Recipe Box, Real Men Will Eat this Quiche!

Are you doing anything special for Father’s Day?

We had an early celebration last weekend with the 3 generations going on their first red snapper fishing trip

Very successful!

How my dad would have loved seeing this, his son-in-law, grandson and great grandsons…sniffle sniffle…

this brought back one of my favorite memories with my father~

When I was in college I interned at an advertising agency in the building where my Dad worked in downtown Los Angeles.  We commuted to work together, and sometimes he took me to lunch

bacon topped ham and asparagus quiche

The first time I had this culinary delight, we were eating in a swanky LA restaurant.  I ordered the classic Quiche Lorraine on the recommendation of one of the other diners…

bacon, ham and vegetable quiche

I thought it was heaven, incredibly sophisticated, and proceeded to learn how to make it

sausage quiche thepaintedapron.com

To this day, a quiche style dish is one of my favorites. Classic Quiche Lorriane is made with onion, bacon and Gruyère cheese, but the variations are endless and it’s a great thing to make when you have a little of this and a little of that in the fridge

According to the old saying, “Real Men don’t eat quiche,”  but I guarantee you they will eat this one!

This version is loaded with vegetables, corn, asparagus, onion

and HAM AND BACON…double pork!

Once the onion has cooked down add the ham and vegetables

Cook for a few minutes to mingle the flavors

I like to add a layer of flavor by spreading the bottom of the crust with mustard

Then fill ‘er up!

Now add the good stuff, cheese, milk, eggs and top it all with bacon

If the way to a guy’s heart is through his stomach, he will love you for this double pork and vegetable pie!

ham quiche with corn, asparagus and bacon

Manly Quiche

6 slices bacon, cooked

6 oz Manchego cheese, grated

4 eggs

1 cup milk or half and half cream

2 T mustard

pepper

Place onion in skillet and saute in butter and olive oil over medium low heat for 20 minutes.  Meanwhile, microwave corn in husk for 4 minutes per ear.  Cut corn at fat base and remove husks and silk.  Cut kernels from cob.  Wrap washed and trimmed asparagus in clean towel and microwave for 2 minutes.  Cut into 1 inch pieces.

Add ham to skillet and cook for several minutes to brown and render fat.  Add corn and asparagus and cook for 1-2 more minutes

Place crust into deep pie dish or 8 x 8″ square baking dish.  Brush bottom with mustard.  Fill with vegetable ham mixture and mix in cheese.  Top with bacon pieces.

Beat eggs and add milk.  Season with pepper.  Salt isn’t really necessary due to the saltiness of the cheese, ham and bacon.  Pour milk mixture over all.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until custard has set and top is golden.  Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.  Makes 4 large, 6 medium or 8 small servings.

Quiche can be made ahead and refrigerated until baking.  Freeze leftovers for another meal.

* eliminate the crust if preferred and add 1 more egg to the milk custard

bacon topped ham and asparagus quiche

You can see many more varieties of quiche on my Pinterest board Quiche and Savory Pies here

for another printable version of Manly Quiche click here

Are you cooking something special for Fathers Day?

…………………………………………………….

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&JThe Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life    Inspire Me Monday

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate ThursdayWork it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxPoofing the Pillows

Sweet Inspiration

Comments
16 Responses to “Recipe Box, Real Men Will Eat this Quiche!”

Yum! Few men don’t love eggs and bacon and cheese!!!

Awww what sweet memories you’ve shared of your dad, Jenna. My late beloved took our boys red snapper fishing when we vacationed in Florida.
    Your quiche looks fabulous! I first tried quiche when I was a Home Economics student at Ohio State and I remember making appetizers of it for a party that my parents had. The guests loved it!

3. Kim says:

This looks divine. My man loves quiche, too!

4. Cindy says:

Oh my mercy this looks so good. Pinning and printing! Thanks so much for sharing. Visiting from Thoughts of Home today. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

5. Lisa says:

I’ve made Quiche Lorraine but never like this! This sounds absolutely amazing! I’m pinning the recipe!

I love the fishin’ pics Jenna… I waiting for a snapper recipe from you! My hubby’s always loved quiche and double pork definitely makes it a winner 🙂

7. Anonymous says:

Looks like a fun fishing trip and double oink is always a winner in my book:@)

8. Great pics of the fishing trip, I do love me some red snapper! Such a sweet memory of your Dad! I can’t imagine any man not loving your double pork quiche…sounds delish! Blessings to you and Happy Father’s Day to the men in your family! Blessings, Pam

9. This quiche looks amazing…and my hubby does love quiche!….and he is quite the mustard guy too!…Going to make this soon! What a great haul of Red Snapper…my mom’s favorite!….I remember my mom could not wait to see what my dad would come home with after a fishing trip and if it was Red Snapper, it was immediately cleaned and prepared for “sushi”…

10. Sheryl says:

This quiche looks wonderful. The dinner ham is a nice addition to this recipe – and I never would have thought of using mustard in a quiche. The title of this post brings back warm memories of the book.

11. JESS44903 says:

This looks SOOOOO amazing! 🙂

I would love for you to share this with my AMAZING Facebook Group with over 300 Members to share easy craft projects and recipes: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

12. Michelle says:

Sold!
    I saw this on Full Plate Thursday and had to click!
    My daughter and I love quiche but my hubby and son are on the fence!
    So, I’ll give it a try! Love the mustard on the crust!
    Michelle

13. Helen Adams says:

Hi Jenna,
    Those are sure some fine looking Red Snapper, nice catch. Your quiche looks like a perfect dish to make for the fisherman! Have a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!

14. Helen Adams says:

Congratulations Jeenna!
    Your recipe is on the Top Ten List for Full Plate Thursday this week. Thanks so much for sharing with us and have a fabulous weekend!