Creations, EZ DIY Birthday Decorations

We go all out for birthdays around here, and we just celebrated a very special one

star banner

As in 1!

photo collage mock up

Baby Boy just turned 1!

birthday board

We had a family party at his house with lots of cousins, presents and cake!

He was king for a day!

I printed some favorite photos in different sizes, using regular paper

photo layout

And laid them out on a board in a rough arrangement forming the number one

painted board

The board got a coat of blue paint, then I glued on the photos and used Mod Podge to seal everything on the board

birthday board

Then I added a border to emphasize the number shape, and finished it with painted edges

painted sides

You could also buy one of those oversized letters, perhaps the first initial of the honoree’s name, and decoupage photos over it.  I debated over getting a big “W” but had my heart set on using the number 1

photo collage

I used PicMonkey to plan the design for the chalkboard

birthday chalkboard idea

If you don’t want to make a chalkboard, simply print out your creation and put it in a frame

I found this star garland in the 4th of July section of the craft store

star banner

The light blue stars were originally red, but a quick coat of blue made them match the overall color scheme

A birthday hat and some napkins and it was party time!

birthday hat

Instead of a big birthday cake, we got “Baby Bites,”  bite sized mini cakes, and a giant cupcake for the birthday boy

DD had an appetizer buffet with our favorite go-to party dip, 5 Minute Mystery Dip, left, ham biscuits from a local bakery, mini Cheddar Cheese Cookies, and a bowl of kid friendly grapes

birthday buffet

You can spend a lot of time or a little on these ideas, it’s up to you…

I put the one photo collage together in a few hours, while DD, carefully planned hers, taking a photo of her children every month, to celebrate W’s first year, with this very special photo frame

year in the life collage

I rounded up all my birthday party ideas, creations and recipes and put them on a Pinterest board here for easy reference

Juicy Details

I bought the birthday hat, napkins/Swoozie’s

but the hat would be simple to make:

1. Make a simple cone out of poster board or use a ready made party hat
  2. Cover the cone with fabric, securing it with spray adhesive, staples or glue dots
  3. Make a numeral or letter out of felt
  4. add ball trim or rick rack
  5. add ribbons, a yarn ball, tassel etc. to hat’s point

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxGet Your DIY On, Poofing the Pillows

15 Responses to “Creations, EZ DIY Birthday Decorations”

So adorable. I love your theme parties!!!😍

Happy 1st Birthday Wallace~ I love the name! Oh so cute and I love your collage and chalkboard art! That adorable smiling face with eight teeth makes my heart melt 🙂

3. Happy birthday, Wallace! You are a doll! Jenna, what a cute 1st birthday party! Loved your collage, the chalkboard, the food! What sweet memories that you are making!

4. Vicki says:

Happy Birthday, Wallace! Precious little guy and so lucky to have such a loving wonderful family! Love all of your ideas, Jenna!

5. Rosie M. says:

Hi, Jenna! Love all your ideas! My granddaughter turned 6 on the exact same day!! Happy Birthday, Wallace! Rosie

6. Sandra Garth says:

Baby Bites how cute and creative! The number 1 board is adorable and makes a beautiful keepsake. Great party!

7. Cute, cute, cute! What a fun party you had. Love your #1 board, very creative!

8. Jemma says:

This is just the cutest! Such a great theme party.
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful inspiration with us at TOHOT!

9. Emily says:

Over the top adorable Janna! Happy birthday to baby!!!! I love Pic Monkey, honestly I could play there all day. Looks like a fun party with great food and family……..

Awww thanks for sharing the baby boy’s very first birthday, Jenna! All the ideas you shared are so inspirational. I’ll bet you kissed his cute, chubby cheeks all day!

11. JESS44903 says:

Aww…everything looks so cute!

I would LOVE for you to share this with my Facebook Group:

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

12. Julie says:

I love your decorations for the birthday party Jenna. 🙂
    TFS this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

• Follow The Painted Apron on