Party Panache, Fiesta!

Time for the party!  This party actually started on Monday, so if you are just arriving, click here to sign the guest book and put a leaf on the wishing tree.  If you’d like a glimpse of the sweet treats we had on Tuesday, click here.  Now let’s join the Fiesta!

fiesta sign

If you look closely you can see HHjr and Big E in the distance, they stopped by to check things out

fiesta foyer 1

They helped hang colorful flag banners here and there

fiesta foyer

To keep things extra festive!

los dulces table

There was a lemonade “stand” across the foyer from the sweets table

lemonade table

Later there would be Margaritas and Aqua Fresca there too so I had to post an hombre to keep things under control…

He will sound his cymbals if supplies run low

wine table

There is vino in the “Cantina” if that’s your preference

Yes, I know the cloth is crooked…all three of my grandchildren popped in during the afternoon of the party~once there’s people here, no one will notice!

fiesta decor

We couldn’t decide if we liked the flags or not, so ultimately some stayed and some disappeared~

tapas table

A table for taquitos and chimichangas was in a corner of the Cantina waiting to be piled high with tapas

The bar top held a tray of Mexican Melon~it was just watermelon cubes topped with a slice of pepper jack~I got the idea from Mary over at  Home is Where the Boat is, Goat Cheese Melon Party Bites~ Thank you Mary!   It was a last minute menu addition and I just decided to do a simpler version.  Please pop over and see her genius!

Mexi Melon

These were festive and refreshing…do you panic at the last minute that you won’t have enough?  I always do and I always have too much!!

melon bites

DD suggested we make some special sombreros for the bride and groom

A mustache for the senor, and a veil and red lips for the senorita

the bride said she’s wearing her sombrero to Las Vegas for her Bachlorette party!

Uh oh!

They had glasses for their special day waiting for them at the Cantina

cantina 1

The shelves were full of colorful glassware and festive cans of  staples

cantina 2

Let’s go into the kitchen and grab some cerveza

cocina thepaintedapron.comDSC_1036

cerveza station

Yep, we ultimately just used a cooler on the floor for the beer.  Gave the guys a little exercise bending over to grab one!

A painted trash can stands ready nearby to collect empties…I know, it’s a trash can, how tacky, but necessary with a crowd of 50 thirsty party goers!

fiesta apps

Oh look, there’s a Fiesta Dip and Salsa and a large sombrero full of chips~

fiesta dip

chip sombrero

Are you ready for dinner? Let’s head into the Fajita Cafe

fajita cafe 2

fiesta dining room

chandy flowers

A full catered Fajita buffet of chicken and steak, rice, black beans, tortillas and all the trimmings

fajita cafe

I didn’t really know what to expect but their servers looked great with the dining room decor!

and pico de gallo “shooters” were ready for guests to grab after filling their plates.

Let’s head into the “room of friends,” Sala des Amigos

party sign

There’s lots of comfy seating here

sala de amigos

and a spot for refills…please picture this tub full of ice and different wines~I had to take these photos early and never got a chance to take shots during the party~

wine tub

Be sure to save room for dessert

sweets table

and don’t forget to have your photo taken

Ole!  Viva La Fiesta!

½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp.. garlic powder
Hot Sauce, to taste
1 cup cheddar cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1/2 of a large bag frozen corn
Cilantro for garnish (optional)

Tortilla chips for serving

In sauce pan melt butter. Saute onions and pepper over medium-medium heat, until tender. About 5 minutes.  Turn heat down to medium-low. Add cream cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream. Stir until melted and combined.  Add undrained green chili’s, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add hot sauce to taste if you want to add an extra kick.  Stir all together to combine.  Add grated cheddar cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Stir until melted.

