Take-out Tuesday, Honey Mustard Chicken with Mushrooms

Please join me in saying constant Prayers for my home state California

and everyone suffering with loss and disruption…

Now that it’s almost November, days are going to get busier and busier!

If you have 5 Minutes

chicken, mushrooms, mustard, mayo, lemon, honey

You are about to have a 5 star winner chicken dinner!

This is so easy to put together

Whether you’re dining at home or taking dinner to a friend,

it is sure to be a hit

I try to keep chicken tenders in my freezer

so on busy days it’s there to grab and make a quick dinner

You can defrost them quickly by putting them in a bowl full of cold water

Mix the mayo, mustard, honey, and lemon…

It doesn’t have to be perfectly incorporated, see the white blobs?

Just a quick stir and pour 1/2 of the mixture over the chicken

Reserve the rest of the honey mustard mixture for topping the dish later

Give the chicken a quick saute in butter and olive oil,

2-3 minutes a side in a skillet over medium high heat,

until it turns golden.

Don’t worry if it isn’t cooked all the way through, it will finish in the final baking

Remove chicken and place in a sprayed baking dish

Then brown the mushrooms in the same skillet

and place on top of the chicken

5 star chicken thepaintedapron.com

Top with reserved honey mustard sauce

Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through

Dinner’s ready!

Serve with roasted potatoes, rice or a piece of toasted garlic bread

green beans or a salad

• Servings: 2

1/2 cup quality Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice

6 chicken tenders, or boneless chicken breast cut into smaller pieces, or boneless chicken thighs*
4 oz sliced mushrooms
1 T butter
Olive Oil
S & P

Combine first 4 ingredients to make honey mustard sauce.  Place chicken tenders in a ziplock bag or in a dish and slather with marinade, reserving about half for later.  Let chicken marinate for several hours in the refrigerator.
To cook chicken, melt 1 T butter in skillet with about 1 T Olive oil over medium to medium high heat.  You want your skillet hot enough to brown the chicken fairly quickly. Add the chicken tenders and saute 2-3 minutes per side until golden.  Transfer tenders to prepared baking dish.  Saute mushrooms in skillet until browned.  Top tenders with mushrooms and drizzle with a little more honey mustard sauce. Place dish in a 400 degree oven until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.  Serves 2.  Recipe can easily be increased as necessary.

*adjust cooking time if using larger pieces of chicken

for another printable version of Honey Mustard Chicken with Mushrooms click here

🍁🌻🍁

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday

Turn About Tuesday  Celebrate Your Story, You’re the Star

All About Home/ Common Ground Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck  Friday Features  Sweet Inspirations

Happiness is Homemade    Sunday’s Best Linkup

Comments
29 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Honey Mustard Chicken with Mushrooms”
  1. Jenna, we love chicken and this looks delicious. Quick and easy on a busy day. Praying for all those in California! Have a most wonderful Tuesday!

2. It’s terrible about California. Prayers to all affected.

This recipe is exactly the way I like my recipes…quick and easy. It sounds wonderful too!

3. jj says:

Sounds delicious. And i have those plates! Couldn’t resist the adorable fall background.

4. Oh my! This is my kind of dish. Love mushrooms too. I am printing this and saving it. Thanks Jenna. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

5. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, this looks yummy! I love a delicious chicken dish. Your autumn vignette is adorable! Enjoy your day!!!

6. Laura Kate says:

Honey mustard is one of my favorite flavoring agents. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

7. This looks good. I’ll get the mushrooms today and we’ll have it this weekend!

8. Julie says:

Hi Jenna, oh wow this dish looks so good and one that I would love to make sometime. Thanks for the recipe and enjoy the week. Have a Happy Halloween! Julie

Hi Jenna, I make something similar for pork tenderloin. I like your suggestion for thawing the chicken, I will have a try this method! 😊 I like the addition of mushrooms in your recipe.
    The fires are horrible in California. I know someone who was rebuilding after the last terrible fire and may lose this home too. So terrible…

10. Bonnie Morgan says:

Prayers for California!
    Your dish looks yummy and I love an easy recipe. Thanks so much.

11. Nancy says:

Who doesn’t like quick and easy? This will be perfect after a day in the desert and we want to eat quick. Thank you!

12. Rosie M. says:

Hi, Jenna! I just made a copy of this recipe, and it’s hanging on my refrigerator for a dinner this week! Many thanks!!
    Thank you for thinking of us out here in CA. The area where I live is near the beach, and just affected by the air quality at times. But, it’s nice to know there are good thoughts coming this way during such a stressful time for many of our communities.

So quick and easy Jenna! Those fires are terrifying, keeping those in CA in our thoughts and prayers.♥

14. Jenna this dish sounds amazing and so easy. I love chicken dishes. With limited power, the photos are not downloading, but I can picture the dish in my mind. Yes prayers are needed for California, thanks for thinking of us and your home state.

I love the flavors in this awesome dish! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday,456. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!