Tablescape, Fishing for Father’s Day

Happy Father’s Day!

Fishing is a very big deal to some special Dad’s I know

I set a table for them so my love for them could show

It’s full of all kinds of fishy things

Fish plates, pitchers, glasses and even napkin rings

I wanted to set this table outside for them to enjoy while they ate

But Mother Nature just wouldn’t cooperate!

So far this weekend has  been full of rain

But HH and HHjr didn’t complain

They watched golf instead, and drank champagne! {beer 😂}

Last weekend HHjr invited several of his best buddies for a weekend of fishing, and they had a fabulous time

They headed out at sunrise

Through Perdido Pass into the Gulf of Mexico

HHjr has been friends with these guys since kindergarten! They are truly part of our family too…it was wonderful to see them get away from their responsibilities for a few days and have some fishing fun!

One wife went along and took the beautiful fishing photos, thank you Kim!

I hope your Father’s Day is wonderful for you or all the special guys in your life!

Juicy Details

fish plates/Sardina from Anthropologie here

fish glasses & pitcher/tutorial on Heads or Tails here

🐟   🐠   🐡   🐟   🐠   🐡

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
33 Responses to “Tablescape, Fishing for Father’s Day”

I love all the fishing details of your table Jenna! There’s nothing prettier than being on the water at sunrise.♥

2. Nancy says:

Love this post. What is the name of the beautiful fish?

3. prior.. says:

Cannot complain when the table
    Looks this great!
    The napkin rings were clever but all
    Flower so well

How sweet was that! A special fishing table to honor your hubby and son! ♥️ I am sure they appreciated it also. Love all the details of the table and the water/sunrise picture was awesome, especially the picture of the boat heading for the Gulf of Mexico with the beautifu indigio waters lit up by the boats lighting and the lovely bridge and skyline in the background. Great shot! 🌊

Looks like a great day ahead, love your table setting.

All looks so fun and wonderful! Hot and humid and dry here. Sure would be nice to be on that boat in the water!!

7. Cute table – love the gurgle pot and those napkin rings are so darn cute! How lucky to live on the water!!

8. Kari says:

I don’t know Jenna…your tablescape looks pretty fishy to me. LOL. I love your attention to detail and it has been raining in SW Florida too.

9. PLEASE send me some of that rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Ellen says:

Fishing was my Dad’s great love and my Son-in-love shares it with my 4 1/2 yr. old Grandson. When fishing together, they do the “catch and release” because Benjamin doesn’t want to hurt the fish. Love your tablescape! Among your many talents, you are a marvelous poetess. Thank-you!

11. It looks like a wonderful weekend! Yummy fish — so happy for all and Happy Fathers Day to the guys!

Very fun! I was a boat person while married, love the pics:@)

Love all your delightful table decor Jenna! 🌈🐬✨ Great family photos too! 😊👍

14. Jenna, I hope your guys had a wonderful Father’s Day. Your fishing table details are fabulous. What a fun time for friends to spend some quality time fishing. The sunrise is gorgeous over the water! Happy Monday!

15. Ohh Jenna, Love the table you set to celebrate fishing the guys love so much. Great pics of the Pass into the Gulf. I’m sure the weekend was wonderful for the guys.

16. Karen says:

What a cute table, I’m sure they enjoyed it. It must have reminded them of their wonderful fishing trip.

17. Loving the whimsy and colorful vibe. You always come thru…love your energy. Beautiful pics. :-)!!

18. Ann Krucek says:

Fabulous Father’s Day theme, since my husband loves to fish as well! But he has never fished in the ocean so he would freak out if he ever caught anything that big!!! I love your colorful table, it has such a fun vibe.

• Thanks Ann, my guys will fish anywhere! They hit lakes and streams too when they aren’t near the ocean. My son has gone marlin fishing a few times, caught 5 foot marlin! Luckily all the filleting is done on the dock so I don’t have to witness it!

19. Looks and sounds like a great Father’s Day celebration. Love your fishy table. That nice red snapper was fun to catch I’m sure.

1. […] my word!  I love this fun and whimsical table setting from The Painted Apron!  Pop on over to check out all of the festive […]