Take-out Tuesday, No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake Jars

Celebrate the official beginning of summer with these

no bake, fill, chill and serve

key lime cheesecakes in a jar!

Perfect for parties  🎉, picnics  🍉, boat rides  ⛵️ and outdoor BBQs  🍔

Portable and ready to serve!

Have you seen this ready to eat cheesecake filling by Philadelphia?

It makes cheesecake happen instantly!  💃

In my area it’s only available at Walmart, but you can check store availability here

I buy Stonewall Kitchen products, like the Key Lime Curd, at Piggly Wiggly and Fresh Market

Ok, quit laughing if you’re not familiar with Piggly Wiggly or “the Pig,” as it is affectionately known… it’s a Southern grocery chain, with now a few stores in the midwest too.  They support local chefs and stock local and specialty items as well as everyday staples.  See sources at the end of the post

Sugar cookies, fresh from the deli, make a delightful instant crust

Put cookies in the bottom of the jar, top with a layer of cheesecake filling, then key lime curd, and finish with a layer of cool whip

Zest lime and sprinkle over the top

Decorate the jars with cupcake papers under the lid and ribbons or string

Key Lime Cheesecake Jars

• Servings: 10
  • Time: 15 minutes

1 tub, 24.3 oz., Philadelphia Ready to Eat Cheesecake Filling, or defrosted frozen cheesecake*

11 oz. jar Key Lime Curd

16-20 sugar cookies

1 tub, 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed

1 lime

10  8 oz. jars

Break 1-2 cookies into pieces and press into the bottom of  jars.  Top with a layer of cheesecake, then a layer of key lime curd.  Finish with a layer of Cool Whip**.  Zest lime and sprinkle zest on top.  Seal jars and refrigerate for up to 10 days

* you will probably have some cheesecake filling leftover so it save for another time, or spread it between cookies for a cheesecake sandwich, or simply eat it with a spoon.

**Real whipped cream will deflate over time so it’s best to use Cool Whip if you aren’t serving these immediately

Notes:

Substitute graham cracker crumbs or any kind of cookie for the bottom layer

Real whipped cream will deflate over time so it’s best to use Cool Whip if you’re making these in advance

Key Lime Curd is  available online here or use any ready to eat pie filling, sliced fresh fruit or jam

Philadelphia Cheesecake filling is ready to eat, no prep required, check stores carrying it by zip code here

Substitute defrosted frozen cheesecake for the bottom layer if desired

Piggly Wiggly has stores in 17 states, see the list here

No baking just Fill, Chill, Serve!

for another printable version of Key Lime Cheesecake Jars click here

This recipe is very similar to Lazy Lemon Pie here

Sun Sand Salt Summer Sign tutorial here

Enjoy!

🍋   🌴   ☀️  🍋   🌴   ☀️

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch,

Glorious Gardens,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Lori’s Culinary Creations,  Delicious Dishes Recipe Party     Moonlight and Mason Jars

Full Plate Thursday  Foodie Friday & Everything Else

Share it One More Time     Foodie Friends Friday

Comments
23 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake Jars”

Adorable, delicious and portable Jenna! I love food and especially dessert in a jar and these lime curd cheesecakes are perfect for summer! I haven’t seen the Philly cheesecake filling, I’ll have to see if I can find it, thanks for the link 🙂

How fun are these?! How long would you say they keep for Jenna? How far ahead could you make? Worried the cookies might get too mushy??

3. Easy-peasy, looks delishy! Haven’t seen that cheesecake filling, but yes, we have a Pig in our ‘hood. I’ll have to see if ours carries SJ curd. 🙂

4. I haven’t been to a Piggly Wiggly in ages! But I do know where to get the Stonewall Lime curd here. Do love Key Lime — this looks fun, refreshing and easy! Picnicable!

5. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

I’m in the Piggly Wiggly almost every day! I love the special touch you added with the zest on the top. It makes it so pretty! I’ll look for this next time I’m in the Pig (later today!).

6. Jenna, we have a Piggly Wiggly near us, and yes we call it “the pig”! These are the cutest desserts in a jar, I have to copy your cute idea,…I can see many variations, but I do love key lime! I must go to Wal-Mart to see about the Philly cheesecake filling, this is new to me! I love your quick and easy desserts..they are perfect!

Hey, Jenna,–just discovered your site and am an instant fan. You are my neighbor in a way as I am a Georgia Gal–just next door. But I’ve done time In Alabama–was there 3 months before my daughter was born in B’ham. And, my first husband was at Auburn, so I still know all the words to the War Eagle fight song, and attended many a game and fraternity dance.
    You are most talented and I have loved lingering over many of your projects, recipes and just generally getting to know you. Will be a constant visitor–take care, girl, and keep crafting, we need a muse like you.

8. chrisscheuer415 says:

So cute, easy and yummy. I hadn’t seen the cheesecake filling yet. What a wonderful idea for dessert on the run!

Jenna, what a wonderful idea, love the jars with these delectable desserts, pretty presentataion anywhere! Key lime, cheese cake just go with summer. Love the artsy photos……….

10. I haven’t seen the cheesecake filling so I will look for it.
    I grew up with Piggly Wiggly’s and we have one in our town! Love this cute and easy idea. Thanks for all the info to make these.

I just pinned your awesome Lime Cheesecake Jars, they look fantastic. I remember we had a Piggly Wiggly in my hometown when I was growing up, they were a great store. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!

12. I know you posted this days ago, but I’m behind on my blog reading. I’ve been anxious to see this recipe ever since I saw your Instagram post about it. Oh my, I think I’m going to need to make something like this sometime this summer. It looks so easy and so yummy too! Thank you!

13. Julie says:

Hello Jenna, oh wow these sound really good and I like how easy they are to make!
    Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
    Have a great week.
    Julie xo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )