Recipe Box, Summer Picnic Ideas

With Memorial Day on the horizon and warmer weather arriving, doesn’t it put you in the mood for a picnic?

Grab your basket and load it up with portable yummies

Sure you can fill it with chips and a jar of pickles, but something homemade will make it special

Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad is pesto based and can hold at room temperature for several hours

Pack it in individual jars with a ribbon and a plastic fork

Italiano Morsi, mini sandwiches on a stick, are room temperature safe and easy to eat, and you can make them with or without the bread

Instead of fried chicken, opt for Picnic Chicken, chicken tender pieces that are coated in potato chips and baked

Derby Day Biscuits, temperature friendly, are filled with ham & jam and whip up quickly with purchased small rolls

For dessert, pack some Strawberry Pie Sticks

And some White Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies

And don’t forget the fruit!   Summer fruits really don’t need enhancing, but you can drizzle it with Coconut Syrup and sprinkle it with coconut like in this Pina Colada Fruit Salad

Put it in a plastic container and snuggle it with a frozen ice pack in your basket

Don’t have a picnic basket?  Improvise!

This portable Picnic for 2 is packed in an old fashioned bottle carrier

Sub sandwiches, fresh fruit and cones of sweet nibbles, with a bottle of wine and plastic glasses tied to the sides

Whether you’re going to the park or the patio, this picnic can go anywhere

Stay at home picnics are just as much fun, simply set an outdoor table with colorful mats and fresh flowers in jars

Summer Seaside Picnic

If the weather isn’t cooperating, stage a picnic indoors

Art in the Park

With a loaded tier full of deli treats

It’s time for a Picnic!

pink picnic

Watch out for pesky ants!

🐜   🐜   🐜

The featured image of Smokey Chipotle Pasta Salad and the Lazy Lemon Pie Jars pictured with picnic basket, are other great options, but they will need to be packed in a cooler

🐜    🐜   🐜   🐜   🐜

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
21 Responses to “Recipe Box, Summer Picnic Ideas”
  1. Oh Jenna, I love a picnic! All of your easy make-ahead and safe outdoor treats look perfect! I love the idea of packing a bottle carrier for an outdoor feast! Ella Mae and I have been picnicking on the patio and she loves it. Happy Thursday!

What a fun picnic…count me in, hee hee!

Oh my gosh, so many great recipes! I’ve printed out the crispy potato chip chicken, the smokey chipotle pasta salad and the slow cooker berry cobbler, and couldn’t leave out the Lazy Lemon Pie! Haha. Great recipes for summer and our upcoming cabin visit. Thanks Jena! 😊

We lost our spring weather, nothing but rain… I’m ready for sunshine and a picnic:@)

I want to go on a picnic now!!

6. I love it when salads are packed in individual jars for picnics. You have so many great ideas for picnics on this one post, Jenna! I love it!

You know I love picnic Jenna and my caddy is a favorite toting accessory! Thanks for the delicious round up!

8. Karen says:

We used to eat outdoors often at our cottage in Maine. You have inspired me with your fantastic picnic ideas. BTW, I’m happy that I’m able to get on your blog again and comment. Don’t know what happened but glad to be back.

9. Linda says:

Looks so good Jenna. What a lovely idea. I would love to picnic on these yummy foods.

10. What a truly inspirational post! So many cute ideas here, and beautifully presented. I’m definitely going to try the vegetable salad, and those darling little Italian mini sandwiches on a stick. Yummy!

This is a great collection of Summer Picnic Ideas! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!

12. The lemon pie jars are terrific! The corn salad is one I will make very soon. You want to go for a picnic right away. Great photos. 💖

13. BLOG TIP: You may want to put the main menu “Recipes”. Add a drop down menu for the different types of recipes…less cluttered on top.💖