandra Magle says:

Num, this looks absolutely delicious. Great for a treat instead of going to the bakery. It’s all about variety and staying home, now. Hugs, Sandi from TFT

9. Julie says:

This zucchini bread that you made looks so good Jenna. I will have to bake some for our family! Thanks for the recipe.
    Hope you have a nice day and weekend.

10. lghiggins says:

Oh, that looks so good. I’ve probably lived in New Mexico too long, but I think it would also be delicious with some green chile added to give it a little zing. I can almost smell the bread in your pictures!

1. […] click HERE to get the recipe Please click HERE to get the recipe Please click HERE to get the recipe Please click HERE to get the […]