Tablescapes, Love Letters

❤️  Welcome to the 2018 Romantic Tablescape Blog Hop  ❤️

Celebrate & Decorate’s clever Chloe has gotten us together

to share table ideas for Valentine’s Day

Be sure to drop by throughout the week to see all the fabulous tables!

Long ago, before text, email, and free long distant calls

my husband to be used to write me a letter every day!

I was in California and he was in Alabama

It was truly heart breaking!  💔

We closed the gap with love letters

They weren’t mushy, mostly just a quick hello and a simple I love you

But every day was very sweet  💕

When our first child was born on Valentine’s Day,

he brought me red roses

And roses instantly became my favorite flower  💐

We always have a big combination Birthday & Valentine celebration on Valentine’s Day

you can see a Birthday Valentine tablescape here

There are always lots of decorations and sweet treats

You can see why I ❤️ Valentine’s Day!

Roses of red and roses of pink,

a painted heart glass for something to drink

A simple I love you written by hand

means so much more

than things that come from a store…

Have a sweet Valentine’s Day!

You can see a round-up of Valentine treats on Valentine Love here

Juicy Details

love plates/Pottery Barn

felt love letters, heart pad & pen/Walmart

painted ornaments, glasses/tutorial here

Valentine candy tree, full size Valentine tree/tutorial here

Strawberry Party Tree/tutorial here

I removed the top portion of the tree to make it shorter for the table top, and the large felt love letter disguises the removal

Thank you for your visit!

❤️  Be sure to see all the fabulous tables this week!  ❤️

Monday

❤️   💕   ❤️   💕   ❤️   💕

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl

Full Plate Thursday    Thursday Favorite Things  Creatively Crafty

Home Matters    Share it One More Time   Sundays at Home

Comments
51 Responses to “Tablescapes, Love Letters”
  1. Now, I’m wondering how you met your husband since you were in California and he was in Alabama.
    I have a huge box of handmade cards my daughter has made us over the years! She is an artist like you! Yes, handwritten notes and cards are truly very personal and loving and appreciated! It has become a lost art.
    Love your Valentine tree. Clever and creative just like you. Such a sweet and eye catching table, Jenna.

2. Rita C. says:

Jenna, what a great memories for celebrating Valentine’s Day! Your trees really add so much to your decor in this tablescape – how clever to make it suitable for the tabletop. Beautiful roses, and sweet heart plates.

3. I can see why you love red roses! Such a sweet table to enjoy a fun meal on a special day.

4. I love this story of how you exchanged daily letters like that and then your first child was born on Valentine’s Day! My daughter was due on the 14th but came on the 12th but I always think of her as my Valentine’s baby! The tower of candy is so cute and of course I love the heart dishes (I used the same ones!). I love red roses too- their rich color and beauty always grab my heart!

5. creationsbycindynefcomnet says:

Awe, well of course Valentine’s is your favorite! It would be mine too. How sweet that you had a child on Valentine’s Day. Love that TREE! WOW! Such a darling tablescape. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

6. Your tablescape is such a fun, whimsical take on Valentine’s. I love the playfulness of it, and using the tree topper was genius. Good job!

7. It’s so very happy and charming, Jenna. All that happy color, pretty glasses, flowers and sparkle just make me smile big time!

8. Ann Krucek says:

This has to be the sweetest post!! From the story about exchanging love letters, to the whimsical tree and all the treats!!! This brings me back to when we used to make all of our valentine cards with construction paper, markers, glue and glitter. Handmade things are so special. Speaking of which – your heart glasses add just that extra touch. Your table is so cheerful and fun!!

Oh Jenna, what a truly sweet story of you and your husband. Love letters are truly special and I loved hearing about yours. Love your table with the sweet tree and roses. I remember you telling me about your first on Valentine’s Day. I hope you have a wonderful Valentien’s Day dear friend……

10. Marsha says:

Your story certainly touched my heart. There is something so special about the handwritten love letters. With technology and fast communication these days, I miss those kinds of letters. Your table represents perfectly that exchange of love. I love all of the sweet treats, especially your candy tree. But your centerpiece love letter Valentine’s tree makes such a beautiful centerpiece for Valentine’s Day and birthday. Enjoy your special day.

Looks like romance is in the air….I love the Valentine tree and beautiful memories.

12. Linda says:

Jenna, such a pretty table and so romantic. Love that you and your sweet hubby wrote love letters and you carried that theme to this lovely table. Red roses are the ultimate in romance. I can see clearly why you love Valentine’s day. Your tree is so pretty and makes for a lovely centerpiece for this very special table.

