Tablescapes, A Portable Picnic for Two

Everything you need for a picnic for two

picnic thepaintedapron.com

Right in a handy tote! This is just an old fashioned bottle carrier~

lazy afternoon thepaintedapron.com

Italian sub sandwiches, and a bucket of cherries

picnic for 2 thepaintedapron.com

A bottle of wine for sipping

picnic tote thepaintedapron.com

and plastic glasses tied on the sides

lazy afternoon thepaintedapron.com

The sandwiches are wrapped in parchment then a large striped “lapkin,” a large napkin πŸ™‚

green beans thepaintedapron.com

There are lettuce leaves to tuck in your sandwich and roasted green beans for veggie nibbling

picnic sandwich thepaintedapron.com

Sweet waffle cones are full of chocolate mini cookies

portable picnic thepaintedapron.com

Don’t forget the corkscrew!

portable picnic 2 thepaintedapron.com

You can tote this picnic anywhere

And there’s nothing to clean up!

pack a picnic thepaintedapron.com

Except these little galvanized cups!

picnic cups thepaintedapron.com

Sometimes the simplest things are the most fun~

photo

Memories by the Mile

The Style Sisters

Savvy Southern Style

Work it Wednesday

It’s Overflowing

Uncommon Designs

Comments
25 Responses to “Tablescapes, A Portable Picnic for Two”

Lots of picnic love from me Jenna! β™₯ I heart the sandwiches tied in a lapkin and the waffle cones of mini cookies πŸ™‚

2. Marcia Pilar says:

LOVE this simple idea.

3. fairhopesupplyco says:

I love a good picnic, and this is beautiful!

4. Absolutely love this idea, Jenna!

About my banner pic…I just took a regular photo of elderberry blooms. I used Photoscape to edit, using the water painting option.

5. Little Jenna…this is the neatest, coolest, most fabulous idea!!! I LOVE this! I can’t think of enough adjectives to describe just how terrific this is! This is the picnic of all picnics!!! It’s in such a chic and portable non-“basket” which is just super, super creative. And everything looks so incredibly appetizing! The lettuce is just beautiful, and the Rainier cherries make me want to splurge on some. Putting the pickle on the outside of the parchment paper as a decorative detail is pure genius!!! You KNOW I have pinned this bad boy!!!

Now the bad news: Looking at that sandwich has made me exceptionally ravenous. This was supposed to be my strictly fruit & veggie day, but I’m about to throw that straight up out the window!!! Hoagie it is for lunch!!! πŸ™‚

P.S.- I’m going to go back and amend my picnic post from last week to include a link to this post to offer my readers another take on a fun and fabulous picnic!!!!!!

• Well bless your little sweet heart! thanks so much, this is high praise coming from you my dear! Sorry about the diet buster, and I certainly appreciate you noticing all the little details~thanks so much for the link and shout out~

6. laurie says:

Jenna, this presentation is so cute! I love your bottle carrier, and the way you perked everything up with napkins etc. I love the use of waffle cones for the cookies (except that I would probably eat the cone first!). laurie

7. Happier Than A Pig In Mud says:

Lovin’ the name lapkin! Looks like a fun picnic lunch and by all means… DO NOT forget the corkscrew:@)

8. Such a cute plethora of ideas! I never do picnics any more — I should try again.

I enjoyed lunch today! Have fun at the beach.

9. Marigene says:

What a delightful picnic surprise…my mouth is watering looking at that awesome looking sub sandwich!

10. Your basket looks so delightful! I love your menu and it is all looks just perfect. It makes me happy to just look at all your nice photos. πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing. Pinning!

11. Susan says:

I LOVE it!!! I have a bottle carrier just like yours and will definitely use this idea for our next patio picnic!! Thanks for sharing!!

12. What a fun idea! I bet my husb would be pretty impressed if I did this πŸ™‚

13. Kim says:

What an awesome picnic! Love the lapkin, but the food is beautifully presented and fresh. I love this idea, Jenna! I hope my HH doesn’t see this, or he’ll want the same treatment. πŸ˜‰

14. So many great ideas, I love the creativity and I’m inspired to look at things in a new way. Also, your August Paint Bucket, has motivated me to go through all those recipes that I have torn out of magazines and create a monthly list of a few new dishes to try. And then do it! Thanks

15. Linda says:

Sending along ot my son who lives in an expensive city for a “date” idea. He is a master sandwich maker! Have a good day!

16. Sandra Garth says:

I’ll remember this one for a very long time. It is perfect!

17. I love this idea. I have been on the hunt for a good picnic basket.Thank you for the inspiration. I would like to invite you to join in on my blog hop if you have the chance. Have a great day.

1. […] cool picnic idea, pop over to my blog buddy Jenna’s site, The Painted Apron, to check out her “Portable Picnic for 2″ post. I guarantee you’ll really like it! SO […]