Recipe Box, Peachy Chicken Chalupas for National Eat a Peach Day

Happy “National Eat a Peach Day”

This recipe is one of my favorites from the archives, and perfect for busy back to school days

A great thing about using a slow cooker is that you don’t have to defrost the meat  😅

I put 3 frozen boneless breasts in a sprayed slow cooker and sprinkled them liberally with taco seasoning.  Then poured in a jar of peach salsa and a dash of orange juice.  Forget the tomato, that’s for later   😉

After 4 hours it looked like this

Low heat, 7-8 hours and dinner’s ready!

It shreds in seconds, it’s so tender

I used small flour tortillas and gave them a quick fry in a scant amount of olive oil

salsa chicken tacos thepaintedapron.com

Then top with chicken, cheese, onions, avocado  tomatoes anything you like!

salsa chicken chalupas 1 thepainteapron.com

Add lettuce and more salsa, sour cream or salad dressing

salsa chicken chalupas 2 thepaintedapron.com

Set out the toppings and let everyone make their own

taco soup bar 1 thepaintedapron.com

This is a great family meal, Big E loves tomatoes and lettuce, but his brother just wants chicken and cheese.  No problem, have it any way you like~

salsa chicken tacos thepaintedapron.com

You can also spread the tortilla with a layer of warm refried beans before filling and add avocado or guacamole

salad topped chalupas thepaintedapron.com

The real star of this easy peasy family meal is the chicken~ simmered in a slow cooker with salsa and taco seasoning, it is tender, full of flavor, and ready to shine in tacos, salad, sandwiches, anything you want!

Slow Cooker Peach Salsa Chicken Chalupas

• Servings: 6

3 large boneless chicken breasts

1 jar peach salsa, about 2 cups

2-4 Tablespoons taco seasoning

1/4 cup orange juice

12-18 small flour tortillas, quick pan fried in a little oil if desired

grated sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, Monchego, Pepper Jack or Mexican blend

chopped tomato

chopped onion

shredded lettuce

refried beans, sour cream, salad dressing, guacamole optional toppings

Spray or line slow cooker.  Add chicken and sprinkle liberally with taco seasoning.  Pour salsa over chicken and add orange juice. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.  Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred.  Place chicken on tortillas and add toppings of choice.  Makes 12-18 chalupas, 2 or 3 chalupas per serving.

salsa chicken chalupas thepaintedapron.com

salad topped chalupas thepaintedapron.com

for another printable version of Slow Cooker Peach Salsa Chalupas click here

Enjoy!

🍑  🌮  🍑  🌮  🍑

Dishing it & Digging it,  Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations  Happiness is Homemade

Comments
19 Responses to “Recipe Box, Peachy Chicken Chalupas for National Eat a Peach Day”

Yum. Would like one for breakfast now 🤪🍑

2. Jenna, that looks delicious! I didn’t know it was national eat a peach day, but I think I will join in the celebration! Hugs~

3. Rosie M. says:

Hi, Jenna. This looks delicious. I’ve never heard of peach salsa. Is it easy to find? Would love to try this.

• Thanks Rosie, peach salsa is widely available, just look in your local grocery, there are usually several flavors in each brand, peach, pineapple, mango etc. If you can’t find peach you can use any salsa, it will still be great

4. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

Yum, that looks so good and so easy! YES…easy peasy. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

5. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, this sounds yummy! I love my slow cooker and use it often! I hope that you have a wonderful day!!!

6. Kari says:

Yummy! I just saw a recipe using chicken and peaches at Publix that I want to try…this one sounds perfect using the slow cooker.

7. pattyanneart says:

Looks easy and delicious!!
    Thanks, Jenna.

8. I”m enjoying a peach passion these days so this could not be better timed! Thanks, Jenna!

Sounds like a nice easy meal and I’m lovin’ the sombrero topper for your crock pot:@)

Peaches are still plentiful. I saw beautiful baskets at the farmer’s market. A great meal for these still oh so hot summer days. Yum…….

Sounds delicious and so easy Jenna!

Hi Jenna,
    I love Chalupas and your peachy chicken Chalupas look fantastic! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!

13. Julie says:

Oh, these look and sound delicious Jenna. Thanks for sharing the recipe at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Julie