Creations, Painted Chargers

I saw some painted chargers over at Scribbler Unfocused and remembered this had been on my to do list for a while…Ellen inspired me, and I just couldn’t wait to get going on this project~

silver and white chargers thepaintedapron.com

I knew that I wanted to do a set of 4 with a different pattern on each

silver and white painted charger thepaintedapron.com

I started with a square tip brush and did an X pattern

A lazy susan is invaluable for projects like this, you gently spin it around instead of having to move your piece…you can get into a rhythm this way which is great for painting a repeating pattern

When you get almost all the way around, assess the remaining space~ it looked like I had room for about 3 more.  I painted the middle one next, that way I could make the remaining two Xs fit the remaining spaces.

silver and white chargers thepaintedapron.com

Next I decided to put a checked border on all 4 plates so I did that while I had the square paintbrush out

Having the same edge on all four chargers unites the set and makes the different patterns work together

Next came some swirls

wavy stripes

and polka dots

polka dot charger thepaintedapron.com

I’m not sure how I am going to use these yet…… I love the way they turned out~

X patterned charger thepaintedapron.com

But I do have an idea or three~ 😉

white swirl charger thepaintedapron..com

So stayed tuned!

Be sure to visit Ellen at Scribbler Unfocused to see her other painted projects, paintings, and to get the how-to for her knock out Patriotic Flag chargers!

I bought the silver chargers at Old Time Pottery for $1.99 each

________________________________________

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs;

Uncommon Designs

Savvy Southern Style

Work it Wednesday

Posed Perfection

Glitter Glue and Paint

Crafts a la mode

Twirl and Take a Bow

Comments
19 Responses to “Creations, Painted Chargers”

Fun Jenna! Love those swirls combined with wavy stripes & dots! Those patriotic chargers make my heart beat red, white & blue 🙂

2. Emily says:

What clever designs, so delightful Jenna. I love this idea if I only know how to hold a paint brush! I’m sure a lovely table setting is planned soon.
    Have a great weekend. Hope you figured out to spend several more weeks at the beach house!

Emily

3. You know I love these! Now we need to see what you dream up for a table setting. Thanks so much for the shout-out about my little chargers. When I do some more, I might try a different sealer than shellac. It made them very shiny, so if anyone has any good ideas, I am all ears.

4. fairhopesupplyco says:

If you are hanging out with Ellen, you’ll be busy for a long time! That woman has some great ideas and projects going on!
    Your chargers are fabulous!

5. You and Ellen both are so good with a paint brush! These look great, and i like the tip on the “X”.

6. Happier Than A Pig In Mud says:

They turned out cute! I see a Halloween tablescape:@)

7. These are great Jenna! I think I have some metallic/plastic chargers in varying colors around here someplace. Should try this.

8. They look great. You could sell them to us non artists. Can’t wait to see how you use them.

9. bj says:

I love these…they are all so pretty.

10. Jacqueline says:

What a fun and easy project and it totally transforms the chargers! I can’t wait to see your table either.

11. Christine says:

Hi Jenna, I must have missed this post….what a fun project….totally adorbs!!!! uh and yes you need to get a moo moo cow rug too! lol Christine from Little Brags

12. Jennifer says:

This is great. You are so talented.

13. Kim says:

I love these, Jenna! That’s brilliant how you finished the X pattern. You taught me a valuable trick! If I had to choose a favorite pattern, I don’t think I could do it. They are all so beautiful, Jenna, oh talented one!

14. What a fun project! I’d love for you to share them at my Twirl & Take a Bow Linky Party. http://www.houseontheway.com/twirl-take-bow-party-103/
    Hope you can stop by!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

15. Now aren’t you smart? yes
    I might try this with black paint sometime on my silver chargers

16. Thank you so much for sharing your chargers at the Twirl & Take a Bow Party! Too cute! Have a great week.