Recipe Box, Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts

Have you noticed the influx of prepared vegetables at the grocery store lately?

I swear every time I go there are more choices and types of prepared veggies, 5-6 types of spiralized vegetables, sliced, diced and seasoned vegetables, all ready for cooking

When I saw chopped butternut squash last week, I grabbed it…Have you ever chopped a butternut squash?

Not fun!!

I grabbed the sliced Brussels sprouts too, and threw them together for the easiest, tastiest side dish ever!

If you don’t like Brussels sprouts use broccoli florets instead

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pile the squash and sprouts in the center

Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and maple syrup

Roast in the oven for 30 minutes

This is full of sweet and savory flavors to compliment any meat, chicken, pork or fish entree

You could also put it on a salad of greens, spinach or kale

It would be great on pasta too, mix in cooked chicken, ham or bacon

Endless possibilities for this flavorful combo!

Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts

• Servings: 3-4
  • Difficulty: very easy

3 cups diced butternut squash

3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved

olive oil

salt & pepper

3 Tablespoons real maple syrup

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Pile vegetables in the center of pan.  Drizzle with oil and syrup and season liberally with salt and pepper.   Toss vegetables to distribute seasonings.  Spread out into an even layer on the pan.  Roast at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are soft and sprouts are starting to char.  Serve immediately.

Variations:

Use on a salad or spinach or kale leaves.  The warm vegetables will mix with the greens and dressing won’t be necessary

Toss with hot pasta and add cooked bacon, ham, or chicken

For another printable version of Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts click here

Enjoy!

Psst…Big sale week on Society 6, here’s the info!

Great time to start holiday shopping!

🍁   🌻  🍁  🌻  🍁

Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch, Cooking & Crafty with J & J

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
21 Responses to “Recipe Box, Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts”
  1. chef mimi says:

You’re exactly right about butternut squash! I grated a whole one recently and it was a horrible job! I’m just so used to doing everything from scratch, but these are definitely kitchen helpers. Great recipe!

Great idea to mix!

3. Jenna, I have tried too many times to cut butternut squash, I love the prepared ones. I haven’t thought of adding maple syrup, this looks delicious.! The Tide definitely rolled last night!

4. Ricki Treleaven says:

This is a great combination, and I actually roasted squash and Brussels sprouts over the Labor Day weekend at the lake (Shanley was craving fresh veggies). I didn’t use maple syrup, but I think it would make the veggies even better! Thanks, Jenna!

5. jj says:

This sounds and looks, delicious. Simple and elegant. Thanks for the idea!

6. It just dawned on me Rick didn’t plant Brussels this year. Pooh. Well, there’s always the market. This looks good!

7. Rosie M. says:

I just back from the store with a container of cut- up butternut squash and Brussel sprouts and will certainly be trying this recipe tomorrow! Thank you for all your yummy recipes that make my job of cook so much easier!!

We love roasted butternut and Brussels sprouts but I’ve never roasted them together Jenna! Already cubed butternut is the only way I buy it anymore!

I love love this veggie combination, it looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and sure hope you have a great weekend!

10. Michele says:

Excited to try this tonight. We grew Butternut squash this year so I have a dozen of them waiting to be used!!

1. […] Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Pumpkin Vinaigrette turned into Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts […]