The Organized Life, Blueberry Shortcake Bread Pudding

This Blueberry Crossiant Puff recipe from Olla-Podrida is on my bucket list this month, all I needed was an excuse to make it

blueberry-shortcake-bread-pudding-1

Our Birthday Celebration weekend was the perfect occasion to have this breakfast or dessert bread pudding on hand to feed hungry faces

I baked it before the family arrived and placed it on the Spooky Buffet for easy access, ready for breakfast, dessert or snacking

dsc_0007

I had some shortcake biscuits from Trader Joe’s in the freezer that I wanted to use, so I substituted them for the croissants in the original recipe

dsc_0008

These dense shortcake biscuits taste like a combination of shortbread and biscuits.  They might not be available year round so feel free to substitute with another type of biscuit, french bread, challah or croissants

dsc_0009

I gave them a drink of melted butter to ensure the dish wouldn’t be dry-this is optional, depending on the type of bread used

dsc_0010

After putting the bread cubes, butter and blueberries in the baking dish, mix the cream cheese with the eggs, milk and sugar and pour overall

blueberry-shortcake-bread-pudding-2

Let sit for at least 1 hour to allow bread to soak up milk mixture, or refrigerate overnight

That’s it!

8 oz low fat cream cheese, softened

2/3 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp almond emulsion or extract

1 1/2 cups milk or half and half {I used part half and half and part 2% milk}

2 eggs

Cube bread, place in a large greased casserole,  and pour butter over bread cubes if using a dense bread.   Toss with blueberries.  Beat cream cheese with eggs, sugar and extracts.  Add milk and beat to combine.  Pour milk mixture over bread cubes.  Let sit 1 hour or refrigerate overnight before baking.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly and set in center.

*challah bread, croissants, biscuits, french bread

blueberry-shortcake-bread-pudding-3

This is easy, delicious and the recipe provides a formula for endless variations

Enjoy!

Thanks Pattie for a new family favorite!  Be sure to visit Olla Podrida and see how she made her  Blueberry Crossiant Puff here   and served it in individual ramekins

for another printable version of Blueberry Shortcake Bread Pudding click here

🍒   🍰   🍓   🍰   🍒   🍰   🍓

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&JThe Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday  Crafty Design-O-Rama

Full Plate ThursdayWork it Wednesday

Poofing the Pillows,  Get Your DIY On,    Your Inspired Design

Share it One More Time

Comments
22 Responses to “The Organized Life, Blueberry Shortcake Bread Pudding”

Jenna, I wish I could help myself to a serving of your blueberry bread pudding this morning! I have a hard time resisting any kind of baked French toast or bread pudding and the cream cheese and blueberries are a favorite combination!

2. Emily says:

I would love a serving of your blueberry pudding to go with my morning coffee i’m enjoying now. We love blueberries here so I will have to make this. Thanks for the recipe. I popped over to visit the birthday party, wow y’all had a great party. Love all the fun decorations. Wishing T a very Happy Birthday…………

3. lulu says:

Anything made with blueberries has to be good!

4. Looks delicious. I know my family would like this recipe. I don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby but I will look for those shortcake biscuits.They had something similar in our hotel room on the coffee and tea tray and I loved them.

5. Julie says:

This dish looks so good Jenna! I saw this recipe too and want to try it our sometime.
    Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J!
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

6. Jenna, This sounds delicious!!! I am definitely making this for guests next week! I love a coffee cake type breakfast dish, especially one that can be prepared ahead and just popped into the oven. Blueberries and cream cheese are perfect together and your birthday celebrators are certainly lucky to have you to help them indulge! Linda

7. Fudge, I was just at Trader Joes too. This looks divine.

• Thanks Laurie, I was there yesterday and didn’t see the shortcake biscuits, I’m afraid they are seasonal, but any bread would work- if the bread you use is not very dense, just use more bread so you’ll have plenty to soak up the liquid >

8. Laurie says:

Yum! Your food images always make my mouth water. This looks delicious and not too much trouble to make. Thank you for sharing it, Jenna.

9. Jenna, I have always loved bread pudding and with cream cheese..,oh my it has to be delicious!

10. Kim says:

Yum-o, as Rachel Ray would say. This looks so good! I have blueberries in the freezer that need to be eaten. This is a perfect way to “get rid of them”. Thanks!

11. JESS44903 says:

Well doesn’t this look delicious! YUM!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

12. This sounds amazing! YUM.

13. Helen Adams says:

I need to put those biscuits on my Trader Joes list, this pudding looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!