Recipe Box, Fresh Strawberry White Chocolate Coffeecake

One day last week I wanted to make a breakfast treat for the littles, and did a quick search on Pinterest and found French Strawberry Cake from Foodtastic Mom

This delightful cake can be made quickly with things from your pantry and fridge, plus a pint of fresh strawberries

The sugar topping gives it a wonderful texture

I added some white chocolate chips and almond emulsion to the recipe

The batter mixes up easily

Sour cream adds extra moisture

Once the batter is mixed, fold in the berries

A springform pan made it easy to serve

The white chocolate chips went on the top

and were pressed down into the batter

Sugar is sprinkled all over the top

The cake is moist and crumbly, with layers of texture

The cake is best eaten within 1-2 days

Refrigerate leftovers as the moisture of the strawberries can cause it to get soggy

Fresh Strawberry White Chocolate Coffeecake

• Servings: 8-12

1 stick, 8 T, unsalted butter, softened

1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided

2 large eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp almond emulsion

1 1/3 cups all purpose flour

1 1/4 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 cup sour cream

16 oz. fresh strawberries

1 cup white chocolate chips

Wash strawberries, remove hulls, and slice.  Beat butter with 1 cup of sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beat well and add vanilla extract and almond emulsion.  Mix flour with salt and baking powder in a different bowl, then add 1/3 of flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with 1/4 cup sour cream.  Repeat and end with the last 1/3 of flour mix, beating until just combined.  Fold in strawberries.

Spray a spring form cake pan well with cooking spray.  Add batter to pan.  Top with white chocolate chips, and push them down into batter over the top of cake.  Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of sugar over top of cake.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, watching carefully near the end, using a tester to check batter.  Remove from oven when just done, do not over bake.  Cool cake before removing from pan.  Slice into wedges to serve.  Cake is best eaten within 1-2 days

You could also add blueberries to make it red, white and blue!

for another printable version of Fresh Strawberry White Chocolate Coffeecake click here

🍓 🇺🇸 🍓 🇺🇸 🍓

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
27 Responses to “Recipe Box, Fresh Strawberry White Chocolate Coffeecake”
  1. Jenna, I would love a slice of that strawberry white chocolate coffee cake to go with my coffee, it looks delicious! Have a wonderful Wednesday and stay cool!

HAVE to make this!!!!

I’m always reading your blog before breakfast, my mouth is watering for tis delicious coffee cake.

4. Cindy Conner says:

That looks delicious! You always come up with the best stuff to eat! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

5. Michelle says:

This looks delicious!! Starting the day off with this would be perfect. 😀

6. Rick would love this one! I might, too!

7. Kari says:

OK Jenna, I am so ready to make this like…now. It looks delish. Yep! this one is going into my recipe file…TOO!!!!!!!!! Have a great Wednesday my friend.
    Kari

Looks yummy! 🍓 I love fresh strawberries! ❤️

Oh Jenna, this looks so good. Oh your lucky littles! I’m sure they always look forward to what’s cooking. I would love this with my early morning coffee, love this recipe.

Those littles of yours are so lucky, Jenna! I’d be so happy to be served that wonderful breakfast treat.

11. Anonymous says:

I am definitely going to make this for a morning we have guests at the lake place. It looks and sounds delicious. Thank you!

12. Benita says:

I love strawberries and that coffee cake looks absolutely divine!! Great recipe! Hugs!

13. marilyn1998 says:

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared.

Your Strawberry Coffeecake looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week.