Fearless Friday, Fall Vignette

With pumpkins on my mind this week, a little pumpkin art was a must!

Simple sketch with a waterproof .04 liner pen

Coloring from lights to darks

The sunflower petals have a slightly lighter shade in the center, with the darker yellow surrounding

I used watercolor pencils for the background, laying in patches of green, orange and brown

Then blending with a water brush pen

I decided it needed a few more line details

“Fall Vignette” 6″ x 6″ marker, ink, watercolor pencil

I recently purchased a set of 80 Ohuhu markers on Amazon here for under $40

Less than $2 a marker is very reasonable and I like them just as much as the much pricier Copic markers

You can see the wide color range below, which includes skin tones and grays

The kit includes a color chart but I recommend making your own for reference

The true color and how the color appears on the paper you use can differ from the chart provided

Note: you can soften the edges of your marker strokes by blending with colored pencils

Happy creating, Be Fearless!

🎨  🌻  🎃  🎨  🎃  🌻  🎨

Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch, Cooking & Crafting with J&J

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
38 Responses to “Fearless Friday, Fall Vignette”
  1. This is so lovely Jenna. For this non-painter it is interesting to follow your steps. I think you have a great way to reference the color you need by making your own color chart. You are so organized! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Just beautiful Jenna! I love the combination of sunflowers and pumpkins…perfect this time of year when it’s supposed to feel like fall but the summer heats is still hanging on! Happy Weekend ♥

3. Jenna, pumpkins and sunflowers are the perfect autumn combo. If only autumn would arrive with cooler temperatures, that would be wonderful! Happy Friday 🧡

4. Ricki Treleaven says:

I love your vignette drawing, Jenna! I am so ready for fall….I’m sick of the theat we’ve had these past two weeks! I might draw or paint a sunflower soon….I’m inspired by your drawing!

Have a great weekend!

I love your pumpkins!

6. I like your oahu markers. I think I’m due. Many of mine have dried up or aren’t looking their best. Are these stinky? Love the finished piece!

7. Rosie M. says:

Love, love, love this piece! You’ve combined the best parts of fall: pumpkins of different colors and shapes and happy brightly colored sunflowers! Beautiful!!

8. pattyanneart says:

Your pumpkins are wonderful! 🧡😀

9. I always enjoy seeing the process. Love the pumpkins. Have a good weekend, Jenna.

10. Kari says:

Jenna you make it look so easy….why don’t mine turn out like that? LOL

Beautiful Jenna! 😊 Looks like a great color selection in markers too! Score! 👍💕

12. WELL Done! You do make it look easy.

13. Rita C. says:

Pumpkin love! Happy fall, Jenna. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Pumpkin love!! ❤️

15. How seasonally beautiful! I have bookmarked this post and may actually try sketching some pumpkins myself. I appreciate your tutorials more than you know. They are so inspiring, and it’s so helpful to be given sources as well!

16. chef mimi says:

so pretty! You’re very talented.

I LOVE your tutorial, Jenna, and I really should try it. One day I’m going to show you my angel that I painted, with my son’s teaching. I think that this set of markers would be something I’d love! Thank you for sharing.

18. Fabby says:

Thanks for sharing this great tutorial for us Jenna !
    I will try it soon.
    Hugs,
    Fabby

19. Julie says:

Hi Jenna, oh your sketches and marker art is so nice. I love the pumpkins and the sunflowers. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
    Enjoy the week