Grease a baking dish. Pour corn in dish. Top with sour cream vegetable mixture and stir.  If mixture seems too thick, add additional sour cream. Top with additional Parmesan Cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, about 25 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.   Serves 12

Tomorrow I’ll share my fast and easy method for painting signs and making the sombreros, and give you all the source details

I’ll be taking this party to:

The Style Sisters

No Minimalist Here

Stone Gable

Cuisine Kathleen

Between Naps on the Porch

On Sutton Place

It’s Overflowing

Alderberry Hill

Uncommon Designs

A Stroll Thru Life

Memories by the Mile

30 Responses to “Party Panache, Fiesta!”
  1. Robert Birdsong says:

Quite the fiesta indeed.  You keep revealing party details bit by bit and it just gets better and better.  I hope you are keeping everything.  I see several friends in your future that might be borrowing or creating this in part or full again.  I can see this working for a fun engagement party, a shower like you did, Cinco de Mayo, anytime you feel like “friends and margaritas” cause thats a great combo.  Have a great day.  Great job as usual.  Mo

2. Christine says:

What a fun Mexican fiesta! The food looks delicious and the decor is so much fun. So festive!…Christine

3. I LOVE your attention to detail and how much effort you put into hosting an event. Looks like such a fabulous environment. And I love the sombreros!

4. This is just so much fun, Jenna!! Love it!

Jenna, How do you say OMG in Spanish?… You thought of everything! All your painted touches~ your curtain photo booth is over the top fun and creative! And the Bride & Groom sombreros…and all the FOOD! The wedding dress of cupcakes, so, so cute! I always panic and err of the side of too much food. I’m helping giving a baby shower in a couple of weeks, egads, I haven’t been to one in 20 years. I have to come back and PIN and catch up on your other shower details!

6. Teresa says:

What amazing party details! I think the salsa in the large glass and chips in the sombrero are super cute. With all the care you took in creating this fiesta, I can only imagine how fantastic this event was for your guests. Great job!!

7. Wow – what a fun party! All of the decorations and food and drink stations are perfect for a fiesta. I love the way you decorated the chandelier and the bride and groom hats. Also, I secretly want my photo made looking like a Flamingo dancer – ole!

8. Pam says:

Fantastic Fiesta! Your party is absolutely a wonderful way to celebrate! I love all the Spanish signs. The food looks so delicious. In Texas we love Mexican food or TexMex! The only thing missing is me. Have a great Labor Day!

9. Wow, that is amazing! You must have put so much thought into this party! I love the cutout for taking pictures! And the food looks delicious too. Fun!!

10. Jenna, this is FABULOUS!!! What a great theme for a bridal shower. The beautiful couple must have been thrilled with all the details. I think your food looks delicious–little bites are perfect for these parties. Linda

11. Sarah says:

This is one fantastic party! You didn’t miss a detail. How thoughtful for the bride and groom to be honored with a party such as this. Great job!

12. What a fun party! I love all of the great decorations and it’s the epitome of “eat, drink and be merry”:@)

13. HI Jenna – This party is wonderful. You didn’t miss a detail and it’s just absolutely perfect! I’ll be over for a margarita…. 🙂 Hugs, Holly

14. Bev says:

Beautiful! Love the colors of that tablecloth….

15. This is totally awesome! I bet great fun was had by all!

16. Holy smokes! That was some party. I’m crazy about the fiesta sign. Did you make that yourself? And I love the cantina. I’ve bookmarked this for Cinco de Mayo next year. Lots of great touches.

17. I do love a good theme party, and this one is over the top. Fabulous!

18. Candy S says:

I love a good Fiesta. You are way over the top with all of the marvelous fiesta decor. So much fun. I’m just saying – you did great.

19. laurie says:

If this isn’t party central, I don’t know what is! I know this bride and groom and the guests will be talking about this party for years! You know how to do it right. laurie

20. Kim Hood says:

Wow, you really put on the dog with this one! So many fun ideas here. It’s all so fun and festive, and I know your guests enjoyed a fabulous party!

21. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life says:

Everything is unreal. Wow what an amazing party. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

22. Kathleen says:

Holy guacomole, that was great! Love all the creative details! I have to bookmark this for cinco de mayo!
    Thanks for linking to Let’s Dish!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

• Follow The Painted Apron on