Take-out Tuesday, Reuben Roll-ups

Nothing fancy today,  just a tasty little sandwich to enjoy as an appetizer, snack or with soup or salad for an easy meal

reuben-rolls-with-dipping-sauce

Reuben sandwich meets crescent roll dough

dsc_0040

With a spicy homemade dipping sauce

sandwich-sauce

No photos of the sauce making, HH whipped it up in a couple of minutes

dsc_0043

Layer everything on the dough

dsc_0044

Be sure to squeeze the sauerkraut as dry as possible

sauerkraut

I have blog buddies that make their own kraut, Jodi and Lynn, I bet it would be amazing on a reuben!

kraut-topped-reuben-dough

Roll it up as tightly as you can, tucking in anything that tries to escape

raw-reuben-rolls

Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet

baked-reuben-rolls

Serve whole or cut in half, with extra sauce for dipping

reuben-rolls-with-sandwich-sauce

If you don’t want to make your own sauce, use thousand island or Russian dressing

Reuben Rolls with Spicy Sandwich Sauce

• Servings: 8-16 rolls

1 can crescent rolls

3 oz thinly sliced corned beef

1 cup sauerkraut drained and squeezed dry

4 oz  Swiss, Fontina or Havarti cheese, cut into thin slices

Spicy Sandwich Sauce

Separate crescent roll dough triangles and brush with 1 T sauce.  Fold beef and place on short side of triangle dough end.  Top with cheese and 2 T sauerkraut.  Roll up, tucking things in as you go.  Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 350 10-12 minutes or until golden and cooked through.  Serve whole or cut in half with Spicy Sandwich sauce for dipping

Spicy Sandwich Sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 T ketchup

2 T creamy horseradish sauce

1/3 tsp paprika

1/8 tsp oregano

1/3 tsp cayenne pepper

salt & pepper to taste

Place everything in a bowl or pint jar and stir well to mix.  Refrigerate until serving.  Makes about 3/4 cup

reuben-rolls

Don’t forget the pickles!

reuben-rolls-with-dipping-sauce

Great football food too!  🏈

Enjoy!

I use crescent roll dough for all kinds of things, you can see the recipes on my Crescent Roll and Dough Creations Pinterest board here

for another printable version of Reuben Rolls click here

🥐   🧀   🍔   🥐   🧀   🍔

Celebrate and Decorate,  Rustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the PorchCoastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Tickle My Tastebuds,  The Blended Blog  Full Plate Thursday

Your Inspired Design   Share it One More Time

Comments
13 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Reuben Roll-ups”

Yum! The magical crescent roll!👍😉

2. Andrea Nine says:

I love Reuben’s so all about these! PS: We have a new recipe link up over at The Blended Blog, make sure to link these goodies up!

What a quick and easy bite for game day or for St. Paddy’s Day Jenna! I’m not a kraut connoisseur, so out of the can would be just fine for me 🙂

4. Who doesn’t like crescent rolls! This is a great idea and I love simple.

5. cozinest says:

Simple, yet delicious! My kinda meal – as you well know, Jenna! LOL.

6. Ellen says:

This looks mighty tasty! You know who would love it! You must try the new wrap at Zoe’s Kitchen: a rosemary, ham and mozzarella. It is fantastic! Having said that, I am thinking that idea could be adapted to your technique here. I believe the rosemary came from infused olive oil, because I didn’t see any actual rosemary on it. You should try it and figure out a way to do it for us

7. These look tasty! I’ve wrapped them in wonton wrappers and have fried them before but this is so much easier and less clean up! I’ll have to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

8. Kim says:

These look so delicious. Crescent roll dough is the best! 🙂

9. Jenna, you had me at Reuben, and then crescent rolls. These look fabulously delicious!

10. Helen Adams says:

I love a Reuben and this is a great idea. I am pinning this one for a great recipe. Hope you are enjoying your day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon