Take-out Tuesday, Lemon Mini Muffins

I’m usually not a big muffin fan, but these babies are so good they are simply irresistible!

I stumbled across this recipe from Simply Stacie, and instantly decided I had to make them right away

You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry,

Sour cream also goes into the muffin batter, or you can sub Greek yogurt

You mix the butter with sugar and add the wet ingredients,  eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla

Mix the flour with baking soda and salt

Then mix the dry into the wet, adding the sour cream

When just combined, fill sprayed muffin tins with batter, I recommend using a cookie scoop and silicone pans for easy release.  You can also line your pans with cupcake papers if desired

Sprinkle raw batter with sugar and bake until just done

Cool muffins on wire rack

Now for the good part, lemon glaze!

A plastic squeeze bottle is handy to use, and you can store leftover glaze in the refrigerator and use it for pancakes, french toast, pound cake or fruit

You can also squirt a little into the muffin

I will be making another batch for Easter snacking next week

Don’t forget the lemon zest!

Since they are mini sized they are practically guilt free!

These will stay fresh for up to 5 days in a covered container at room temperature, or you can refrigerate them

This recipe is adapted from Simply Stacie, she made 12 standard muffins, but I opted to make mini muffins and my version makes 20-24 minis

Lemon Mini Muffins

• Servings: makes 20-24 mini muffins

For standard size muffins with this recipe, use cupcake papers and increase baking time to 20-22 minutes

Muffins

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup sour cream

Glaze

1/2 cup powdered sugar

lemon juice

Preheat oven to 375F

Zest 1-2 lemons and then juice for 1/2 cup.  Spray mini muffin tins, use silicone pans for easy release.

Beat butter into 1 cup sugar until combined.  Add the eggs, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 of zest, and vanilla and combine.

In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder.

Add flour in batches, alternate with sour cream, and mix until just combined and moistened.  Fill muffin pans, a cookie scoop works great.   Sprinkle muffin tops with the 1 T sugar

Bake for 13 minutes, use a cake tester to see if done.  Return to oven for 1-2 more minutes or until just done.  Do not over bake.

Cool muffins for 10-15 minutes and remove from pan to cooling rack.

Make glaze by adding lemon juice 1 T at a time until desired consistency.  Drizzle glaze over muffins and sprinkle with remaining zest.  Refrigerate any leftover glaze for future use {pancakes, pound cake, fruit}.

for another printable version of Lemon Mini Muffins click here

Lemons are instant sunshine!  ☀️

🍋   🍋   🍋

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
40 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Lemon Mini Muffins”
  1. Thank goodness these are guilt free!

Johanne Lamarche

Love anything lemon!

Oh so delicious Jenna, lemon is hard for me resist especially with that glaze!

4. Rita C. says:

I’m with Jodi – love anything lemon. Pinned – thank you!

5. I am a big fan of lemon anything! Wish I had several to have with my coffee this morning!

6. Hope Smitherman says:

I’m a huge fan of anything lemon and of muffins so these are right up my alley! You make them look so easy too! Thanks for another fantastic recipe!!

Oh my gosh my mouth is watering! I will make for sure as I love Lemon everything, hehe. I hope to make today as I have al the ingredients. THANK YOU! 🍋😊

8. Oh I love lemon anything and we love muffins here so I have to make these! Soon, just seeing and reading the ingredients has me craving one or two for breakfast. Yummy for sure!!! Happy Spring.

Ooo and ahhh, these I want to make! LEMON!!!!!

10. I could eat the entire pan! YUM!

11. pattyanneart says:

Oh these look delicious!! ❤️ I love how you used a squeeze bottle for the glaze! 😊

12. I will be making these! Just yesterday I was thinking that something lemon sounded really yummy. Mini is always a good idea too. I agree with Patty that using that squeeze bottle is brilliant.

13. I think this will be nice for Easter breakfast or brunch. Printing this one out. (After all, it’s lemon so what’s not to love?)

Great idea about putting the glaze in a plastic squeeze bottle! Love lemon!! 💚🍋

15. I love lemon desserts. This recipe looks delicious and easy.l be the lemon zest.

I’m thinking something lemon might help me forget about the s-n-o-w we’re going to get today… ugh. Enjoy:@)

17. debra cantales says:

What do you mean you are not a muffin fan!!!! LOL I love anything lemon and these sound wonderful.

18. Cathryn says:

I can almost smell the lemon from here.

I love mini muffins, they give me just the perfect serving and your lemon muffins look delicious! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your great post with us at Full Plate Thursday!

20. helenfern says:

I love lemon anything – these look so yummy! I’d love it if you’d share it at our what’s for dinner party! http://www.lazygastronome.com/whats-for-dinner-sunday-link-up-141/

Hi Jemma, I made these today and they were very good and oh, so lemony! 😊 Just a note, in the ingredients, it states baking soda and in the direction it states baking powder. I used baking powder as I looked up other muffins in my Betty Crocker cookbook, so I went with the powder. Thank you and I hope you and your family have a very blessed Easter! ⚘🐇🐣

1. […] Sugared Lemon Donut Cake, Lemon Mini Muffins, […]