Take-out Tuesday, Blueberry Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps

This really is a “Take-out Tuesday,” a wrap made with a favorite chicken salad from a local cafe

One of my besties brought over some of our favorite chicken salad, which we enjoyed on fresh brioche buns

To my delight, she insisted that I keep the remaining chicken salad, which I quickly tucked into the fridge for later

I decided to add some blueberries and candied walnuts

Then I put it on a large romaine leaf to eat like a taco

Such an easy, light and healthy meal!

This is more of an idea than a recipe, but I made a printable version and added it to my master recipe list as a way of remembering to make this effortless meal

Blueberry Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps

• Servings: varied

prepared chicken salad, homemade or store bought

fresh blueberries

candied walnuts {Trader Joe’s} or pecans, almonds or shelled pistachios

large crisp romaine leaves

Add desired amount of blueberries and nuts to prepared chicken salad.  Place about 1/2 cup of salad down the center of a romaine leaf.  To eat, fold lettuce around salad and eat it like a taco.

Perfect for these “dog days” of summer!

for another printable version of Blueberry Chicken Salad Wraps click here

🍇 🥗 🍇 🥗 🍇

Dishing it & Digging it, Happiness is Homemade  Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations  Happiness is Homemade

Comments
24 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Blueberry Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps”

What a great twist!!

A perfect meal for the lazy days of summer Jenna and I love your flavorful additions with the blueberries and nuts! My mom turned us onto Chicken Salad Chick when we were visiting her in Atlanta. It originated in your neck of the woods or rather your football rival in Auburn :). Are you familiar with it? So many delicious chicken salad versions!

3. Jenna, I do love chicken salad, especially in the summer. Blueberries and candied walnuts are tasty additions to take-out!

What a delicious meal Jenna!. I hope you are doing well.

5. This looks really good. I might make this to take to the lake so we’ll have lunch when we arrive! I think I have everything except the deli salad and that’s easily remedied. Thanks for a great idea!

6. Rosie M. says:

This looks delish, Jenna. Thanks for sharing. I hope you are doing OK. You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Sounds good to me! Lettuce wrap instead of bread, great tip for those of us who are trying to cut back a bit on carbs. Thanks!

8. Kari says:

I love chicken salad Jenna and in fact I made a stuffed tomato chicken salad just yesterday. I will try your recipe with blueberries. Yummy

Yum! 👍 I like your additions to the purchased product! I have a tuna salad recipe that I like to make and it would be good on lettuce wraps too.

I like your idea of adding blueberries, Jenna, to the chicken salad. I always add dried Montmorency cherries. I need to buy some of those candied walnuts from TJ’s. You have some great friends!

Something to keep in mind for when my son’s blueberries are in season next year:@)

12. Hope Smitherman says:

Oh, this looks so good. I’m trying to eat a little better, and this looks like it would fit that bill exactly and still be delicious!

I love the addition of the blueberries to your chicken salad, what a great idea! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!