Tablescapes, Bloody Mary Buffet

Wow, it’s hot!  We are pretty used to that in the South and we use plenty of A/C around here.  For this simple brunch I am going to keep things cool~

menu board thepaintedapron.com

Come on over, the only thing that is going to heat up might be your Bloody Mary!  How spicy do you like it?

bloody mary station thepaintedapron.com

Grab a nice tall glass

bloody mary glasses thepaintedapron.com

bloody mary glasses jmdesignsgallery.com

and some crunchy celery sticks

We love Whiskey Wille’s Bloody Mary mix

they use good tomatoes

brunch buffet thepaintedapron.com

buffet silverware server thepaintedapron.com

Utensils and “lapkins” are tied in a twine bundle.  A “lapkin” is a thick cotton dish towel that doubles as a place mat and a napkin.  Use it to cover your lap and wipe your fingers for buffet style dining~

eggs for breakfast thepaintedapron.com

Instead of a heavy casserole, we’re keeping it easy and light with simple, cool, hard boiled eggs

eggs thepaintedapron.com

brunch thepaintedapron.com

“Everything” bagels, covered with lots of crunchy seeds,  and sticky sweet almond croissants are waiting under the glass domes.

These perky sweet peppers are holding the place for grilled Bleu Cheese Pepper Poppers.    HH is outside grilling them now…

bleu cheese pepper poppers thepaintedapron.com

bloody mary buffet 5 thepaintedapron.com

breads thepaintedapron.com

glazed peach cake thepaintedapron.com

I baked the fresh peach cake yesterday

fresh peach cake thepaintedapron.com

Would you like a slice? With a dollop of greek yogurt perhaps,  or a drizzle of peach glaze?

brunch thepaintedapron.com

Just takin’ it easy and keeping it cool…enjoying an easy summer brunch!

Bleu Cheese Poppers are a variation of jalapeno poppers.  I don’t like working with fresh jalapenos too much, and the miniature peppers are much quicker to clean and stuff.  They are sweeter than jalapenos and the bleu cheese gives them a tang that makes up for the lack of heat.  You can simply cut them in half if you wish, pile some cheese mixture on top of the halves,  and use the bacon to secure it.

peppers thepaintedapron.com

BLEU CHEESE PEPPER POPPERS    for a printable version click here

plan on 3-4 per person, depending on size.  Make the proportion of bleu cheese to cream cheese according to your personal preference~ I usually do 50% bleu cheese.

light cream cheese, softened

good quality bleu cheese {don’t buy crumbles, buy a hunk}

assorted mini colored sweet peppers

bacon strips, 1/2 strip per pepper

toothpicks

Wash peppers, remove stem and seeds.  Mix cream cheese with diced bleu cheese, mashing with a fork.  Fill peppers and wrap with 1/2 strip of bacon, securing with a toothpick.  Grill over medium coals until bacon is done or bake at 400 about 20 minutes, turning once.  Serve warm if possible.  Make a lot, they’ll go fast!

Thanks for visiting, stop by tomorrow and I’ll show you the recipe and method for the Fresh Peach Cake~

______________________________________________

the bloody Mary glasses and sunflower pitcher are from JMdesigns

the tomato plate is a recent purchase from Amazon.com

the polka dot, swirly and stripe plates are by Mud Pie

______________________________________________

I’ll be partying over at:

Between Naps on the Porch

Rattlebridge Farms Foodie Friday

On Sutton PlaceBlitzed on Pinterest

The Tablescaper Seasonal Sunday

A Stroll Thru Life Inspire Me Tuesday

Memories by the Mile Tuesday Trivia

Savvy Southern Style Wow us Wednesday

Worthing Court Homework Wednesday

No Minimalist Here Open House Party Thursday

the Style Sisters Centerpiece Wednesday

Easy Life BBQ Block Party

Comments
34 Responses to “Tablescapes, Bloody Mary Buffet”
  1. Debbie says:

I would love to join you for a spicy Bloody Mary! I love all your black and white touches 🙂

2. yummy!!!! I know my invite got lost in the mail. I must go try that bm mix! I’ve looked for a good one and most are too vinegary. is that a word? Your spread looks so beautiful. It’s satisfying both to the eyes and the tummy. Love the plates and the lapkins!!! xo marlis

3. This looks like it was a fun gathering – I love all your ideas, especially the eggs in the bowl with black chicken – I have filed away some of these clever ideas, as I love serving brunch!

