Take-out Tuesday, “THE” Salad

A salad we had for part of our Labor Day celebration is going to be forever known as

“THE” salad

“This salad is really good…”

“I’ve got to have more of that salad!”

“Oh my, I didn’t see the salad!”

“Hey mom, I like salad now!”

“Oh, what is in this salad?”

Okay, so before you get too impressed, I confess…

This is just basically a “dump” salad…

you dump in some of this and some of that

and add a few of these and some more of that,

Toss with dressing

Sprinkle with cheese…

And all of a sudden you are a rock star!

You can make this for 1 or for 20

The Barilla Ready Pasta is located in the dry pasta section of the grocery store

You microwave it for 1 minute and it’s done!!

No boiling, no draining, nothing to clean up

THE Salad

• Servings: 20
  • Difficulty: very easy

4 pkgs, 8.5 oz, Barilla Ready Pasta {or any cooked pasta}

1 6oz bag, baby spinach leaves

2 heads romaine lettuce

1 pint cherry tomatoes

1, 10oz. bag, frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed

1 bag, 6 oz. mini pepperoni

1 English cucumber

Chopped cooked bacon pieces or packaged real bacon pieces

6 oz. shredded Gouda cheese

3 oz. grated or shredded Italian blend cheese or Parmesan

Bottled or homemade Italian vinaigrette {I used Ken’s Chef Reserve Italian}

Microwave pasta according to package directions. Chop spinach and romaine into bite sized pieces. Cut cucumber into slices, then quarter the slices. Quarter or half cherry tomatoes. Place in a large salad bowl and top with corn, pepperoni, bacon and Gouda cheese. Add 2 oz. of the Italian cheese. Toss well. Add dressing to taste and toss again. Top with remaining cheese and refrigerate until serving time.

Enjoy!

for another printable version of “THE” Salad click here

🌽🥒🧀🥬🍅

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

All About Home Common Ground & Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
32 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, “THE” Salad”
  1. Nancy says:

Sounds perfect! And so easy! Yum!

“The Salad” looks incredibly delicious! And, so easy. We love salads so this is a must try so I’m pinning this one! I would serve this as a meal, it has everything and what could be better than a salad with bacon! My favorite……….

3. Cindy Conner says:

That salad looks yummy. I love different types of salads. Just made a Greek type salad this past Friday and it was oh so good. I can make a whole meal out of a salad. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

4. Jenna, this salad that made you a rock star looks so fresh and delicious. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Ken’s bottled dressings are really good. Happy Tuesday!

5. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, in true form, this looks like another delicious recipe. I know I’ve said it before…but you need to publish a cookbook! It has been so hot here in Oklahoma that heavy food just doesn’t sound good. This salad would be perfect to serve to my family. Happy Tuesday!!!

6. lulu says:

I’d like fried chicken to go with the yummy salad.

7. I can see why it’s such a hit with so much goodness inside. I love dump salads! And thanks for the info on the Barilla. I hadn’t seen that (hadn’t looked!)

ROCK STAR salad!!!

YUM!! I like how EASY it is – I will have to look for that pasta! And you know me, I love how colorful it is too!! 🌈💕🥬🍅

10. Now that’s a salad I can get lost in! Yummy!

11. Donna HOOVER says:

Love it!
    ________________________________

12. I’ve had a few of these salads and they are truly good:@)

Jenna, I didn’t know there was such a thing as microwave pasta…I’ll have to look for it! Your pasta salad looks delish! ♥

Yum,, Jenna! I would love this salad. I haven’t tried that already to go pasta, but that would be so easy. You’re the best!

15. Julie says:

This looks like such a yummy salad and perfect for lunch or dinner. Hope you have a nice week Jenna.

This is a great salad really looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,448 and hope you will come back soon!

17. marilyn1998 says:

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too!