Take-out Tuesday, Skinny Cheese Enchilada Dip

We had fun Saturday watching the “Greatest Two Minutes in Sports,”

All those poor Kentucky Derby hats getting droopy in the rain!

We chose our picks for win-place-show and put $10 in the pool

Since it was Cinco de Mayo, we noshed on Skinny Cheese Enchilada Dip with fried flour torilla chips

This dip is embarrassing easy to make, but HH went crazy for it, in fact we all did a lot of dipping   😳

Just 3 ingredients, red enchilada sauce, {90 calories} Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, {less than 60 calories} and Velveeta cheese

If you want to add more protein add cooked diced chicken

Velveeta is hard to cut, so just tear it into chunks with your fingers

If you HATE Velveeta, substitute 2% cheddar

You can adjust the amount of tomatoes and chilies used to your personal taste, a little for a mild bite and the whole can for extra spicy

Stir dip once or twice as the cheese melts during baking

I love Velveeta for it’s magic melting quality, and did you know it has half the calories of cheddar?

I pan fried flour tortillas in a drizzle of olive oil and butter and cut them into triangles

They don’t get crispy, but they are sooooo good

Colored sweet pepper strips, zucchini or celery sticks, would be great healthy alternatives to the chips

Individual small bowls are a great way to enjoy this messy dip, everyone can grab a bowl and some dippers

No one picked the winner but we all picked one of the horses in each category, so we called it even and everyone kept their $10, so we were all winners!

Skinny Cheese Enchilada Dip

• Servings: 4-6
  • Difficulty: very easy

1 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce

1 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies drained and divided*

8 oz. Velveeta cheese

Spray small baking dish with cooking spray.  Pour in enchilada sauce.

*Add tomatoes and chilies to taste

Tear cheese into chunks and add to sauce

Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes and stir.  Continue to bake for 10-20 more minutes until cheese has melted and everything is hot.

Serve with tortilla chips, sweet pepper strips, celery, or zucchini sticks

Provide serving spoon and small individual bowls

Fried Tortilla Chips

6-8 large flour tortillas

olive oil or any oil

butter

Melt 1 tsp butter into a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Add 1 tortilla and quickly flip so both sides have a coating of oil.  Cook until one side begins brown and become golden.  Flip and cook other side.  Remove to paper towels to drain. Add more oil and butter to skillet as need to cook the rest of tortillas.  Once drained, cut tortillas into 8 triangles.  Makes 48-64 triangles.

Olé!

💃   🌮   🍅   🌮   💃

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
24 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Skinny Cheese Enchilada Dip”

Yummy way to celebrate! I bet the dip didn’t last much longer than the race 🤪

2. Jenna, my family loves a good dip and this easy one would be sure please at my house! Thanks for sharing and Happy Tuesday!

Ha, ha, yep, breaking even is the second best thing to winning! I just kept thinking about how much $ went into those poor rain soaked hats…

4. I notice you didn’t add the calories for the Velveeta! Looks so good — and the little bowl idea is brilliant.

Jenna, you know how to have fun!

6. lulu says:

You got me with skinny which is going to have to be my focus now that travels have ended.

7. Good grief that looks good! We are having messy fries tonight with pulled pork and lots of toppings! Not too sure there will be anything skinny about it though. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

8. It’s late here but if this were in front of me I’d have blast with it!

Well, that’s another one I had to pin! Love a good dip and those fried tortillas looked oh so good! Thanks Jenna. All that rain made such a slippery track, I was so thankful no horse or rider was hurt. ⚘

I got a kick out of those generated horses names Jenna! I know your dip is a winner 🙂

Hi Jenna,
    I love that this is a Skinny Cheese Enchilada Dip, we will really enjoy! So glad you could join us on Full Plate Thursday and thanks so much for sharing with us. Hope you have a great week and a very Happy Mothers Day!

Well I’m one of those that loves the creaminess of Velveeta (nothing compares for some things!). I have never used enchilada sauce with the Rotel, but I’m going to next time! Thank you, Jenna!
    Happy Mother’s Day to you!!

1. […] I lightened up Loaded Chicken Enchilada Nachos from Cusina de Yung by making Skinny Enchilada Cheese Dip […]