Take-out Tuesday, Corn & Spinach Queso

Happy Accident? Sorta, but I really thought this would be good.

It was one of those, Uh Oh! I was supposed to make an appetizer, situations… What with entertaining witches and goblins and Halloween ghosts~it just slipped my mind… I needed something fast~

And it simply could not be easier!

I’m almost embarrassed to share this with you

But, it’s so good it could be soup

Really.  The hardest part is opening the cans.  If you don’t have a mini crockpot, just put it in a dish for the oven or microwave. You can’t mess this up.  Heat and eat!  You don’t even have to season it, it’s good to go~

AND it’s loaded with veggies!

Health food!

Betcha want some!  Don’t double dip!

Do you have one of these mini crock pots? They are perfect for hot dips.  I picked mine up at the grocery store one day for about $12.  I know they are widely available, Target, Wal-Mart, BBB.  You just toss everything in, turn it on and stir it after about 1 hour or so and keep heating until its hot enough to serve.  Or take it to a party and plug her in!

Here’s the recipe:

CORN & SPINACH QUESO DIP   for a printable version click here

1  small can yellow sweet corn, any size from 8-12 oz.

1 regular size can Rotel Tomatoes with green chiles [I use mild because I’m a wimp]

1 frozen box Stouffer’s Creamed Spinach

6-8 oz regular Velvetta cheese

Chop cheese into large cubes.  Spray baking dish or mini slow cooker with olive oil cooking spray.  Add all ingredients.  Bake at 325 for 20 minutes in the oven, then stir and continue to bake until hot.  OR~ place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook for 1 hour, stir, and continue to heat until hot enough to serve, another 30 minutes or so.

Serve dip with scoop style chips to catch all the drips!  Serves 8

This is the easiest thing I have ever made, I hope you’ll try it sometime,

but  shhh….mum’s the word, let’s keep this our little secret and act like you slaved over it!

__________________________________

The veggie platter is from JMdesigns

__________________________________

I will be joining parties on these fabulous blogs~

Memories by the Mile

Love Bakes Good Cakes

Clean and Sensible

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Easy Life

Rattlebridge Farm

Posed Perfection

The Tablescaper

Comments
11 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Corn & Spinach Queso”
  1. Sounds like a very tasty dip, I love Rotel! Also love the reminder not to double dip:@)

2. I can make this 🙂 Looks yummy! Pinned to save it 🙂

3. Kim says:

Any dip with corn is sure to be a favorite around my house. Thanks for sharing your easy and sure-to-be-yummy recipe!
    ❤ Kim

4. Liz Mackie says:

Thank you for the nice recipe. Have a great day!

>________________________________ > From: the Painted Apron >To: lizzm@att.net >Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:04 AM >Subject: [New post] Take-out Tuesday, Corn & Spinach Queso > > > WordPress.com >the Painted Apron posted: “Happy Accident? Sorta, but I really thought this would be good. It was one of those, Uh Oh! I was supposed to make an appetizer, situations… What with entertaining witches and goblins and Halloween ghosts~it just slipped my mind… I needed something” >

5. lulu says:

I love this variation to the traditional chili con queso, and you can bet this I will make, probably tomorrow night when friends are coming for Mexican food.

Oh this sounds so good Jenna! I have a bag of fire roasted corn from Trader Joe’s in the freezer! I need one of those mini slow cookers 🙂

7. Maria says:

Yum! Looks delicious!

8. This sounds delicious!

It’s a treat to have you at Seasonal Sundays!

– The Tablescaper

I just love the flavors in this dish, it looks awesome! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!