Take-out Tuesday, Sunny Side Up Salad

Have you ever had a breakfast salad?

This is a wonderful meal for warmer temps

On a recent stellar sunny morning, I set the table outside

And indulged in this delightful breakfast salad

bacon and egg salad

A sunny side up egg

breakfast salad

atop a bed of greens and berries

sunny side up salad

Bacon strips and toast points

sunny side up breakfast bowl

Cut into the yolk and it makes a natural dressing for your salad

breakfast salad 1

This was a very good way to start the day  😋

breakfast bowl

I had some cooked bacon strips and a little leftover salad from dinner so it made this salad even easier to throw together.  I added the bacon to the skillet to warm while the egg was cooking

Sunny Side Up Salad

• Servings: 1

2 cups mixed salad greens, such as spinach and crisp romaine

1/4 cup chopped celery

2 T pecan pieces, optional

1/2 cup chopped strawberries and/or blueberries

2 slices crisp cooked bacon

1 thin slice bread, toasted and cut into points, fingers or croutons, optional

vinaigrette, optional

1 egg

Put greens and berries in a shallow sided bowl.  Add celery and pecans or anything else desired for your salad.  Toss lightly with vinaigrette if desired.  Fry or poach egg until whites are firm but yolk is still runny.  Place egg atop salad and garnish with bacon strips and toast points or croutons.

If you want to use a little dressing on the salad, these light, quick and easy vinaigrettes are great on everything

Orange Marmalade Vinaigrette

orange marmalade vinaigrette thepaintedapron.com

Orange Marmalade Vinaigrette

• Servings: 2-4

2 T salad vinegar

5 T olive oil

2 tsp Dijon mustard

3 tsp Orange Marmalade

salt & pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine.  Refrigerate for several hours if possible to blend flavors

M & M {maple & mustard} Dressing

M & M Dressing

• Servings: 1/2 cup

1 Tablespoon (heaping) Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup, I use Michele’s Butter Pecan Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Olive Oil
Salt And Pepper, to taste

In a small jar, mix Dijon, maple syrup, vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Put the lid on the jar and shake well to mix.

Store in refrigerator.  Let dressing sit out before using if necessary to mix after chilling.

for another printable version of Breakfast Salad click here

Waterlogue-2016-04-10-09-25-30

Start your day sunny side up!  😎

……………………………………………..

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, The ScoopA Stroll Thru Life

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxGet Your DIY On, Poofing the Pillows

Comments
16 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Sunny Side Up Salad”
  1. Ooh Jenna, I shouldn’t have read this before breakfast because now I want that crispy bacon!!! I love crispy bacon!! This is a great idea for something different in the morning. Yum~~egg yolk dressing! Linda

2. Rhonda says:

Never had a breakfast salad, but this sure sounds like a winner! 🙂 ~Rhonda

3. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

I’m so happy eggs are good for us again! This is a clever way to get your protein in for a busy day of soaking up the sun!

4. Jenna, I have never had a breakfast salad, but why not? It looks delicious and a creative dea! Happy Tuesday!

5. Jenna, creative idea

6. Liz Mackie says:

Lovely – thank you

7. This looks great Jenna….It so reminds me of when I was a child and we had breakfast for dinner once a week…actually it was one of my favorites!!! The salad dressing sounds wonderful!

The orange dressing sounds right up my alley:@)

9. Emily says:

Bacon, bacon! Yum, perfect for a beach breakfast and oh so pretty! Thanks for sharing Jenna….

10. Karen says:

Now that is the way to celebrate the morning…tasty and lovely.

11. Stacey says:

I have never had this but have no doubt that it would be delicious! Bacon, eggs, strawberries and orange marmalade vinaigrette? Sign me up!

Just wanted to make sure you know that you are a No Reply Blogger…and thank you for your sweet comment about my fairy garden. 🙂

Pinning. Happy Thoughts of Home on Thursday my talented friend.

Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Enjoy your new Red Plate and have a great weekend!

1. […] I do love this Sunny Side Up Breakfast Salad […]

2. […] Sunny Side Up Salad will definitely get your day off to a great start… Bacon & eggs a whole new way! […]