Tablescapes, Off Duty

Last weekend we were off duty for a couple of days, a rare treat for us

off duty table 12 thepaintedapron.com

No swimmers to watch, no muss and no fuss

lifeguard lantern thepaintedapron.com

No crowds to feed, just a table for 2

off duty table 5 thepaintedapron.com

Relaxing with not much to do

fish dishes

Free as the fishes

off duty 4 thepaintedapron.com

Swimming on the dishes

life is better at the beach glasses thepaintedapron.com

Life is better at the beach

off duty 1

When no children screech!

fish place setting

It was hot, but breezy

sea side dining thepaintedapron.com

Kicking back was so easy!

off duty 3 thepaintedapron.com

In no time at all

Off Duty table thepaintedapron.com

It’s going to be fall

off duty 3 thepaintedapron.com

And we’ll wish the children were there

life guard lantern centerpiece thepaintedapron.com

To watch from the chair…

Juicy Details

fish plates, bowls/Home Goods

placemats/2 different mats layered under each plate stack

chargers, wooden tray, lifeguard chair/Hobby Lobby

lantern/TJMaxx last year

goblets/Anthropologie

Life is Better at the Beach, in the South, on an Island, in Alabama glasses/JMdesigns/ painting tutorial here

south glasses thepaintedapron.com

__________________________________

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and Decorate, It’s Overflowing, Rustic and Refined, Sunday Brunch, USS Crafty

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, Project Inspire, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life, Treasure Box Tuesday

Crafty Staci, Hit Me with your Best ShotTickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Creative Ways, Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea Box, ,  Painted Drawer, Weekend Retreat, Your Turn to Shine

Comments
17 Responses to “Tablescapes, Off Duty”

Aaahhh…I can feel that warm Gulf breeze blowing the fronds of the palm trees now! Glad you were able to enjoy a weekend and table for two Jenna! Love your fish plates with your layers of turquoise and blue 🙂

I’m sure the down time was welcome! Enjoy:@)

3. Pretty table for two, Jenna. I know you enjoyed!

4. Nancy says:

What a beautiful sight! I can feel the calm and peaceful time you enjoyed! Your blues are truly magical along with the water in the background! Great post~

5. Judy Pimperl says:

Off Duty days are nice every once in a while–I’m enjoying one today. Your table for two is magical, as always!
    Judy

6. The blue and white fish dish are gorgeous!!! Your tablesettings are always a treat to see! Glad you were able to unwind and enjoy a few days off duty! ~Rhonda

7. msshe says:

Pretty! Sheila E

8. Ellen says:

You are a poet that don’t know it! “Life is better at the beach when children don’t screech!” Love it!

9. Bev says:

Wonderful table setting…all of the blues are great and love the fish theme! Enjoy your table for 2.

10. Barbara says:

Oh, I love those plates! The blue and white is always good for summer but those fishies are just adorable. I know what you mean about finding those quiet times. They are so nice. What a beautiful setting you have. You must linger over dinner for hours!

11. Ooh I love this! I want everything on this table!! Love that stemware the the pattern on those dishes. I bet it felt good to relax and take your time to do whatever you wanted. What a wonderful place you have there. I enjoy seeing the surrounding views.

12. Kim says:

How nice to have some down-time! I love your fish plates and all your coastal decor. It’s so fun! 🙂

13. lulu says:

We have had nonstop company for several weeks, so these days I welcome those times when there’s just the 2 of us. I know you cherish your time at your get away spot.

14. I am always a sucker for a nautical or coastal tablescape. I especially love the little lifeguard chair tucked inside the little lantern, it is so cute, what a nice touch. Thank you so much for sharing over at Celebrate it Sunday.

15. Thank you so much for sharing at Celebrate it Sunday! I featured this fun tablescape!!!