Take-out Tuesday, Potato Chip Fried Pickles

Fried pickles are a popular menu item in a lot of Southern casual eateries

fried pickle chips thepaintedapron.com

This version from Lay’s Potato Chips beats any fried pickles I’ve had anywhere

Crushed potato chips are mixed with flour to create the coating for the pickles

Crush the chips in the food processor or in a bag with a rolling pin and mix with flour

Coat the pickle slices with coating on both sides, pressing it firmly onto the pickle chips with your fingers

Carefully place coated chips into hot oil, 375-400 degrees and fry 2-3 minutes until golden

fried pickles thepaintedapron.com

The coating is light and flavorful, and the end result is a salty crispy treat

potato chip pickles thepaintedapron.com

Serve with a bowl of Ranch dressing for dipping

potato chip fried pickles 2 thepaintedapron.com

Potato Chip Fried Pickles

• Servings: 6

recipe adapted from Lays Potato Chips

1 jar, 16 oz., dill pickle chips

4 oz. Lays Ranch Potato Chips, or 1 cup crushed chips

3/4 cup all purpose flour

peanut oil for frying

Ranch salad dressing

Lay pickles on paper towels and pat dry.  Crush chips into fine crumbs and mix with flour.  Dredge pickles in potato chip mixture and use your fingers to press coating firmly onto pickle chips.  Fry in batches in hot oil, 375-400 degrees, 2-3 minutes or until golden.  Drain on paper towels and serve with Ranch dressing for dipping.

fried pickle chips 3 thepaintedapron.com

These disappear quickly!

________________________________________

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my sidebar and

Crafty Staci

Celebrate and Decorate

Comments
15 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Potato Chip Fried Pickles”

Yum Jenna! I love the idea of the potato chip coating on the pickles…so good you can’t eat just one 🙂

I’ve eaten more than my share and variety of pickles, but never had a fried one! Funny you should mention chips and pickles… I found a bag of Herr’s Creamy Dill over the holiday weekend-man they were so good! I truly regret buying them:@)

3. I have never had a fried pickle! It is intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

4. I am a southern gal and can you believe I’ve never tried fried pickles? I have heard they are delicious so now I know how to make them.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

5. Natasha In Oz says:

G’day from Oz via the Creative Ways link up. So glad I found your post as that recipe looks delicious! Thanks for sharing it.

Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

6. sherry says:

I can’t wait to make this!

Hi Jenna,
    How sweet of you to make that platter of Fried Pickles just for me, I love them!! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!

8. These look yummy, and I love the addition of the potato chips. How could these not be just exceptionally good. Thanks for the recipe.

9. Sheena says:

My husband made some very similar to your recipe when I was pregnant!! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty I hope you will join us again this week!!

10. Kathleen says:

We have never tried fried pickles but always wanted toand this version sounds great. I have everything on hand and can’t wait to try them. I am going to do them in the air fryer and save the oil calories. Thanks so much!

1. […] However, I know us, and in order to succeed we have to have an occasional off-diet treat.  These Potato Chip Fried Pickles from The Painted Apron just made the future cheat […]