Recipe Box, Ice Cream Sundae Pie

This has been a week of decadence at the Painted Apron, with Corn on the Cob Cake and Buried Treasure Biscuit Bites

and a little retro, with a Bread Bowl Dip, and this easy dessert

ice cream sundae pie 1 thepaintedapron.com

I promise to lighten things up next week, but just to cap it all off, I have to remind you how easy it is to throw together an ice cream pie

ice cream sundae pie 2 thepaintedapron.com

We had an Ice Cream Sundae Bar for the Family Reunion, which is such an effortless way to serve dessert~

Just buy ice cream and toppings and let people build their own~

I had a lot of  ice cream leftover so I decided to make an ice cream pie and use a cookie crumb crust

I didn’t even get the cookies very uniformly crumbled, they were so full of chocolate chips and nuts

Not a bad problem at all!       With butter and a little time in the oven it held together

Let the ice cream sit out on the counter for a while and it will be ready for spreading over the baked cookie crust

Add some layers of flavors

More ice cream

ice cream sundae pie 2 thepaintedapron.com

More flavors

ice cream sundae pie 1 thepaintedapron.com

Yes, please!

ice cream pie thepaintedapron.com

Ice Cream Sundae Pie

• Servings: 8

Vanilla ice cream [or any flavor], softened

2 cups cookie crumbs [I used Pepperidge Farm Double Chocolate Nantucket]

4 T butter, melted

Chocolate syrup

Caramel syrup

whipped cream for garnish

strawberries or cherries for garnish

Mix butter and cookie crumbs in a deep glass pie dish and pat into a crust.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  Fill half way with a layer of ice cream and top with drizzles of syrup.  Repeat layers.  Cover and freeze at least 4 hours.  Cut into wedges to serve and garnish with whipped cream and berries.  Serve slices atop of syrup drizzled plates if desired.

for another printable version of Ice Cream Sundae Pie click here

Keep this easy dessert in mind when you need a show stopper!  Endless flavor combinations too, go wild!

Next week  I have some lighter recipes to share with you that are full of fresh fruits and vegetables,

Some simple ways to welcome house guests

Cleaning incentives with a surprise~

___________________________________

It’s Overflowing

Uncommon Designs

The Dedicated House

Memories by the Mile

The Gunny Sack

Four Seasons Blog Hop

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Comments
20 Responses to “Recipe Box, Ice Cream Sundae Pie”
  1. Vicki says:

My favorite course of the meal! Can’t wait to try your recipe!!

2. Happier Than A Pig In Mud says:

Sounds like a fun dessert! I love pie with all it’s different fillings:@)

So easy and perfect for hot weather Jenna! Love the hidden caramel and chocolate syrup in the layers of ice cream and the PF cookies look like a perfect and delicious crust!

4. I just gained 5 pounds looking at it and lost 1 pound salivating over it.. Mmmm. That looks delicious

5. laurie says:

Oh yes, yes, please! I will be making this — and I’ll be doing it very soon, because I think I’m going to be drooling until I get a bite of it. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Jenna. laurie

6. Velva says:

No need to lighten up-this is divine!

Velva

7. CraftyHope says:

Oh YUM! I like the versatility of this recipe . . . any flavor cookie or ice cream you could imagine. Hmmmm. And it sounds super easy, except I know I would forget to leave the ice cream out or that I left it out. I may have to try this sometime though! Thanks. 🙂

8. Omg, this looks so amazing and easy enough for anyone to handle! Definitely yes, please!!

9. Kim says:

What a professional plating technique with those swirls! This looks so easy…and yummy…completely fattening…and worth the calories. Your crust looks amazing, and I’ll be doing that the next time I make a pie. What a genius you are!

10. balmtomysoul says:

Yum!! Who wouldn’t love this! And so easy. Thanks for sharing!

11. Tanya says:

Super cool recipe!! Gotta save it so that I can prepare this for my guests.

-Tanya

Jenna, Thanks for sharing your awesome Ice Cream Sundae Pie with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back soon!

13. alifemoment says:

Wow, that’s great and what a lovely presentation too !!! 🙂