Holidays, Thinking Green!

What makes you think of St. Patrick’s Day?

leprechaun village thepaintedapron.com

A leprechaun village?

a green frog and shamrock napkins?

Cabbages and clover….?

I am sharing some images from last year’s decorations as I have been feeling particularly green this week~and not the pretty Irish green either…

Cabbages and clover thepaintedapron.com

And here are some “green” recipes you might want to make to get in the Irish spirit this month~just click on the title to go straight to the post and the recipe

Cheesy Chive Shamrocks

Broccoli Soup with Cornbread Croutons

broccoli soup thepaintedapron.com

Walnut & Pine Nut Basil Pesto

photo 2

Rosemary & Mint Marinated Lamb Chops

Bailey’s cupcakes

Baileys cupcakes

Chocolate MInt Chip Cookie Parfaits

chocolate mint chip cookie parfait thepaintedapron.com

Coconut Cupcakes with Green Sprinkles

Irish cupcakes thepaintedapron.com

Baileys on Coffee “Rocks”

And of course, to celebrate properly, you must have a Pot o’ Gold Tree!!

St Pats Day tree thepaintedapron.com

How will you be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day?ย  I do hope you find a pot o’ gold!

___________________________________

Let’s Dish Anything Green for St. Patricks Dayย

Monday Funday

Metamorphosis Monday

Make it Pretty Monday

The Scoop

Inspire Me Tuesday

Tuesday Trivia

Wow Us Wednesdays

Centerpiece Wednesday

Work it Wednesday

Posed Perfection

Thursday Favorites

Comments
25 Responses to “Holidays, Thinking Green!”
  1. Happier Than A Pig In Mud says:

What time are you serving the Bailey’s coffee??? Hope you’re feeling better soon, take care:@)

2. Liz Mackie says:

Everything looks so pretty. Thank you and have a Great Weekend!

>________________________________ > From: the Painted Apron >To: lizzm@att.net >Sent: Sunday, March 2, 2014 3:01 AM >Subject: [New post] Holidays, Thinking Green! > > WordPress.com >the Painted Apron posted: “What makes you think of St. Patrick’s Day? A leprechaun village? a green frog and shamrock napkins? Cabbages and clover….? I am sharing some images from last year’s decorations as I have been feeling particularly green this w” >

3. So beautiful and Spring like. I love each picture and I can’t wait for St Pat’s Day. It is a big day in Savannah and my family is coming into town for the occasion.

4. haridasgowra says:

Evergreen> wat a lovely pic

Hope you’re feeling better Jenna! Love your Leprechaun Village and your bounty o’ green recipes! I adore those cheesy chive shamrocks and I’m still looking for that pot of gold ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Oh, what wonderful things you have here! Those cheesy shamrocks look tasty! Hope you feel better.

7. You are ON IT, girl! I love it when people think ahead of the game!!! I am so far behind right now. I have NO ideas for a St. Patrick’s Day table OR the food to serve at this point. I still have to just get through tomorrow!!! After I put away all that purple, maybe I can focus on just the Irish green.

I am really, really sorry you haven’t been feeling in the pink. Hope you can get rid of the Martian feeling and back to bubble gum in no time! Take care, little one!

8. laurie says:

So sorry you were feeling green. I’m late reading this post, so I hope you are all well now. I love the pot of gold tree! And what great ideas for “green” food. laurie

9. wow great ideas…my favorite is the cheesy green shamrocks!! Love it all! Thanks for linking up!

10. Jenna, Sorry you are feeling under the weather! I am glad you revisited last years post. I am loving your cabbage centerpiece. So clever! All your green food is making me hungry. Great ideas.

Thank you for all your Irish inspiration, Jenna. I always enjoy all your recipes and creativity. I do hope you’ll be feeling better soon. Irish blessings to you.

12. Debbie C. says:

Love your Leprechaun Village and your green recipes! Hope you feel better soon.

13. Barbara F. says:

Wow! Love this post, the decor and the fabulous food! Visiting from Cuisine Kathleen’s blog crawl. xo

14. DD says:

Too bad you are feeling poorly but I certainly enjoyed seeing your past efforts at celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! SO many of those yummy food items look perfect for the occasion!

DD

15. BettyMarie says:

Such great inspiration in your pictures…I am going to look again. I do hope you get to feeling good soon! Luck of the Irish be with you!

16. Pam says:

sorry that you are feeling poorly, watching the green will reinvigorate you. Come over and give my blog a peek, Pam

17. Liz @ Infuse With Liz says:

Big wow on that centerpiece with the cabbages! That was a fabulous display. Sorry you aren’t feeling well. I hope you get better fast. Have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

18. I hope that you feel in the pink soon! Thanks for all the inspiration. Happy St. Pat’s Day. Cherry Kay

19. Bev says:

Everything looks delicious! Love your shamrock tablecloth.

20. Zenda says:

So many great ideas and recipes! Hope you’re feeling better now.

21. Diane says:

Jenna – I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well. I hope you are much better soon. Your post is spectacular and I love the little village and the pretty cabbages. Those cheese and chive shamrocks look so yummy, along with the rest of the food and drink you featured. Great photos!

22. Tricia says:

Wow, I must have missed this fabulous centerpiece the first time around! Absolutely stunning! All your green goodies look wonderfully inviting, too! I hope you are soon over feeling green — no fun!

23. Marigene says:

Wonder how I missed this one last year…love everything about it, Jenna! I think my favorite is the many cabbages holding my favorite white wooden charger!
    Have a wonderful week.

24. Kathleen says:

What a wonderful post! I see we both were thinking about cabbage! ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you feel better soon!
    Thanks so much for taking part in the 6th annual St. Pat’s Bog Crawl! Slainte’!