Recipe Box, Spinach & Bacon Spirals

The other night we were watching a little football game

known as the National Championship

We needed a little sustenance to get us through…

It was a nail biter!

Thank goodness we had these tasty spinach spiral rolls to keep our strength up!

Maple bacon aioli is a treat to have in your kitchen, and I love to use it on flatbreads, but you can easily substitute mayonnaise or a creamy ranch or Italian dressing

A bed of fresh spinach and green onions goes on the aoili spread pizza dough,

and topped with salami slices, bacon and cheese

The parchment paper can help in the rolling

And then wrap it to stash in the refrigerator

Refrigerating the dough for at least 30 minutes will make it easier to slice

Don’t the spirals look pretty?

You can bake them right on the same sheet of parchment

They bake in 10-15 minutes and come out of the oven golden and cheesy

They are almost as good as winning the game in overtime!!

Spinach & Bacon Spirals

• Servings: 16 spirals
  • Difficulty: medium

1 can Pillsbury thin pizza crust, or any raw pizza dough

1/2 cup Stonewall Farms Bacon Aioli, ranch dressing or mayonnaise

6 slices bacon, cooked and broken into 1 inch pieces

16-20 slices thin salami

4 cups fresh spinach leaves

2-3 green onions, chopped

4 oz. grated white Cheddar

1-2 oz. grated or shaved Parmesan

Unroll dough. Spread with aioli, dressing or mayonnaise. Top with spinach, onions and even layers of meat. Top with white cheddar cheese. Roll up as tightly as possible from long side. Cut into 1 inch slices and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle with Parmesan.

Bake at 400 degrees for 10-14 minutes until dough is golden

Garnish with additional chopped green onions

Stonewall Farms Maple Bacon Aioli is available in many grocery stores and gourmet markets

the aioli is a staple in my pantry, it’s delicious on sandwiches, burgers or anything that calls for mayonnaise

click here to see where it’s available in your area

for another printable of Spinach & Bacon Spirals click here

🥗   🥓   🍕   🥗   🥓   🍕

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl

Full Plate Thursday    Thursday Favorite Things  Creatively Crafty

Home Matters    Share it One More Time   Sundays at Home

Comments
18 Responses to “Recipe Box, Spinach & Bacon Spirals”
  1. It looks like you have another winner here. Well, if you count the game, two winners! (Congratulations!) These really look delicious and very easy!

2. Janet says:

Yum thank you
    Love your recipes!
    Will be making for a visit with my
    Son😀

3. I hope I didn’t get an “drool” on your blog – these look so good – mouthwatering!!

4. Ricki Treleaven says:

That little game made me a nervous wreck! These spiral sandwiches look delicious. I made party sliders for the big game, and coffee and hot tea so we could stay awake, and I’m so happy we did!

Roll Tide Roll, Jenna!

Oh what a winner these are! Not only looking delicious but so pretty. We did need something to sustain us through that nail biter, wow, what a game! The ending was amazing!!!!! So happy about that win……..

Thanks for the visual building process. Looks delicious.

Super football sustenance!!

8. Jenna, what beautiful sustenance that you enjoyed and I am sure equally tasty! I was so anxious during the game that I didn’t eat a bite of anything! I was so a anxious afterwards that I couldn’t sleep!

9. Meant to say hyped afterwards😳

Congrats on the win! And that’s one tasty looking sandwich:@)

Yum!! This looks really heavenly! I bet pesto would be great on this too! ❤️

12. Karen says:

I imagine that these spirals disappeared quickly. They would at our house.

Love the combo of flavors in your rolls Jenna and congrats on your win! The game was definitely a nail biter 🙂

1. […] Spinach Spirals adapted from Bright Shiny Things turned into Spinach & Bacon Spirals […]