Fearless Friday, Life’s Layers

Back in the “city” recently, I worked in my studio on a commissioned abstract

The customer wanted something similar to the painting below

Mostly whites and grays with touches of blue and gold

The 2″ wrapped canvas is 40″ x 40″

I started with the darks, adding large patches of gray and black and let that dry

Then I came back with white and cream

I drizzled the blue {Golden liquid acrylic Cerulean Blue Deep} into white areas while they were still wet so I could blend the color in

This was a little too much blue so I added more white and grays

The final steps were adding gold

I did not use gold leaf this time, opting instead for Golden Iridescent Gold [Fine] tube acrylic

It is thick enough to apply with a palette knife which adds nice texture

When painting large canvases I use inexpensive paint for the underpainting and base coats, and save the pricey artist acrylics for finishing

Close ups and details

“Life’s Layers” 40″ x 40″ acrylic on canvas

This photo gives you an idea of the size, can’t wait to see it hung in it’s new home~

Be Fearless!

🎨   🎨   🎨   🎨   🎨   🎨

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch, Gardens Galore  Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Celebrate and Decorate,     Creatively Crafty      Full Plate Thursday

Foodie Friday & Everything Else    Thursday Favorite Things

Share it One More Time   Delicious Dishes Recipe Party

Comments
12 Responses to “Fearless Friday, Life’s Layers”
  1. Gorgeous, as always Jenna. I bet the new owner will be ecstatic! Enjoy your weekend.

2. I like it very much. And I really appreciate the step-outs. It’s fun to see it evolve.

It is gorgeous!!!

4. Ricki Treleaven says:

You have to be fearless with abstract…..I am abstract challenged….everything I try looks like mud. Abstract painting is freakin’ hard!

Great job!

Beautiful painting, I’m sure it will be enjoyed tremendously by the owner…………

6. My favorite inspiration of the week! Gorgeous Jenna. Love the size. Abstract art is best in large sizes don’t you think?

Johanne Lamarche

7. Kim says:

Wonderful! This painting’s owners should love it. Happy weekend!

You are so creative! Looks awesome!! 🎨👍

9. I know the proud owner will love this! I lenjoy seeing your steps! Happy Weekend RTR!

I bet your client will be thrilled with your creation Jenna! Hope you’re enjoying some beautiful fall weather this weekend!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )