Gifts from the Kitchen, Wrap it up in a dish towel!

So many of my friends have March birthdays, I have been scrambling trying to come up with special gifts…

cook's prize thepaintedapron.com

Besides Birthdays, do you need a gift for someone you don’t know, someone who has everything, someone who needs pampering or thanking?

gift boxes thepaintedapron.com

My go to present is a personalized gift basket I put together myself, or food, homemade if possible

Baileys cupcakes gift box 2

Sweet baked treats or something in a jar

gift in a jar thepaintedapron.com

Or things from the pantry

gift idea thepaintedapron.com

or something crazy and fun

gift idea thepaintedapron.com

In this case, I went to Trader Joe’s and picked out things that I knew my chocolate, coffee-loving friend would enjoy, along with a few surprises and some “just for funs”

You can anchor your gift with a theme, and a color scheme like this Halloween Treat Basket

Treat basket thepaintedapron.com

Instead of a basket, I wrapped these goodies in two dish towels, and my colors were spring green and orange

A small blooming plant, cookie butter, fancy crackers, coffee cookies, Kind energy bars, green tea mints, an expresso dark chocolate baton, gourmet jelly beans  and a chocolate babka “cake” for the birthday girl

First make a sturdy stack of the items

Then tape everything together in a solid mass with masking tape

tape to secure

Use scotch tape on the bottom of the smaller things to secure them on the top

Fold up the edges of the towels and secure tightly with twine.  Yes, you need 10 hands to do this, so use more tape to keep things in place until the twine is tied

Then cover the twine with a cute ribbon

All set

and ready for delivery!

It’s a surprisingly sturdy little package!

dish towel gift basket

You could also use a piece of heavy cardboard or box lid for a base

kitchen gift basket

You can tuck a card in there too-

Here are some of my favorite places to shop for fun goodies, often at a bargain, Home Goods, World Market, Trader Joe’s, Target, Walmart

I also like Fresh Market, Pier 1 and Whole Foods or Sprouts, but their items are pricier

Happy Gifting!

…………………………………………….

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxGet Your DIY On, Poofing the Pillows

Comments
16 Responses to “Gifts from the Kitchen, Wrap it up in a dish towel!”

Jenna, I miss having a Trader Joe’s nearby and keep hoping they’ll expand our way. Your goodies wrapped in a towel would make any birthday girl happy! Happy Easter week to you and your family. ♥

Very cute, I’m sure your friend was thrilled with her gift:@)

3. Jenna, I love truly personalized gift boxes and your idea of using dishtowels for the packaging is such a good one! I need to put together a hostess gift and I think I’ll do a gift basket now! Linda

Beautiful Jenna! I love Trader Joe’s stuff too 🙂

5. Lisa says:

Fun Fun gift! And who doesn’t love a new tea towel?

6. Emily says:

Such fabulous gifts Jenna. I’m so happy we finally have a TJ’s in B’ham.
    Happy Easter…..

7. Jenna, some fab ideas, this would be a great contribution to Food on Friday: Birthday Food over at Carole’s Chatter. Please do bring it over to join in the Birthday fun. Cheers

8. Laura says:

Not only are your gift ideas wonderful but wrapping them decoratively and in towels reminds me of an earlier time.
    My grandmother was always covering something in a clean kitchen towel.
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us all at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We are so glad you are here!

9. tennisqueen says:

I love this idea! Anymore it costs almost as much to wrap a present as it does to buy the present. Why not do it in style with something pretty and useful? Awesome!

10. Rhonda says:

Great ideas for gifting! I bet your friends love when your gifts full of unique treats come their way! BTW… I LOVE Cookie Butter from TJ’s… to die for! 🙂 ~Rhonda

11. I want to get on your gift list! It is so lovely to receive a gift that so much care and kindness has been put into. You are a dear and thoughtful friend!

12. I love the idea of using towels as the wrap. They are way easier to store than a basket and with Mother’s Day coming up this is a perfect idea. Pinning!

13. JESS44903 says:

Oh wow…such a neat idea!

I would love for you to share this on my FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

14. Danielle says:

This is so clever and I love that the wrapping is a part of the gift! Thank you for sharing at the Celebrate Your Story Link Up Party.