Take-out Tuesday, Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken

Tuesday night means baseball practice for the boys, so they don’t get home until 7, and dinner needs to be hot and ready as they will be starving

Slow cooker to the rescue!

“Do you think your boys would eat an Asian style chicken dish with peanut sauce?”  I asked HHjr

“It sounds great to me, let’s try it,”  he replied

Now, bear with me here, these photos might not look very appetizing, but have faith!

Stir the peanut butter into the coconut milk with the other seasonings

Pour it over the chicken in the slow cooker, set it to low, and go on your merry way for 4 hours

Carefully, it will be very tender, remove chicken from sauce and shred

Put the chicken back into the pot with the sauce

If your slow cooker has a warm setting, turn that on and you can let the chicken hold for a while before serving

I prepared this Knorr Chicken Flavor Fried Rice mix and once the rice was done I topped it with the sugar snap peas, replaced the lid, turned the burner off, and let them steam in the hot pan

Chopped green onions and cashews were set out in bowls for optional garnishes

Note: if you want to make it low calorie, serve it in a large romaine or iceberg lettuce leaf

Dinner’s ready!

This recipe is adapted from Five Heart Home

Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken

• Servings: 4-6
  • Difficulty: very easy

3-4 large boneless chicken breasts

1 cup canned coconut milk

3/4 cup peanut butter, smooth or chunky

4 cloves garlic, minced

3 T honey

2 T lime juice

2 T rice wine vinegar

sugar snap peas or sno peas, cooked, optional

green onions, peanuts or cashews for optional garnishes

rice, noodles, or large lettuce leaves for serving

Spray or line crock pot.  Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.  Combine peanut butter with coconut milk in a large measuring cup.  Stir in garlic, honey, lime juice and rice wine vinegar.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.  Remove chicken from pot and shred.  Return chicken to sauce in pot and stir.  Serve over cooked rice, noodles or in a lettuce wrap.  Garnish with peas, green onions and nuts if desired

Enjoy!

for another printable version of Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken click here

🥜   🥘   🍗   🥘   🥜

Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch, Cooking & Crafting with J&J

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
35 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken”
  1. Jenna, this has to be amazing for adults and baseball players. Slow cookers make dinner time so easy. Have a wonderful Tueaday🍂🧡🍁

2. That should say Tuesday!

3. This looks really tasty, Jenna!

Yummy, what a easy dish to make.

WOW! I really like both chicken and peanut butter, but have never had them together. This sounds very good . Will also look for that Knorr package of fried rice, love that! Thanks Jenna.

Yum Yum Yum Yum Yummmmmm!!!

7. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, this looks and sounds yummy! My kids love oriental food, so I’m going to have to try this. I love my slow cooker, and I am always looking for new things to try in it. Thanks for the recipe! Happy Tuesday!!!

8. This looks so good! My son makes something similar to this but not in the slow cooker. I’m going to make sure he sees this recipe. He’s working 12 hour shifts and this would be so good to come home to.

9. I have never had this but it sure looks tasty!

Your grands are such good eaters Jenna! I’m happy to know about the Knorr Fried Rice mix!

11. This looks so good! Oh my goodness and easy. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Still lovin’ that team crock pot… I’m getting closer and closer to buying one:@)

13. Rita C. says:

Looks good and it’s easy, what could be better?! Pinned!

14. I bet the boys loved this, Jenna. It looks so good!

The peanut sauce sounds yummy and I love crock pot recipes! Thanks Jenna for another easy meal idea! 😃👍

Wow Jenna, this slow cooker meal sounds so good! I have never seen the Knorr fried rice, but I’ll look for it. Thanks for the recipe!

Your Peanut Chicken looks fantastic, I love that the recipe is for the slow cooker! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!

1. […] Instead of Slow Cooker Crack Chicken from the Devilish Dish I made Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken […]