Fearless Friday, Sunflower Pumpkin

Since I’ve been Playing with Sunflowers this week,

why not draw and color them too!

I have done sunflowers in many different mediums

colored pencil, gouche, watercolor, pastel

Today we’re going to use markers

and the floral pumpkin pictured below is the inspiration photo

I began with a pencil sketch

Then I inked over the pencil and erased it

Now we color!

When coloring with markers,

keep a piece of scratch paper nearby

to test and choose the colors

Then keep the colors you want to use within reach

and this limited palette will keep your painting cohesive

I have a set of Caliart markers that I love

Caliart markers are good quality and not pricey at all,

You can get a set of 100 for $35 here

“Sunflower Pumpkin” 5″ x 7″ marker and ink on mixed media paper

Happy creating~

Be Fearless!

Have you started any Fall decorating yet?

I have a lot of cute sunflower items in my Society 6 Shop

Click on the highlighted links to see the items available

in the designs pictured below

“Sunflowers” collection here

Sunflower Tea collection here

Sunflower Pastel collection here

Sunflowers and Butterflies collection here

Sunflower Scarecrow collection here

Sunflower Pumpkin collection here

Pumpkins and Sunflowers collection here

Pssst, there is a Fall sale going on now!

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Sundays on Silverado/  Happiness is Homemade

What’s for Dinner / Love Your Creativity

Between Naps on the Porch /All About Home

Turn About Tuesday

Our Tiny Nest / Karin’s Cottage Linky Party /  Creative Crafts

Crafty Creators / Full Plate Thursday /Thursday Favorite Things

Home Matters

Comments
18 Responses to “Fearless Friday, Sunflower Pumpkin”

Two of my favorite things…sunflowers and pumpkins! Love your blooming pumpkin and seeing your artwork come to life Jenna! The highlights on the ribs of the pumpkin add the perfect touch of realism. Happy Friday ♥

2. Nancy says:

Sunflowers and pumpkins! Yes, please!
    I love how this turned out. Very nice!
    Happy Friday!

3. Pam says:

I love blooming pumpkins especially when the blooms are sunflowers 🌻 Your talents and creativity are amazing! Happy Friday!

4. I love your floral pumpkin photo AND the finished piece. Sunflowers are such a wonderful subject and this is so fall-happy!

5. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, your blooming pumpkin is beautiful! I always enjoy seeing how your art comes to life. You are so talented! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

6. NikiLEOwife says:

This is beautiful! I would’ve thought markers would equal kiddish, but it doesn’t at all! It looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators! Have a great weekend my friend!
    Niki | Life as a LEO Wife

7. Cheers to your creative work this week – pumpkins and sunflowers are so natural together!

8. lghiggins says:

I think that is the perfect medium for your picture. It doesn’t feel like fall yet, but I’m sure the craft stores disagree.

9. Kim says:

This is so pretty Jenna – what’s not to love about pumpkins and sunflowers? Such a happy combination. Loved your step by step pictures. It looks like so much fun to work with markers – and therapeutic too lol. Thank you as always for sharing your wonderful talent and creativity!