Take-out Tuesday, Chili Cheese Grits Super Supper Bowl

Today’s Take-out Tuesday is more of an idea than a recipe

This is a bowl of comfort food heaven!

Meaty chili, cheesy grits, and creamy corn

A spoonful of this, a spoonful of that, or a little of each…

This will make your tummy very happy!

Heat up your favorite chili, canned or homemade

This Loaded Pumpkin Chili is an easy peasy favorite

Next make the grits

I use Jim Dandy Quick Grits,

they’re ready in 5 minutes

then all you have to do is stir in the cheese

and season with salt & pepper

note: make them thick, not runny!

Next heat creamed corn or corn kernels in the microwave

Now slightly tilt a deep soup bowl and add the grits,

then ladle in the chili next to them

Nestle a spoonful of corn between the grits and chili

Garnish with cheese shreds and green onions

Chili Cheese Grits Super Supper Bowl

• Servings: varied

Per serving:

1 cup prepared chili

3/4 cup prepared cheese grits* {make sure your grits are thick, not runny}

1/2 cup creamed corn or corn kernels

grated cheddar for garnish

chopped chives, or green onions for garnish

Heat chili, grits and corn.  Slightly tip a deep soup bowl and add grits.  Carefully ladle chili into bowl next to grits.  Add the corn in between the chili and grits.  Garnish with cheese and chives.

*do not use instant grits, use regular or Quick style and make sure they are thick, not runny.  Once grits have cooked, add as much cheese as you like and let cheese melt into hot grits.   Season well with salt and pepper.

Yummmmmmmm!

for another printable of the directions click here

🍲   🌽  🌶

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
34 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Chili Cheese Grits Super Supper Bowl”
  1. Nancy says:

Isn’t this a treat! I love grits, chili, and corn. So this combo would be loved by me for sure!

2. Love grits but NEVER thought of chili! Looks yum!

3. pattyanneart says:

That’s a great combination! 😋

grits are one thing I just don’t get – LOL! Hubby likes them. Tell me what you like about them?

5. Jenna, this is a combo I would have never thought of, but it looks so good. We love grits, chili, and corn!

6. CoziNest says:

I’ll take a spoonful of everything, please.

This is yummy comfort food at it’s best Jenna. Perfect for these cold rainy days here this week. Hope you are getting a little sun there.Love your colorful pics to brighten my day………..

That does look like comfort food in a bowl, Jenna, and I’d be most happy to have some of that yumminess!

I can’t say I have ever eaten grits… I like your idea of your super bowl. I’d probably substitute mashed potatoes! 😍 Your meal looks comforting on a cold day which the temps have been in the single digits this week for us. 🧤

10. Jessica says:

That looks so good!

11. jmac says:

Making this tomorrow night…great idea!!!

Yum, Jenna! ♥

13. chef mimi says:

I remember the first time I had grits was in Charleston, years ago. I’d never tried them before, maybe thinking they were too southern or something??!!! But I’m so glad I did, because I’m hooked. What’s funny to me now is that I’d always prepared polenta, which is exactly the same thing! Live and learn. Great meal.

14. Karen says:

Chili and grits has been a longtime favorite of mine but you certainly have taken them up a notch as they say. Terrific idea!

15. What a fun twist on two dishes. This looks great!