Recipe Box, Beach Bum Butter Rum Cupcakes

Eating these cupcakes is like taking a vacation~

sandy beach cupcakes 2 thepaintedapron.com

Butter pecan cakes full of butterscotch chips and flavored with coconut rumย ย  ๐Ÿ˜‹

beach bum cupcakes thepaintedapron.com

Topped with an umbrella, these will take you straight to a sandy beachย  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

These are a sea breeze to make,ย  mix Butter Pecan Cake Mix, instant butterscotch pudding, a stick of melted butter, butterscotch chips,ย  eggs, and a little coconut rum*ย  to keep things on Island Timeย  ๐ŸŒด

*if you don’t want to use coconut rum, substitute water {or regular rum}ย  flavored with 1 T coconut extract.ย  Don’t worry, the alcohol bakes off during cooking

After mixing the batter, stir in the butterscotch chips

Spoon into lined or sprayed mini muffin tins

Bake 10-12 minutes or until just done

Make the buttercream icing with either milk or cream and a little almond extract

Frost the cool cupcakes and sprinkle with brown sugar…this is the sandy beachย  ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒŠย  โ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒด

butter rum cupcakes thepaintedapron.com

Now top them with a colorful umbrella

summer fun cupcakes thepaintedapron.com

Can’t you feel the sand between your toes?

beach bum butter run cupcakes thepaintedapron.com

Beach Bum Butter Rum Cupcakes

• Servings: 4 1/2 dozen mini cupcakes

1 box Butter Pecan Cake mix

3/4 cup Coconut Rum

4 large eggs

1 stick, 1/2 cup, unsalted butter, melted

1 pkg. instant butterscotch pudding

1 cup butterscotch chips

Combine dry cake mix with pudding mix and butter.ย  Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well.ย  Add rum, mix and then stir in butterscotch chips.ย  Line or spray mini muffin pans and fill 2/3 with batter.ย  Bake until just done, 10-12 minutes. Remove after cooling several minutes and let cool completely before icing

Almond Buttercream Icing

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

1 box, about 4 cups, confectioner’s sugar

2 tsp almond extract

3-4 T cream or milk

brown sugar for garnishing

Combine ingredients and beat until desired consistency.ย  Makes enough icing for 4 1/2 dozen cupcakes

This recipe will make 2 dozen regular cupcakes if preferred.ย  Increase baking time, and bake until just done.

beach bum cupcakes thepaintedapron.com

beach bum butter run cupcakes 2 thepaintedapron.com

beach bum 1 thepaintedapron.com

Enjoy!

for another printable version of Beach Bum Butter Rum Cupcakes click here

Juicy Details

ruffle edge cake stand/McKenzie-Childs

beach umbrella platter, palm tree cake dome/JMdesigns

You might also like Hot Buttered Rum Roll Cake here

hot buttered rum apple bundt thepaintedapron.com

Butter Pecan Mini Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream, made with things you probably have in your pantry

Remember these for great fall treats too~

___________________________________________________

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar and

Between Naps on the Porch

The Scoop

Karen’s Up on the Hill

Memories by the Mile

Crafty Staci

Comments
20 Responses to “Recipe Box, Beach Bum Butter Rum Cupcakes”

Sounds good! Lovin’ the great color of your kitchen aid mixer-perfect for the beach house:@)

2. Ellen says:

These cupcakes look mighty tasty! I really love that little plate you have them on with the umbrellas (and I know you painted those, right?). Love those little chubby baby feet in the sand!

3. these are absolutely adorable – and look so delish!! love coconut run, never thought about baking with it!! pinning and sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Colletta says:

Just seeing these makes me want to go to the beach!

5. Julie says:

Oh these cupcakes look fun and easy to make. I love them topped with the pretty umbrellas! Thanks for sharing these at our Cooking & Crafting with J & J!

6. I can’t decide what I want more after reading this, to just eat the cupcakes or go to the beach!

Delicious mini cupcakes Jenna! I love a doctored cake mix for easy baking and the coconut rum would definitely boost the flavor! Love your cute painted umbrella platter too ๐Ÿ™‚

8. JESS44903 says:

What a perfect summer treat! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

9. TwoPlusCute says:

I should really stop reading drool worthy recipes…
    Meh nevermind that, these cupcakes are made of heaven. ๐Ÿ˜€

10. Oh my goodness Jenna…these look sooooo good!! Thank you for sharing them at my Show and Share party. This week they will be featured at the party:) I hate that I missed seeing you at the meeting on Tuesday.

Blessings,
    Linda

Jenna,
    Your Beach Bum Cupcakes are just adorable! I appreciate you sharing this awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and have a great day.
    Come Back Soon!

1. […] to me Monday morning, when checking out the Sunday Brunch linkup: The Painted Apron had these Beach Bum Buttered Rum cupcakes posted and I just had to […]