Fearless Friday, “Simple Things” Watercolor

Simple things bring much happiness,

Fresh flowers can change the whole mood of a space

Instantly everything seems fresher &  brighter

They don’t have to be fancy, in fact, I like a casual vase with just a few stems, like in this magazine photo

A few pink petals help establish the composition

Water

Adding blues

Stems and leaves

More details and shadows

A white paint pen or a white gel pen can add a few bright highlights to the glass

I do watercolor paintings on an Arches Watercolor block pad, 140 lb, Cold Pressed, 9″X12″ paper

A block pad keeps your paper flat, no ripples…good paper is pricey, but quality makes a big difference

Plus it’s so heavy I often paint on both sides!

“Simple Things”  9″ x 12″ watercolor

Enjoy the simple things!

Happy creating and Be Fearless!

Juicy Details

Arches Watercolor block/Amazon here

Paint pens and Gel pens available at craft stores or on Amazon here and here

🎨   🌺   🎨   🌺  🎨

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
17 Responses to “Fearless Friday, “Simple Things” Watercolor”
  1. Anonymous says:

So beautiful !!!!!!

Jenna, Your watercolor rendering and vase of flowers is simply beautiful! Enjoy your weekend ♥

3. Jenna, the watercolor is exquisite! I agree, a simple vase with a few flowers is perfect. Happy weekend!

4. Myrtle Glo says:

Thanks for sharing the process of making this. This is inspiring. Have a good one.

5. I love to pick up bouquets at the supermarket when I shop and keep a vase of flowers in the kitchen. It just makes me feel happy. Love your lovely bouquet, so pretty.

6. Beautiful Jenna!

Sent from my iPhone

7. pattyanneart says:

Lovely painting, Jenna!! 😍

Very pretty! Ditto to all the above comments!

9. Fabby says:

Jenna your watercolor artwork is gorgeous! You are very talented, as watercolors aren’t easy to work as I understand !
    Continue your wonderful job.
    Fabby

10. I think I need to do a tutorial painting from this — I have the toughest time with water and these are the best hints I’ve seen! Thank you! (And it’s lovely, by the way!)

11. Kristina1025 says:

You make it look so easy. Thanks for sharing.

w