Fearless Friday, Fast & Loose Watercolor

I have a severe case of Spring Fever

which I am treating with flowers!

When I ran across the photo below I just had to paint these colorful glads!

{source Home Depot}

I haven’t painted with watercolors in a while

and decided a fast and loose approach

was the best way to regain the feel

Adding color shapes here and there for the flower petals

Not overthinking, just playful

I wanted these flowers to look abstract

Some splatter for fun

Letting it dry in the breeze

A little definition with ink lines

Painting fast and loose is so much fun!

Rainbow tote     Rainbow framed print    Rainbow throw pillow

Rainbow counter stool

Have a creative day and Be Fearless!

🌈 🎨 🌈 🎨 🌈

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
30 Responses to “Fearless Friday, Fast & Loose Watercolor”
  1. The glads are a breath of beauty on another rainy day! Jenna, is this your freshly painted bedroom? It is stunning❤️

2. It’s so cheerful and happy, I love it! And I really love your total freedom and how you just go! I so need to loosen up. This might be a good project for me to try!

I think I’ve been under the weather with spring fever as well! And, the same cure, lots of flowers around the house. Now if only I could paint! Your painting is simply “beautiful”!!!! Will this rain ever end and expecting severe storms as well…….

It is so good to see the bright spring flowers, thank you Jenna. Your painting is splendid color!

5. Rosie M. says:

It’s 42 this morning in So. CA (yikes!) and your painting is a reminder that warmer days bringing sunny, colorful flowers will eventually get here. Thanks for starting my day this way, Jenna. Such talent!

6. pattyanneart says:

Gorgeous, Jenna!!
    So cheerful and bright, love it! 😍 Painting fast and loose is so much fun.

Sooo GORGEOUS! I need to get my watercolors out again too and paint flowers!!! ❤

8. Michelle says:

I am so ready for spring!! The flowers are beautiful! Your painting is so pretty!!

Oh, Jenna, I so LOVE this one!! It makes me happy!! Such pretty colors!! 💙❤️💜💚

Awesome! So very pretty! Love the bright colors.

11. Ricki Treleaven says:

I love it!!! I cannot WAIT for spring. Although it feels like summer down here right now!

Love your watercolor bouquet Jenna! I think we all have a case of spring fever ♥

13. Karen says:

I love when you show how you create one of your beautiful paintings. You make it seem so easy but of course that is not the reality. 😀 Lovely!

14. Nancy says:

I need to sit down and gaze at this painting! Watercolors are my favorite! And you my friend hit it out of the ballpark with this one! Do you sale originals?

15. Nancy says:

Oh and even out here in the desert of Arizona we have Spring Fever! We had snow two days ago down here in the valley. ! It happens every so often… like 15 years ago so often. A lot of our cactus are fine but our bougenvilla and lantana are frozen and brown. They will come back but… I want them blooming now!

16. Jenny Sparmo says:

I’m starting to have spring fever too. Your painting is beautiful. I can’t wait for flowers. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!

17. Bonnie Morgan says:

Lovely, Jenna, You are amazing!