Party Panache, Strawberry Pot Server with Ranch Garden Veggie Dip

When we had a Super Bowl gathering last weekend,

I wanted to serve something on the healthy side

to balance out the pork fest we were having

{pigs in a blanket, BBQ pulled pork and baby back ribs}

🐷

I decided fresh vegetables and an easy cold dip was the way to go

A strawberry pot makes a great vegetable and dip holder

Fill it with clean plastic bags and a small ice bag

This will keep the vegetables in place and the dip cold

I didn’t have any KC Chiefs or SF 49ers decor

so I opted to go with a combo of Valentines and Mardi Gras

My favorite February holidays

Green and purple placemats were placed down the kitchen island

with a round moss pad for the strawberry pot

Red plastic plates and heart napkins joined a jester and Mardi Gras beads

in between the serving dishes

I made a very simple dip

Sour cream combined with softened garden vegetable cream cheese

and Ranch Dip mix

The dip bowl goes on top

with veggies tucked in the holes on all sides

It makes a great party presentation

I have had this pot for years, and can’t remember where I got it,

but check your local garden centers and see what you can find,

then see if you have a bowl to sit securely on the top

Garden Veggie Ranch Dip

• Servings: makes 2 cups
  • Difficulty: very easy

2 cups sour cream

1 package Ranch Dip Mix {I used Hidden Valley}

8 oz. garden vegetable cream cheese, softened

assorted vegetables for dipping

Mix sour cream with dip mix, then fold in softened cream cheese.  Chill for at least 1 hour to blend flavors.

A pretty presentation makes the simplest foods party worthy!!

for another printable version click here

❤️  🏈  🎭

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday

Turn About Tuesday  Celebrate Your Story, You’re the Star

All About Home/ Common Ground Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck  Friday Features  Sweet Inspirations

Happiness is Homemade    Sunday’s Best Linkup  Over the Moon

Comments
24 Responses to “Party Panache, Strawberry Pot Server with Ranch Garden Veggie Dip”
  1. That is such a cool presentation idea!

2. Karen says:

Who would have thought…such a very clever idea.

Jenna, very clever using the strawberry pot for your veggies and dip. The menu sounds delicious and I am sure the strawberry pot was a hit for the centerpiece and a healthy choice go to. Great idea to combine the two holidays for a theme too. Have a Happy Valentine’s week 🙂

4. What a fabulous idea Jenna, and the strawberry pot make a lovely presentation. You are definitely the hostess with the mostest!

5. You’re right about the streawberry pot — that’s super cute!

Oh my gosh, Jenna, that is the most clever use of a strawberry pot that I have ever seen! I’ve never had luck growing things is one, but I sure could plant it with fresh veggies and dip!!
    I posted about your romaine lettuce appetizers today. I kind of ad libbed with it, as it was pretty easy to remember. Thank you for that, too!

7. What a charming idea for a serving piece!! Just too cute.

8. Chloe Crabtree says:

Such a cute idea, I would never have thought of that! Sounds delish and a great way to steer away from all of those delicious pork offerings!

9. lghiggins says:

Very creative idea and so cute!

10. Nancy says:

You are something else! And so very clever!

11. What an adorable idea! I am definitely saving this for my next party!