Gifts from the Kitchen, Sunshine & Lazy Lemon Pie

Last week we had 3 days of torrential rain on the coast so Iย  created some sunshine inside with daisies, lemons

daisies and lemons

and jars of lemon pieย  ๐Ÿ‹

lemon pie gifts thepaintedapron.com

I saw jars of lemon pie over at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage and thought they looked like wonderful treats

sunny lemons

Some good friends just treated me to a special dinner, and I wanted to make these to give them for a thank you treat

lazy lemon pie thepaintedapron.com

But then I got lazzzyย ย  ๐Ÿ˜ดย ย  and some life happened,ย  and I sent a card instead…

lemon water

And then I finally had a chance to make them

lemon pie jars

I made a very simple version, Lazy Lemon Pie

Crumble cookies into a jar, top with lemon curd, fill with Cool Whip and sprinkle with lemon zest

lazy lemon pie collage

I set a sunny little table for 2 so I wouldn’t look so lazyย  we could enjoy our pie in style

sunny lemon table thepaintedapron.com

You’d never even know it was raining ๐Ÿ’ฆ

sunny lemon table

Wouldn’t these pies be great on a picnic too?

picnic lemon pie thepaintedapron.com

Lazy Lemon Pie

• Servings: 6

6 small jars, about 8 oz. or 1 cup each

1 jar, 10 oz. lemon curd

1 package Pepperidge Farm Chessmen or shortbread cookies

1 container, 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed

1 T fresh lemon zest per serving

Crumble 2-3 cookies into each jar.ย  Top with 2-3 T lemon curd. Fill jars the rest of the way with Cool Whip.ย  Sprinkle with zest.ย  Put lids on jars and refrigerate up to 1 week.

Decorate jar lids with cupcake papers and ribbons for an extra touch and sit jars in a fancy cupcake paper for serving

Variation:

Make this in a regular pie dish or baking dish if desired

lazy lemon pie collage

portable lemon pies thepaintedapron.com

Pop over to Miz Helen’s every Thursday for her delicious weekly party and see her recipe for No Bake Lemon Pie Jars here

This is a 5 Minute Prep recipe and you can find another printable version here

lazy lemon pie thepaintedapron.com

Juicy details

Picnic Basket/makeover tutorial here

Painting Lemons/painting tutorial here

Psst!ย ย  Don’t used canned whipped cream unless serving immediately!

I tried these with canned whipped cream and whole Sandies cookies, spreading the curd on the cookies and layering them in the jar…the cream deflated after a few hours and the cookies never softened at all.ย  The canned whipped cream will work if you serve this immediately and crumble the cookies well

lemon pie jars

๐Ÿ‹ ๐Ÿ‹ ๐Ÿ‹ ๐Ÿ‹ ๐Ÿ‹ ๐Ÿ‹ ๐Ÿ‹

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and Decorate,ย  Rustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J,ย  The Scoop,ย ย  A Stroll Thru Lifeย ย ย  Inspire Me Monday

Tickle My Tastebuds,ย  Wow Us Wednesday

Full Plate Thursday,ย  Work it Wednesday

Poofing the Pillows,ย  Creatively Crafty

Comments
18 Responses to “Gifts from the Kitchen, Sunshine & Lazy Lemon Pie”

YOU are sunshine to the world Jenna! โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ’›

2. Lovin’ the perky daises and cute ribbon around the jar lids:@)

3. Hi Jenna, We have lately had alternating extreme humidity and terrific thunderstorms with downpours. I would love a bit of cool sunshine like this dessert! So easy too — perfect for me! Hope you have a sunny day! Linda

4. Emily says:

Everything about this post screams my name Jenna, I love any and everything with lemons and limes! Summer sweet is how I describe your table, gorgeous flowers and colors. What a great and easy recipe for the treats in a jar, beach and picnic perfect…………….

5. What a great idea for a picnic basket! I’m in! ๐Ÿ‹

6. Anonymous says:

Lemons, limes and all of this joyous color too!
    Love it all and we so are happy that you joined us at TOHOT!
    Jemma

7. Jenna, since I love lemon anything, I know I would love this! Such a cute idea for hostess gifts! Wish I could get just a little rain!

Your pie in the jar is perfect for the lazy days of summer Jenna! I love lemon curd and could happily dunk cookies in it. I had to chuckle that you sent a card instead…better late than never ๐Ÿ™‚ We had a nice break in the weather a couple of weeks ago with some much needed rain.

9. LydiaF1963 says:

I will always reach for a lemon dessert over anything else. Thanks for sharing at Creatively Crafty!

10. Kim says:

Oh, my goodness, this looks so good! Presentation is everything, they say, and the canning jars gets me every time! ๐Ÿ™‚

11. JESS44903 says:

These look so cute and sound so amazing! ๐Ÿ™‚

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

I have a jar of homemade lemon curd in my fridge that a friend just gave me. Thanks for the inspiration!

13. Julie says:

Hello Jenna, I love this dessert and perfect for serving any time of the year.
    Thanks for sharing this recipe with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

14. Helen Adams says:

Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Enjoy your weekend and your new Red Plate!
    Come Back Soon!

1. […] featured image of Smokey Chipotle Pasta Salad and the Lazy Lemon Pie Jars pictured with picnic basket, are other great options, but they will need to be packed in a […]