4. I’m with you with all the cool foods….that peach cake looks delicious..yum yum..
    Love, Mona

5. Just vodka please! I don’t like tomato juice……but I do love all your goodies! Your poppers look wonderful and I can’t wait for the recipe for your peach cake! I think you all must have had a great time! Next time invite me, Please!

6. toscanointeriors says:

Oh I love this! Partly because Bloody Mary’s are my fav…unfortunately I’m 6 months pregnant. 😦 I just want a super spicy bloody Mary!!!!

7. Such a darling buffet table design. Love the accent plates! I’ll be back for the peach cake recipe…yum. Cherry Kay

8. I’ll be popping in to one of your soirees sometime – just a head’s up!

9. Gina says:

Your Bloody Mary brunch is fabulous! I love the whimsical plates and the “lapkin” idea is so clever. The food looked delicious!

10. This looks like so much fun, with so many tasty treats. Love those tumblers!

– The Tablescaper

Jenna~ Your Bloody Mary Brunch sounds like a great way to beat the heat! Love the lapkins and your peach cake looks delicious! I’ll have to try Whiskey Wille’s, I haven’t seen that before, we use Zing Zang. Love your plates and your hen nesting with those eggs 🙂

12. Jennifer says:

Looks great I love your lapkin bundles-cute!

13. Rattlebridge Farm -- Foodie Friday says:

You’ve outwitted the heat with pure gorgeousness. Your cake looks scrumptious–and I’m crazy about your dishes! Stay cool this weekend!

14. I love this idea. Really, really nice. I hope you are well.
    HinesSightBlog

15. Babs says:

I’m lovin’ it all…especially, the lapkins. Great inspiration for a buffet. I also like using a pretty bunch of celery for a “bouquet”. Saving your recipe for the stuffed pepper poppers. Those little snacking peppers are the best and so pretty. Thanks for all the great ideas.

16. laurie says:

I want to come to this party. It looks like so much fun! I supply lapkins for a buffet, but I’ve never called them that. Love that new word, and I can’t wait to use it. That peach cake looks scrumptious. Love your glasses for the bloody maries (how do you make that plural?) I like the chalkboard menu too. laurie

• Thanks so much Laurie! I don’t know the proper way to write Bloody Mary or Marys, do you capitalize both? or one or what’s proper? I think everyone will get it either way, thanks for your fun comments!

17. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life says:

Wow, I want to be invited to the next one. What an amazing brunch. Thanks tonsf or joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

18. I love a good Bloody Mary and I’ll have to look for the Whiskey Willie mix. With a name like that, it’s got to be good! We add a touch of horseradish to ours. I really like your popper recipe because I don’t like handling jalapenos either! What a great idea for a brunch!

19. Now That’s a yummy buffet…and I love those painted glasses….they’re too cute!

20. Shawna says:

I want to come Over!!! Everything looks so good, Thank you for sharing on our BBQ Block Party.

21. Sherry says:

Your brunch table is wonderful and very creative! The food looks delicious too. Thanks for sharing at the Open House party and take a look at your feature at this weeks party.
    xx,
    Sherry

22. That is really attention-grabbing, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your feed and look ahead to looking
    for extra of your wonderful post. Also, I’ve shared your site
    in my social networks

1. […] Bloody Mary Brunch is features bakery bagels, croissants, hard boiled eggs, but they all look party pretty because of […]

2. […] The Painted Apron  hosted this creative Bloody Mary brunch.  Doesn’t the peach cake look delicious? […]