Tablescapes, Checkmate!

I made this flower arrangement several months ago

with these crazy black & white check flowers from MacKenzie-Childs

I have been dying to share it with you,

but I wanted to wait until the back ordered bee stems arrived

Well, buzz buzz, the bees finally flew in the other day,

just in time for a little tablescape fun!

The only other MacKenzie-Childs piece is the small dome set and the rest of the pieces are mixed in, mimicking the MacKenzie-Childs signature black & white “Courtly Checks”

The abstract plates feature a ruffled rim, like so many of MacKenzie-Childs ceramic plates, and they have the favorite black, white, and lime green

The plates are from Mud Pie {a while ago}, each plate sporting a slightly different pattern, similar to MacKenzie-Childs mix & match pieces

I painted the goblets, my knock-off of one of the MacKenzie-Childs patterns

rose glasses

You can see the tutorial here

The Sunflower Tea coasters can be found in my Society 6 Shop here

The napkins were made and gifted to me by a special friend

I painted old silver candlesticks with white chalk paint

and added black checks and dots,

You can see the tutorial here

Aren’t the bees too adorable??

And they don’t sting!

The flowers and bees are currently available at MacKenzie-Childs here

Pretty soon I will be packing up and heading south…

And getting ready for next week’s Alfresco Tablescape Hop hosted by Celebrate & Decorate

I’ll give you a hint to as to what you might see on my table …

Thank you for your visit, it’s made my day even sunnier!

🐝  🌺   😎   🌺   🐝

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck

Comments
28 Responses to “Tablescapes, Checkmate!”
  1. Jenna, love your sunny and fun bee tablescape. The flowers and bees make a great centerpiece. Love all the MC like black and white and ruffles. Your coasters are to adorable! Perfect for summer. Hope you are enjoying your time in the city…….

2. Rita C. says:

Love, love, love!!😍😍

3. pattyanneart says:

Love it, Jenna! 🌻🙂
    Those bees 🐝 are adorable! ❤️

4. Nancy says:

Love! …and those bees!

5. Jenna, this Tablescape is so fun. The MKC flowers and bees make for a beautiful centerpiece. Your painted stemware adds more charm. Hope you are enjoying city life for a few days. I look forward to the Tablescape,blog hop and that flamingo😊

6. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

Oh I adore this cute tablescape! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Good Morning Jenna, what a beautiful table setting and the flowers creations are the perfect addition.

8. Rosie M. says:

A PERFECT nod to MKC!!! I love your “bees” and stemware. What a happy table!! Thanks for sharing.

Love those flowers!!!

10. Marilyn says:

Lovely and elegant. Everything is so pretty.
    Marilyn

11. Marion says:

Thank you for sharing this lovely tablescape. I love the black and white check with a little yellow,too.
    Marion

Bee-utiful Jenna! I love all your black and white checks paired with the pop of lime green and those wonderful MKC blooms! Your painted glassware and coasters are perfect with your table too. Looking forward to your alfresco table next week!

13. Very fun and very Mackenzie!

14. Pattie says:

I love this table so much that I cannot tell you! I am a big fan of black and yellow, and have gone mad for plaid. Those flowers are fabulous, and I thank you for including so many tutorials that I am heading off to read right now!

15. Michelle says:

💋. So cute.

16. What a fun table! I am really liking black and white buffalo check these days and was thinking it is perfect for Christmas, but you have shown how it is perfect for summertime with this tablescape! Yellow is a great color to mix with the black and white. Your talents shine on those coasters and how gorgeous are those napkins! I wouldn’t let anyone use them, I would just display them for show!

• Thanks Chloe, I love black and white, so versatile and always dramatic…I do use it for Christmas, such a great compliment to red and green! I laughed at your napkin comment, and you’re right, I only use them for tablescaping!

17. Love the black and white check decor. Beautiful table settings. So glad I found you on the link party today. Happy Summer, Kippi

18. Linda says:

Bee-ti-ful table Jenna. You outdid yourself. Love the centerpiece. The black and white check is adorable. Those napkins are wowing me. You are so talented painting your own glassware.