13. What sweet memories! Your tree is so festive – and the table is so inviting – Happy Valentines Day!

14. Carol says:

Jenna, what a sweet story about your love letters. But at least now you are together. It is too bad that we have lost the art of letter writing. I love your bright Valentine colors and that Valentine trees is precious.

15. Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, I agree with you…a simple hand written note means so much more. What a sweet post this is, and I love all of your beautiful and colorful Valentine’s Day decor. I hope that you have a very Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

16. Kari says:

Lovely table and I agree the hand written love letters are beautiful. I keep every card and note from hubby and kids in a box I call my Heart Ache Box because my heart aches when I re-read them.
    Love your tree too…clever. It is always great to blog hop with you.

17. I popped over from Blue Sky at Home blog. How cute is this?! And what a great story. I don’t think my husband of 25 years has every written me a love letter or note. How romantic. Love your tree and table too. It all looks perfect.

18. Lori says:

What a terrific theme and colour scheme for your tablescape! I really like the purple with the red –
    so striking! The love letters and your narration about them are a perfect combination. Your Valentine tree centerpieces are terrific – especially like the candy one! My hubby and I endured a long distance relationship for the early part of our dating and your post brings back memories of all the love letters we exchanged over those years too.

Cute! I love the painted balls on the tree:@)

20. What a fantastically fun and sweet Valentine’s table. I know Easter and Halloween trees are becoming more common, but I adore your Valentine’s Day tree. The lights always create a romantic vibe, and the story behind the love letters, and the birth of your first child make the table all the more special. The small plates with the hearts that say love were very pretty, and your candy stack was impressive! Thank you for sharing with us.

21. mynewsdrive says:

Your blog made me happy. Such a cute post. Thanks for sharing. God bless you. 🙂

22. Maureen says:

I don’t know what I love more, your story or your table!! I was lucky enough to get sweet love notes from my husband when we were dating and I have kept every one! Your table is so sweet. I love the candy tree, and the idea of a hand written note is perfect.

Awww Jenna, I loved reading this sweet post!! Yes, hand written notes/letters are so special. My late beloved and I got engaged on Valentine’s Day.

Hi Jenna, I’m sorry I’m so late to visit…how romantic that your husband wrote you a love letter everyday while you two were apart! I love all your sweet additions to your table, including the candy tree, painted glasses, roses, and decorative Valentine’s Day tree. What wonderful timing to have cupid deliver your first born on Valentine’s Day! As always, I so enjoy your creativity and blog hopping with you. ♥

25. Jenna, I thought my comment went through yesterday and I just came back to check and saw that it didn’t. I have never been so frustrated. I commented at least 10 times on your blog and it just vanished. I am so sorry. I have been talking with WordPress,and they can’t seem to help me. Ok, I am over my rant!

Your table is beautiful, as always! The tree is stunning. But the sweet story of your hand-written love letters across the miles made me tear up. I love a wonderful love story! I need the backstory on how you two met. I also remembered that your oldest was born on Valentine’s Day, no wonder you love roses! I so enjoyed reading your post, my talented friend!

• well, this lovely comment went through, I am so sorry you had so much trouble! I get occasional emails from friends saying they are having trouble commenting and have asked wordpress about it many times and they don’t ever find anything wrong on my end, so who knows!!

I met my husband one summer when he was doing an internship with my father. We had a blind date and I wasn’t the least bit interested. He came back to surf 2 summers later, and my Dad invited him over for dinner…the second time we met it was love at second sight! We both knew immediately that we were going to get married…we were going to move back to Calif when he finished school but because of state boards and medical licensing, we stayed in Alabama and I am so glad we did!

Hi Jenna, I love that you and your future hubby-to-be wrote sweet love notes to each other! ❤️ 💌 Did you keep them? 😍 My hubby-to-be and I did the same thing before we were married when I was working at a church camp one summer. Longing does make the heart grow fonder! 💕🌹 Love your table decorations and how you make Valentine’s Day extra special with your son’s birthday! 🎁

27. I think handmade and handwritten are always the best! Even when we downsized, I kept so many cards and letters from over the years. My husband and I did a lot of writing while we were apart, before we got married. Your table is darling with the added tree and and cards.

28. What a sweet tablescape and I love the memories of the letters with your husband! This is what Valentine’s Day is all about!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )