Take-out Tuesday, 1-2-3-4-5 Bagels!

Let’s count to 5

1 Bowl

2 Hands

3 Ingredients

4 Bagels

5 Minutes

Yep, homemade bagels with 3 ingredients and 5 minute prep!

Mix the 0% Greek yogurt and self-rising flour together to make the batter

Knead it briefly on a flour covered board {flour your hands too}

Divide it into 4 balls

Roll each ball into a fat rope with the palms of your hands

Form into bagel shapes and pinch ends together

Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with seasoning

I used Everything Seasoning from Trader Joe’s, but it’s easy to make your own

Everything Seasoning here

Bake and enjoy

This recipe is diet friendly, adapted from Mess for Less and Weight Watchers

These bagels are more of a mini size, rather than a full size bagel, and the texture is dense and chewy like a regular bagel

Everything Bagels

• Servings: 4 bagels

6 oz. 0% Greek yogurt

3/4 cup self rising flour

1 egg

seasoning of choice, such as everything, sesame, poppy seeds, sea salt

Combine yogurt with flour in a mixing bowl and stir until batter holds together.  Flour your hands and transfer dough to a flour covered board.   Knead a few times and form into a smooth ball.  Divide dough into 4 small balls.  Roll each ball into a fat rope using the palms of your hands.  Form into a bagel and pinch ends together to seal.

Place bagels on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Beat egg and brush over bagel tops.  Sprinkle with seasoning of choice.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked through.

for another printable version of 1-2-3-4-5 Bagels click here

Enjoy!

🍩   🥐   🍞   🍩

Spring & Easter Joy on Panalopy

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
25 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, 1-2-3-4-5 Bagels!”

How fun. I “knead” to try these 😉 I knew there was something special I was looking for last time I went to Trader Joe’s!!!

LOVE the bagel painting too!!!

3. These bagels look delicious. I’ve never thought about making my own but with the easy recipe it would be fun to do homemade which is always better! Yummy and a recipe keeper. Thanks Jenna.

4. I’ve seen this recipe floating around Weight Watchers and I definitely want to try it. First I have to get to Trader Joes!

• The bagels themselves are pretty bland, but the seasoning really kicks them up…next time I’m going to put a little seasoning in the batter too for more flavor. Let me know if you try it Stacey~

5. I’ve got to try this. Just have to. Is self-rising flour the same as all-purpose or is it bread flour or is it neither? That’s probably useful to know!

6. You are so brave about trying different recipes! I am just a kitchen coward for the most part. I try new things from time to time, but you….you get out there and take that risk a lot!!! Applause, applause! The sesame bagels sound really good…and now I want a bagel!

7. Ricki Treleaven says:

I’ve never made bagels in my life, but now I want to try it. Shelley would LOVE these!!! Thanks for posting, and you make it look VERY easy…..is it really that easy?

My favorite bagel! Awesome bagel making here.

9. Kari says:

I love bagels and this seems a perfect recipe to begin with…..thanks

10. Jenna,my hubby loves bagels. The recipe sounds so easy and they look delicious. They are much healthier than a bought bagel. This may be appearing for Saturday morning breakfast!

Love how you painted the bagels!! 👍 They look delish! And your recipe is so easy! Thanks Jenna! 😄

Pinned! 😉

What an easy and delicious recipe for Bagel lovers Jenna! You’re so creative with your titles 🙂

What a great recipe that I will have to try! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your with us at Full Plate Thursday!

I saw this and said “WHAT”????? Jenna, I’ve made bagels the L-O-N-G way ONE time, but wow, I could do this with the grands this summer at cooking camp!!! How fun, and thank you for sharing.

w