Holidays, Secrets for Stress-free Holidays

Okay, I am sharing some top secret stuff today, so shhhhh…..

Whether you are in a pinch, have no energy, or just simply have too much to do…

or maybe just don’t feel like cooking 🎨  💅   📚

First, fill your house with delicious aromas,

Saute an onion with a little fresh garlic…

Or roast a head of garlic {you can refrigerate it for later use}

Cook bacon slices on parchment in the oven, no flipping required and you can save it for later

Now your kitchen smells great, so let the freezer section help you out

One of my go to’s is frozen Macaroni & Cheese–

I love Stouffer’s but have you tried Marie Calendar’s Vermont White Cheddar {see where to buy it here}

Transfer the frozen mac to your own casserole dish, bake it according to directions, even add a buttery bread crumb topping for that homemade touch and garnish it with fresh parsley or herbs

You could even use that bacon to make a lattice topper, a little wow factor…

It’s the Presentation is Everything thing

Fruit, deli meat & cheese arranged on a tiered server can double as a centerpiece and a meal

Skewers are one of my favorite party foods, easy to make, easy to serve, easy to eat!

Breakfast on a Stick

Appetizer skewers, aka Pasta Lollipops, with tortellini, pesto, salami and red pepper or tomato can be served on a plate or stuck into styrofoam for a fun presentation

Dessert Kebabs are made with cut up brownies and cheesecakes from the bakery

Colorful candies, gingerbread people and icing jazz up cake, whether you make it or buy it

Gingerbread House Cake

How about the easiest weeknight dinner ever?

Season a Boston Butt Pork Roast all over with your favorite BBQ rub

Place it in a sprayed slow cooker and add enough coke to fill the pot up to the top of roast

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, shred and toss with BBQ sauce and serve on buns

Instead of the same old boring holiday cocktail party, host a theme party like

Wine & Cheese

How about a craft party,

Gingerbread houses aren’t just for kids

Adults like to make them too!

Have an old fashioned goodie swap party, and have everyone bring a goodie for everyone to take home

Be sure to keep the Ho Ho Ho in your holidays!

Slow Cooker Cola Pulled Pork

• Servings: varied
  • Difficulty: very easy

1 Boston Butt Pork Roast

16-24 oz Coca-Cola

BBQ seasoning rub

Rub meat all over generously with seasoning.  Place in a sprayed slow cooker and add enough coke around the sides to fill the cooker but not cover the top of meat.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Remove from cooker and shred.  Toss with BBQ sauce.  Return meat to cooker if desired to keep warm until serving.

Now you can relax and enjoy Thanksgiving, you’ve got the holidays covered!

for another printable version of Slow Cooker Cola Pulled Pork click here

🦃   🎄   🎁   🦃   🎄   🎁

Rustic and RefinedMerry Monday,  Between Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl   Full Plate Thursday

Thursday Favorite Things  Creatively Crafty  Foodie Friday & Everything Else

Home Matters    Share it One More Time   Sundays at Home

Comments
26 Responses to “Holidays, Secrets for Stress-free Holidays”

Love your Marie Callendar’s mac ‘n cheese tip Jenna! My hubby would be over the moon with it served with bacon lattice topping too 🙂

Great ideas! And coke is like magic with pork isn’t it??!! 👍😉

Lovin’ that cute nativity gingerbread house! Slow cooker pulled pork sounds like a winner:@)

4. Cheryl DeBoard says:

You should try crockpot liners. They are wonderful!! Thanks for all of the terrific ideas!

• Thanks Cheryl, I have used liners and loved them until I had one melt and ruin the food, I was cooking on high so maybe that was the problem, but I have been afraid of them ever since. What brand do you use?

5. This post is chock FULL of good things!

6. How wonderfully creative your site is – I love stopping by to see your talents 🙂 thank you for sharing such great ideas for gift giving too!!

7. Jenna, I can’t wait to make a gingerbread house with EM! You have some wonderful tips! You are the queen of entertaining!

8. Pasta lollipops. SO cool! That’s just perfect — you can count on those being on my menu this season!

9. You left me drooling. Everything looks delish. Have a wonderful week, Jenna.

10. Wow, what a great lineup of fun ideas!

11. RS says:

I love all these ideas and have tried a few. The skewers are my favorite!

12. YUM, YUM, YUM….great ideas that always make me drool!

Lots of yummies. And, I love the gingerbread houses.

14. Linda says:

Great ideas Jenna. Everything looks great! I will check out the mac and cheese. Love the idea of bason crisscross. Happy Wednesday.

15. Great tips Jenna especially for that coke pulled pork! Gotta try that!

Johanne Lamarche

16. Kim says:

I love the skewer ideas! 🙂

I’m loving your tips, and your recipe for the pulled pork, Jenna. My grands love Stouffer’s mac and cheese, and I’ve never bought the Marie Callendar version. It looks creamy and yummy!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )