Tablescapes, Summer Fruit

The first local peaches finally hit the stores and I couldn’t wait to get my teeth hands on some!

Good ole Chilton County Alabama peaches

peach thepaintedapron.com

They are worthy of  very special treatment~

watermelon napkings 3 thepaintedapron.com

and a table full of other summer fruit to compliment them

summer fruits table thepaintedapron.com

Cantaloupe, cherries, limes and cherry tomatoes as sweet as candy

all piled on a painted fruit platter with a peachy pitcher

watermelon napkin 2 thepaintedapron.com

with watermelon accessories

fruit table thepaintedapron.com

and “watermelon” napkins tucked into the peach colored goblets

watermelon napkin thepaintedapron.com

It’s a summer fruit explosion!

summer fruit thepaintedapron.com

To make the napkins, just fold pink and green napkins and roll together to form your “watermelon”

napkin fold

roll the ends around and pop it into a glass

watermelon napkin thepaintedapron.com

Now if you want to go a little over the top

watermelon napkin 5 thepaintedapron.com

attach some seeds!

watermelon napkin Collage

Just cut some seed shapes out of something black, felt would be ideal but since there wasn’t any around I painted a piece of paper and used a glue dot to stick them on~just warn your diners to watch out for the seeds!

fruit centerpiece theaintedapron.com

Ain’t life just a bowl of cherries!

peach pie thepaintedapron.com

Not to mention a peachy blueberry pie

granola topped blueberry pie

Topped with granola

peachy blueberry pie thepaintedapron.com

You could eat this for breakfast!

Here’s the recipe:

PEACHY BLUEBERRY PIE with granola topping

for a printable version click here

Pie:
1 pie crust, baked
4-5 fresh peaches, sliced
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg, or freshly grated nutmeg

Mix dry ingredients together and toss with fruit.  Fill pie crust with fruit mixture and top with granola topping.  Bake at 375 for 40 minutes until golden and bubbling.  Put a baking sheet on rack under pie to catch drips just in case.

Granola topping:
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup Quaker Oats
1/3 cup butter, melted

Mix together and crumble and distribute evenly over top of pie

TIP:   Did you know you can easily slide the skin off peaches by dropping them into boiling water for 30-45 seconds?

enjoy!

____________________________________________________

For a tutorial on the chalk painted candlesticks click here

glasses and platter are from JMdesigns

peach pitcher was a gift long ago, artist unknown

ruffled place mats from Pier 1

___________________________________________________

I’m joining;

Between Naps on the Porch

Comments
23 Responses to “Tablescapes, Summer Fruit”
  1. The watermelon napkin fold, very cute! Happy Independence Day to you and your family.

Jenna~ I have the blueberries, I feel the need to make a mad dash to the store for peaches for your Peachy Blueberry Pie for breakfast! Love all the fruit-filled and colorful fun at your table and your watermelon napkins! Wishing you a Happy (and dry 🙂 Independence Day!

3. How adorable! I love your fruity tablescape and such clever napkins.

4. Tea in Texas says:

Love the fruit theme tablescape. The napkin with the look of a watermellon is great fun. Have a fun 4th. Pam

5. Linda says:

Ah peaches, I love them and we are actually getting some pretty good ones here . I think they are from South Carolina and are much tastier than California peaches. Like you, I made a blueberry/peach cobbler this week. Topping is much like yours and I added crushed ginger cookies to it. Have a great day!

6. Debbie says:

I just love this one from one end to the other! I love the bright, happy colors, and I really love the watermelon napkin fold. I’m about to set my kitchen with its watermelon table, and I want to try that for the napkins this year. Usually, I just sort of shoosh them into the napkin ring.

Very, very pretty!

7. Wow, all the stunning colors and detail is just wonderful. and the watermelon napkins….genius! Good job 🙂

8. Shawna says:

First of all what a beautiful table. Great ideas and love the different heights you have going on. Then top it off with that Peachy Blueberry Pie! Wow, I want to come over! Thank you for sharing it on our BBQ Block Party

9. Nici says:

Love this fun tablescape! The peachy blueberry pie is gorgeous and looks absolutely delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!

10. Wow I’m blown away by the fun table setting! LOVE the colors, the whole thing makes me very happy and to top it all of the pie looks delectable! Thank You so much for sharing! I’m also excited to see all the fruit in season!…the melons where a little expensive here in my area but I will wait for them to come down in price and start using them in recipes! I came over to visit you from the Clean and Scentsible party,
    Lizy@http://www.cleanandscentsible.com/2013/07/the-inspiration-exchange-no-7.html

11. Kim Hood says:

OK, let’s just get one thing straight. I love ALL your tablescapes. But, this one is probably my favorite! I love the colors, the fun napkins, the polka-dots, the ruffled place mats…I could go on and on. Oh, and the food…you probably need some help eating all that, so I’ll join you and give you a hand. 😉
    Blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen

12. What a festive and colorful table. Perfect for the season. And that spread really made me hungry. That pie recipe is going on my to-make list. Pinning it. And I just adore those watermelon napkins. Pinning that idea, too.

Thanks for linking up to Home{work} Wednesday. I hope you’ll link up this week, too.

13. Just lovely, a rainbow sherbet delight! So clever,that watermelon napkin!

14. Bev says:

Looks both beautiful and delicious! Lovely…

15. This is a very good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
    Simple but very precise info… Many thanks for sharing this one.
    A must read post!

16. Such a fun table, and the watermelon napkin fold, adorable!

• I love how colorful and fruity this table is! The watermelon napkin is so cute and I love it in the peach colored glass. I didn’t know about the trick with the peaches. I’ll have to remember that. This recipe sounds good!

17. Bev says:

Love this bright, colorful table. But most of all, I LOVE Chilton County peaches…Score!

18. Candy S says:

I love your painted watermelon glasses and the polka dot plates for this perfectly marvelous “fruity” summer tablescape. We don’t have any peaches yet in Ohio…. I’m jealous. I want some peaches too, real peaches, grown in the USA peaches, Alabama peaches would be perfect.