Party Panache, 1-2-3 Warm Figgy Bleu Cheese Dip

We enjoyed beautiful weather over Easter weekend, warm temps, blue skies, and boat rides

The water was a rainbow of blues

When all the children are here, action is non stop

By the end of the day, the adults are looking for a little nosh before dinner

DD brought some sweet potato chips from one of our favorite cafes and suggested making a bleu cheese dip

I cubed the cream cheese, put it in the mini crock pot* along with cheese and jam and let it do it’s thing

After about 30 minutes, things were starting to melt so I gave it a good stir and covered it back up

*You can also bake the dip in a small casserole, using the same method by putting it in a 325 degree oven, stirring after 15-20 minutes and continue baking until hot and bubbly

Just family this day, so I left the chips in their bags and tucked them in an Easter basket

After an hour or so, the dip was ready for dipping

The kitchen island has a raised bar at one end that visually separates the kitchen from the great room

It is the perfect spot to set up appetizers

Centrally located, it keeps hungry nibblers out of the kitchen

This dip literally goes together in 2 minutes

Celery sticks, thinly sliced baguette, apple or pear slices would also be delicious with this easy and versatile dip

Warm Figgy Bleu Dip

• Servings: 6-8
  • Difficulty: very easy

8 oz. cream cheese, regular or low fat {non fat will not work}

2-3 oz. Blue Cheese crumbles, more or less to taste

3-4 oz. Fig jam {Dalmatia}

Cube cream cheese and put in a sprayed mini crock pot or small baking dish*

Top with blue cheese crumbles and fig jam. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stir, recover and continue heating, stirring occasionally, until hot and melted together.

Serve with sturdy sweet potato chips, waffled potato chips, celery sticks, apple slices, pear slices, or thinly sliced baguette.

*or bake uncovered at 325 for 20 minutes, stir, and return to oven for 15-20 more minutes until heated through.

If you’re not a fan of blue cheese,

I am so sorry, you don’t know what you’re missing,

you can substitute Spanish Manchego

You can also substitute Blueberry, Blackberry, Raspberry or Pear jam for Fig

Sweet potato chips also make fabulous nachos

Sweet Potato Chip Nachos

For another printable version of  Warm Figgy Bleu Dip click here

Enjoy!

Spring & Easter Joy on Panalopy

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
19 Responses to “Party Panache, 1-2-3 Warm Figgy Bleu Cheese Dip”
  1. Rita C. says:

Everything about this post looks great. I cannot believe we are still in the throes of winter/spring. Your weather looks so inviting, and the water’s so blue!

2. You’re right — if you’re not a fan of blue cheese, you don’t know what you are missing! I love it and this dip looks easy and fabulous.

Oh, it is so BLUE in your waters and skies! When I saw the photo of you all on the boat I have to admit, I gave a bit of an envious sigh. It seems like it will be forever until we can be on the water again, much less in it! What a wonderful way to spend the holiday!

3. Yum! Love the variations too. Looks like you had a great weekend!

4. Kari says:

I am going to make this dip, it looks so good and I love your waters….ours here in SW Florida are looking pretty too, although we haven’t had time to get near a boat for quite a while. 😦 Maybe soon. Kari @ Me and My Captain

Thank you for offering the substitute for bleu cheese, I am one that can’t get used to the taste of it. My sister loves it and feels sorry for me too! Ha. Glad you had a great Easter, ours was very nice,but cold. Old Man Winter needs to leave. We are SO ready for Spring. Loved looking at the kids in the boat and the people in the water, one day it will be warm here too. 😔

Wish I had big plate of those sweet potato nachos right now:@)

7. You are always serving something delicious.

8. Jenna, Im trying this dip. I buy that fig jam from the Fresh Market all the time because I like to pour it over pork tenderloins. This would be great for Baseball Watching Parties!!!

9. Wow, Jenna, your dip sounds delicious and easy enough I can make it. I love the way you set-up for family and your scenic boat cruise has me needing a beach trip soon! Have a wonderful beach weekend sweet friend………

We’d love that dip Jenna and I love the idea of it paired with sweet potato chips!

11. Jenna, our Alabama Gulf Coast is so beautiful! The grands are so adorable and how you take care of your family with delicious food. This dip has my name written all over it! Bleu cheese and fig jam, does it get any better?

12. Julie says:

How fun to go on a nice boat ride. Oh I can’t wait for summer!!!!
    That dip looks so good and I will have to make it sometime. Have a great day and week.
    Julie xo

13. That jam is so delicious and I can only imagine how good the dip would be with blue cheese and cream cheese too! Linda

14. Sandra Garth says:

That water looks so serene and I would devour that dip in a heartbeat!

This dip will be fabulous! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your with us at Full Plate Thursday!

1. […] Minute Warm Figgy Bleu Cheese Dip with Sweet Potato Chips, original […]