Fearless Friday, Sun Dappled Terrace

Welcome to the “Sun Dappled Terrace,” where you can dine al fresco and enjoy a view of the sea

This was inspired by the painting below, that I saw on Pinterest,  but I wasn’t able to source the artist’s name

This was one of those things that when I saw it, I immediately thought “I’ve got to paint that!”

I think this scene would be beautiful in any medium, but I was in the mood to use marker and colored pencil

Since the subject was fairly complex, I began with a very light pencil sketch then began to add color

I spent a long time on the sketch, trying to get the proportions and angles right

Shading was added to the blue areas with white and blue colored pencil

Next came the flowers in a mix of pencil and marker

Shadows

Work on the window and more shadows

A white paint pen was used for the glass highlights

Light colored pencil in grays and browns shade the stone wall, with marker in some of the darker areas

Adding land and sea

Finishing the wall…

“Sun Dappled Terrace”

“9 x 12” mixed media on Bellofy Artist Pro Series mixed media paper

This is my favorite sketch book because it can be used with watercolor too, so if I decide to add watercolor at some point it works fine.  You can get this on Amazon here

Have a creative day and Be Fearless!

🎨   🎨   🎨

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
25 Responses to “Fearless Friday, Sun Dappled Terrace”
  1. wow! just beautiful- lovely scene and wonderful painting. You are very talented

What a beautiful job you did!!!! Thanks for sharing your process and steps. Helps break a complicated subject down.

3. Jenna, I love your sun dappled terrace. It draws me in and makes me think of our visit to Santorini! You are so talented dear friend. Have a wonderful weekend!

Oh what a lovely painting, I’d like to be sitting there.

You are SO talented! This a a very lovely scene. Great job! 😊

6. pattyanneart says:

This is lovely, Jenna!! Great job! I’m with Sharon, I would love to be sitting there too. 😊💗

7. Beautiful art as always, Jenna, along with wonderful hints and instructions. You do step-outs so well! You also inspire me to use my colored pencils more.

Wow!! I’m so impressed! This turned out amazing, Jenna!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I’m not so sure I’d be able to tackle such a complicated subject… you did great! 😃👍

9. Sandy Park says:

You got it girl. Just beautiful, I wish I was there.

10. How do you DO this?!!?!?!!?! You are SO talented!!! I can’t draw a smiley face!!!🙂

Beautiful sun-dapple terrace Jenna! Enjoy your Sunday ♥

12. Julie says:

Hi Jenna, oh I love this beautiful artwork you made! I really have to try and get back into doing some drawing with pencils and markers. I have been spending a lot of time crocheting and reading books right now. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the week
    Julie

13. Jmac says:

That is absolutely perfect! Reminds me of terraces I sat on in Tuscany!
    What I would give to have the ability to draw and paint 🎨
    SO lovely!

14. WhatsUpSusan.com says:

Oh m y this is truly lovely! You did a great job. So happy to find your lovely blog via #omhgww

w